K
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I've had about 6 or so jeeps wave to me when driving the bronco, and I've had 0 broncos wave to me
Sponsored

Bud2020

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badsquatch 2.7 Lux
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Had one give me a thumbs up when they passed by and another come up and talk in a parking lot , after they parked next to me, saying it was the first one he had seen in person.

I’ve only seen 3 other broncos in my AO. 2 ignored me 1 flashed their lights.

rtazz17

Banned
Big Bend
Banned
Banned
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford bronco big bend
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Most of the people who drive around anything JK or JL never got the jeep wave memo. That’s fine by me. I’ll have to say that more than once I’ve driven toward what I thought was a wrangler to find out when I got close enough it was a Bronco.

When I’m in my YJ I usually skip initiating a wave with a JK or JL unless I see it’s modded. But then some people won’t wave to me because my headlights are rectangle. Heh.
I borrowed my buddys modded lifted jeep for a week and now that you mention it , it was mostly just the modded jeeps that waved. I got so used to waving that I got pissed when I didnt get a wave back,lol. Now im back in my bronco and no waves at all.

Dral97

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco, Wrangler YJ and 392, BMW 4 series
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Yup, I had a 97 TJ back in the day. Before the JK's were out there were FAR fewer jeeps on the road and you'd get a wave from about 90% of other people in wranglers. Once the JKU blew up, everyone and their grandmother started getting them. Again, so few got the wave memo.

I'm not complaining though. The introduction of the unlimited helped keep the brand alive and surely made it better.

Brockdog12

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Explorer ST-Line
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I posted on another thread about the waving, I quit doing it. Most of the time the other Bronco owners are oblivious to their surroundings. Three days ago, I was in traffic, at a red light, flanked by a Big Bend and a Badlands, pretty cool to see, neither one of the drivers took a look around, they looked at their phones or straight ahead. I'll leave the waving up to my kid.

Sponsored

GoobertownDaddy

Base
First Name
Murphy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F150, 2004 JEEP WRANGLER, 2022 Bronco OBX
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I own both... There is not a thing between the Jeep and Bronco communities. I think the Bronco people are way more obsessed with Jeep people than the other way around. IMO. I do think the Bronco is the better ride though. As far as the waving I don't notice most of the time if someone is waving at me.

IDyeti

Black Diamond
First Name
SPAM
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco BD
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I had a Jeep's passenger wave at me this weekend, she was all excited. Husband reached to put her hand down. He knew the difference, she didn't. Hilarious.

JimmyG

Badlands
First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fords and Cadillacs
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

In Michigan we only give the one finger salute "wave" It's a jungle out there - every Man and Woman for themselves!

thatspecialbeat

Black Diamond
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subies
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I have not noticed any pattern with Jeep drivers.

I have for sure noticed Prius and some Tesla drivers being more aggressive toward me with the Bronco. A couple of "gas guzzler" related shouts out the window at first, but those have stopped.

Overall mostly thumbs up and "cool truck" comments.

I try to make eye contact with other Bronco owners for a little nod but they are starting to become normal to see on the road every day.

Morrisattack

Black Diamond
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BRONCO AND BRONCO
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I've had a few jeep waves but somehow i've only crossed paths with one other bronco. Didn't wave but had a nice conversation at the red light. Owning both it does make it difficult when to wave
Sponsored