First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
---
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I've only had my Bronco for three days now. But this has happend twice. A Jeep is coming from the other direction and they start to wave and then realize that they were getting ready to wave at a Bronco. They pull their hand down real quick and focus straight ahead. Got a little chuckle both times because it also happened to me a few times when I had my Gladiator. Some Wrangler owners snub their noses at Gladiators.

Has this happend to you at all??

Just a side note. I have nothing against waving if that's your thing. I don't initiate but will return. I spent many years riding Harleys and a few in Jeeps so I'm waved out. LOL
Sponsored

PSUTE

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sierra
Your Bronco Model
Base
I wave at other Broncos, mostly because we for the most part have eaten the same dust, reservation, ordering, waiting... May change in a couple of years when there are more in the wild. Jeeps, have not noticed, can't swing a dead cat up this way without hitting one, so no...

kodiakisland

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
12 Tacoma, 18 Indian, 23 GV70
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Everyone pretends they don't see me. Especially when I'm on my bike.

M4Madness

Base
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150 FX4
Your Bronco Model
Base
I've yet to have a Jeep driver acknowledge me. Hell, I've passed two Broncos in town, and neither returned my wave. LOL!

SubmarineNuke

Wildtrak
First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Website
twitch.tv
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

ironically I got a ton of Jeep waves when I went to Colorado....never a single one in Houston :D

Sponsored

tock13

Big Bend
First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazda, 66 Honda CT90, ā€˜94 Toyota Xtra cab
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I used to get tons of jeep waves in my FJ40, I don't think most of them knew it wasnt a jeep...looked kind of like it, must wave. Heck people in parking lots used to tell me I had a nice Jeep all the time. I didn't mind the wave or having it called a Jeep though, folks were just being friendly so it was all good.

Dral97

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco, Wrangler YJ and 392, BMW 4 series
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Most of the people who drive around anything JK or JL never got the jeep wave memo. Thatā€™s fine by me. Iā€™ll have to say that more than once Iā€™ve driven toward what I thought was a wrangler to find out when I got close enough it was a Bronco.

When Iā€™m in my YJ I usually skip initiating a wave with a JK or JL unless I see itā€™s modded. But then some people wonā€™t wave to me because my headlights are rectangle. Heh.

d_bearhugs

Base
First Name
Dani
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Base Bronco 2.7L
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I have had a jeep wave and a few broncos. Actually saw my color and we both had these huge smiles on cause we realized we were seeing a twin in person. I'm a waver. Always was with my jeep. I don't care about the dislike some have for it. It's enjoyable on my end and it doesn't hurt anyone to be friendly.

BlueBronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 F150 KR - '21 BL - 23' OBX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Having recently sold my JKU, I'm used to checking out others peoples Jeeps and waving but, on the street it seems that most Jeeps would flat out ignore me in my Bronco and look straight ahead (although, recently I had a Gladiator pass me and yell out "thats a badass Bronco, but I digress) but when out on the trails Jeeps would come up to me and want to check it out.

I used to get tons of jeep waves in my FJ40, I don't think most of them knew it wasnt a jeep
Thats because they thought your "Jeep" got stung by a bee.

Jazer

Outer Banks
First Name
Jessica
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2.7 OBX
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I have had quite a few Jeepers in the area wave at me. I don't generally anticipate it because we have A LOT of Jeeps in the area, so most don't wave. I feel bad when they do and I don't see it/respond in time, lol. I like the whole wave thing between like cars. It's a matter of community and the world could use more friendliness and good vibes out there.

Subaru people wave at each other, motorcycles, same thing went when I had my Rx-8, I had other Rx8 drivers get just as excited to see me too, etc.. It's nothing special to Jeeps.

Sponsored

Black_Stallion13

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I'm not a "waver" unless I'm on two wheels, but I've had this happen to me seemingly when I have the top off. Maybe Jeep owners' differences end when we are all cruising in the open air?? šŸ¤·

Last edited:
OP
OP
Garemlin

Garemlin

Black Diamond
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
---
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Before I had my Bronco when I saw one when in my Gladiator I would give them a thumbs up. One time when I was crossing the highway I gave a thumbs up to a girl driving a Bronco at the red light and she got the biggest smile on her face and gave and enthusiastic one in return. That's the only response I got from one.

This is definitely Jeep territory. They are everywhere. And in reading two Jeep clubs FB groups I am in, the Bronco is a big source of amusement for them.

Big Boss

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Big Bend
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I've had a few jeeps wave at me, some I think by accident.

JBlanco

Base
First Name
Julio
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco BaseSquatch, 2023 Tesla Y Performance
Your Bronco Model
Base
I wave at other Broncos, mostly because we for the most part have eaten the same dust, reservation, ordering, waiting... May change in a couple of years when there are more in the wild. Jeeps, have not noticed, can't swing a dead cat up this way without hitting one, so no...
Emotional support wave!
Sponsored