First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Big Bend, 2019 F350, 1992 Mustang GT
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Hello. I'm looking to upgrade my stock stereo system and have been searching the forum but have been unable to find much on the JL Audio Stealth box along with an amp mounting location.

I like the idea of the sub being hidden but am not sure where to mount the amp. I'm looking at using an audio control LC5.1300 which is fairly large so I'm not sure if it will fit behind the panel along with the stealth box.

I was also looking at the plug and play kit 51 which included the amp and a wiring harness but can't determine where the amp would need to be mounted in relation to the sub for the wiring harness to work.

My other thought was using an MTI box on the gate along with the amp mounting board they sell that goes behind the panel. I'm just having a hard time having the sub visible although you can go with a 13 inch sub which may sound better.

I have read the many topics on this but would appreciate any specific feedback on the stealth box and amp mounting since the box is new and I haven't seen much on it.

Thank you in advance.
Sponsored

OddBall88

Badlands
First Name
Joseph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Right now I have my 8 channel amp set up in the little cubby under the rear. You may be able to squeeze it into the space that’s available behind the Stealthbox. That’s where I currently have the amp powering mine placed but it’s a small sized amp.

OP
OP

Junior127

Big Bend
First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
That might be a good option. I will have to take some measurements.

Do you have the stealth box and if so how do you like it?

OddBall88

Badlands
First Name
Joseph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

That might be a good option. I will have to take some measurements.

Do you have the stealth box and if so how do you like it?
Yeah I’ve had it for like a month now and it’s a surprisingly good sub. I typically have my sub knob turned to half since the sub can overpower the other speakers and that’s listening to metal music mostly. Hits harder than the alpine sub I had before it that was in a ported box.

Sponsored
OP
OP

Junior127

Big Bend
First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Thank you for letting me know how you like it.

1st 75th ranger

Black Diamond
First Name
jeffrey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 ford bronco bd 4 dr sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Hello. I'm looking to upgrade my stock stereo system and have been searching the forum but have been unable to find much on the JL Audio Stealth box along with an amp mounting location.

I like the idea of the sub being hidden but am not sure where to mount the amp. I'm looking at using an audio control LC5.1300 which is fairly large so I'm not sure if it will fit behind the panel along with the stealth box.

I was also looking at the plug and play kit 51 which included the amp and a wiring harness but can't determine where the amp would need to be mounted in relation to the sub for the wiring harness to work.

My other thought was using an MTI box on the gate along with the amp mounting board they sell that goes behind the panel. I'm just having a hard time having the sub visible although you can go with a 13 inch sub which may sound better.

I have read the many topics on this but would appreciate any specific feedback on the stealth box and amp mounting since the box is new and I haven't seen much on it.

Thank you in advance.
i run
mti tail gate set up with pro comp kicker
co axle alpines deck and pods
6" alpines in kicker panels too
rocksford fosgate amp and processor
stealth clarity and "boom"
done at
untouchable sounds elmwood park nj
Sponsored