Geoff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Expedition EL
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

On the fence about ordering one of these tops for my 2-door, and either need to decide tonight (May sale ends) or wait for the next sale. :cool: But I'm sweating the color choice. Even with the color swatches...lol.

My understanding is that titanium is "metallic" and more reflective, and I can live with the slightly reduced visibility upward. I also would probably like the "headliner effect" where the titanium may brighten up the interior when the MIC top is installed. Lot's of dark gray on these interiors. But from looking at pics, not wild about the titanium and black trims around the sides and zippers. Seems to draw a lot of attention to all the trim.

I also like the titanium in pics on silver or A51 Broncos, but not sure it would look good on red / hot pepper red compared to all black. Thoughts? Or anyone been here/done it already? Thx!
Sponsored

the poacher

Badlands
First Name
john
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 ford ranger
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
On the fence about ordering one of these tops for my 2-door, and either need to decide tonight (May sale ends) or wait for the next sale. :cool: But I'm sweating the color choice. Even with the color swatches...lol.

My understanding is that titanium is "metallic" and more reflective, and I can live with the slightly reduced visibility upward. I also would probably like the "headliner effect" where the titanium may brighten up the interior when the MIC top is installed. Lot's of dark gray on these interiors. But from looking at pics, not wild about the titanium and black trims around the sides and zippers. Seems to draw a lot of attention to all the trim.

I also like the titanium in pics on silver or A51 Broncos, but not sure it would look good on red / hot pepper red compared to all black. Thoughts? Or anyone been here/done it already? Thx!
You can never go wrong with black. Goes with every colour, and always looks good. Just saying...

Ft. Worth Rob

Outer Banks
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW X7, Bronco OBX
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I have HPR and did the titanium. Like you said, it brightens up the interior a bit with the top on. It also really blocks the heat of the sun since the mesh is so dense.

bronco_billy

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Crown Vic
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend

HPR guy here. Had that same delima. Went with the black over the titanium. Glad I did! I think it looks good and blends in well with the color and trim pieces.

Cheers!

OP
OP
Fillups

Fillups

First Name
Geoff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Expedition EL
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

I have HPR and did the titanium. Like you said, it brightens up the interior a bit with the top on. It also really blocks the heat of the sun since the mesh is so dense.
Thanks for the reply, happen to have any photos with the top off or folded back (if soft top)? If convenient, just wondering how visible the mesh is from side / rear view.
My additional thought about the titanium being more densely woven was that it may help little more if you get caught in a pop-up rain shower? But I guess if you get caught in the rain, either option would be "slightly better than nothing" lol.

Sponsored

Ft. Worth Rob

Outer Banks
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW X7, Bronco OBX
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Thanks for the reply, happen to have any photos with the top off or folded back (if soft top)? If convenient, just wondering how visible the mesh is from side / rear view.
My additional thought about the titanium being more densely woven was that it may help little more if you get caught in a pop-up rain shower? But I guess if you get caught in the rain, either option would be "slightly better than nothing" lol.
I don’t but will take the top off this weekend and snap some photos.

Yeah, the mesh in the rain may be better than nothing for a minute. I have the Ford cockpit cover but haven’t tested it’s water resistance. I hear there’s a cheaper more waterproof option on Amazon from the aftermarket.

The only other thing I’d mention is if you use a TopLiftPros lift like I do and keep the Bimini under your hardtop that it’s a bit of a pain to get the extension arms pulled in and out. Luckily I have long arms.

TheShark

Wildtrak
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco 4DR Wildtrak, 2023 Maverick XLT FX4
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I have Shadow Black but went with the titanium. I think it's a good contrast with black but I really wanted the denser weave.

ChrisB351

Black Diamond
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 2dr Bronco, 2005 ZX6r, 1993 Mustang GT
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Titanium on velocity blue. They will send you some samples to compare.

Sunshade.jpg

OP
OP
Fillups

Fillups

First Name
Geoff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Expedition EL
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

Ford Bronco Jtops color for HPR paint color? Titanium vs. Black Sunshade
Nice 2-door pic, thanks! I actually got 3 color samples, and have been looking up at the sun thru them, what my neighbors must think... But then I'm also trying to get an image of how the non-black colors look from side and back. I like how the zippers "disappear" with the black mesh, but I'm not taking drone shots for YouTube either, lol.

OP
OP
Fillups

Fillups

First Name
Geoff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Expedition EL
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

The only other thing I’d mention is if you use a TopLiftPros lift like I do and keep the Bimini under your hardtop that it’s a bit of a pain to get the extension arms pulled in and out. Luckily I have long arms.
Thanks... No top lift here, just added a ceiling mounted garage shelf to slide the top and panels onto. We'll see how that goes...

Sponsored

vrtical

Raptor
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fords
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

I did black there is a pic in my journal.

OP
OP
Fillups

Fillups

First Name
Geoff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Expedition EL
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

Thanks for the replies and pics here... I'm leaning more toward titanium "to be different" and in hopes it brightens up the interior a little (view from the driver's seat that matters most:).
My OCD is bothered by the little strip of mesh that sits below the hard top bracket (in the pic below)...not sure why they could not run the black edge material down the entire side. But if it bothers me down the road, I bet it can be colored black somehow.
Ford Bronco Jtops color for HPR paint color? Titanium vs. Black 1685900547756

GAN

Badlands
First Name
Gan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Badlands, Ford Escape, Hyundai Tucson
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Ford Bronco Jtops color for HPR paint color? Titanium vs. Black 1685900547756
Thanks for sharing! How does it look looking up from the inside? (if it's not too much trouble)

ChrisB351

Black Diamond
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 2dr Bronco, 2005 ZX6r, 1993 Mustang GT
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Thanks for sharing! How does it look looking up from the inside? (if it's not too much trouble)
No pics but basically the same

Ft. Worth Rob

Outer Banks
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW X7, Bronco OBX
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Yeah, the mesh in the rain may be better than nothing for a minute. I have the Ford cockpit cover but haven’t tested it’s water resistance. I hear there’s a cheaper more waterproof option on Amazon from the aftermarket.

Sorry, didn’t get to it last weekend. This is the titanium Jtop on HPR.
Ford Bronco Jtops color for HPR paint color? Titanium vs. Black 7EABF794-B853-47F2-9A93-3914E51CE45E
Ford Bronco Jtops color for HPR paint color? Titanium vs. Black 5F0E1C7D-114C-42A6-BC96-37B86BF48BEB
Ford Bronco Jtops color for HPR paint color? Titanium vs. Black 1E2472FF-26C0-4A4E-935B-B1A7AB22D89A
Ford Bronco Jtops color for HPR paint color? Titanium vs. Black DEFFC546-9CFE-43A1-9DE4-6C989FE5535D
Ford Bronco Jtops color for HPR paint color? Titanium vs. Black 6993E826-4042-493A-86E9-B8E0CCECA4C8
Ford Bronco Jtops color for HPR paint color? Titanium vs. Black DD314234-9D8E-44E3-B358-7974055D0EF8
Ford Bronco Jtops color for HPR paint color? Titanium vs. Black 11B69102-F63D-48FE-96A5-485C714D077A
Ford Bronco Jtops color for HPR paint color? Titanium vs. Black 0C04DE78-0CBE-4D0C-B91A-CF165F9B030A

C31E0AFD-0A49-478B-BC31-60C03DC30385.jpeg
Sponsored

Last edited: