Just got the call to schedule my build date

Daytona_Bronco

Black Diamond
Well-Known Member
First Name
Jay
Joined
Sep 6, 2020
Messages
861
Reaction score
3,256
Location
Daytona FL
Vehicle(s)
2007 Mustang GT
Clubs
 
My Ford dealership @FordPortRichey and fordofportrichey.com #s_cks. They haven't made any attempt to reach out to me. As a day one reservation in my small town gulf coast of Florida I cant imagine there's too many in line ahead of me at my dealership. They are however really good at letting everyone know about there awards on twitter.
Not sure what deal you have at that location. But if your up for a drive Mullinax dealerships in FL are honoring xlpan. They have no dealer fees or any extra fees, its standard at their locations as well .. I'm between going to Mullinax New Smyrna Beach xplan pricing or an out of state below invoice deal in LA .. Mullinax kept in contact with me also FWIW





Advertisement

 

Treeza61

Well-Known Member
First Name
Richard
Joined
Jul 23, 2020
Messages
706
Reaction score
630
Location
Texas
Vehicle(s)
2017 F250, 2019 4Runner TRD Pro, 2013 FJ
Correct me if I'm wrong, but my understanding is that the date you finalize and submit your build has nothing to do with your place in line for delivery. All builds received by the cutoff date (in January, for now) should roughly follow the reservation order, not the order of final submission (aside from other factors they may use to optimize the build queue).

Aside from bragging rights, it doesn't make much sense to rush to be first to place your order, especially given so many factors still unknown. I, for one, plan to wait until as late as possible.

Edit: To add to my thoughts, I'd also be a little wary of any dealer pushing me to schedule my build ASAP. Especially given that the timing of opening order banks is apparently not even final. I think it's likely the dealer(s) in question would ask for a deposit at that point, locking you in. Why give up your flexibility for no additional benefit? You won't be getting your Bronco any sooner, whether you place your order today or in early January (again, as long as you make the cutoff for final scheduling). Why not see what changes between now and then? The way things have been going, I wouldn't be at all surprised if there were some potentially deal-breaking (or, at the very least, build-changing) changes to options and offerings before the scheduling cutoff.
Even if you go ahead and place your order early, you can still make changes up until it goes into production.
 

Velociraptor

Badlands
Well-Known Member
First Name
David
Joined
Jul 28, 2020
Messages
215
Reaction score
341
Location
Pacific Northwest
Vehicle(s)
2013 Lexus RX450h, 2020 Subaru Crosstrek
I got a request to send my build in a couple of weeks ago which I did. I will probably hear about ordering maybe next week. I did make a few minor changes. I am excited to finally order. Too long thinking and speculating. I want the metal!
 

Darforce

Black Diamond
Well-Known Member
First Name
Darlene
Joined
Jul 23, 2020
Messages
497
Reaction score
695
Location
Buffalo, ny
Vehicle(s)
Subaru crosstrek/ Mazda miata
Clubs
 
I called them earlier on and they gave me the run around about their pricing policy and not a peep. I reached out to another dealer to see about transferring dealers twice and not a peep. I guess no one wants my money lol.
 

Garbone

Base
Well-Known Member
First Name
Gary
Joined
Jul 16, 2020
Messages
832
Reaction score
1,962
Location
Daytona Beach, FL
Vehicle(s)
1962 C10, 06 Mustang, 12 Explorer
My dealer has my build and info on file and we are just waiting for the ordering system to open. Looking forward to it.
 

rgwinn

First Edition
Well-Known Member
First Name
Rod
Joined
Jul 18, 2020
Messages
326
Reaction score
573
Location
Salem
Vehicle(s)
‘62 Vette
Vehicle Showcase
1
Yes, I have the same info from my dealer, December 7th
 

TD723

Base
Well-Known Member
First Name
Todd
Joined
Sep 10, 2020
Messages
84
Reaction score
251
Location
Newton, Iowa
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ram 1500, 2017 Jeep JKU
My local dealer just responded to my sept 30th email saying they could match the Granger Ford price, and that they noticed I moved my reservation. guess they’re a couple months late and now approx 45K short?
 

Advertisement





 


Advertisement
Top