Sponsored

Katzkins group buy?

Interest in a "Launch" interior group buy?

• Total voters

rsmag9

Base
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford's
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I was extremely disappointed when I saw that Ford wasn't going to offer either launch interior.... and even more so when I saw the couple interiors that I thought looked ok, were being locked to certain trim levels. I know a popular thought on the forums is to look into Katzkins as an aftermarket alternative. I wonder if there was enough interest if Katzkins would attempt to recreate the launch interior? Maybe even with the cooling option? Would anyone be interested in trying to put together a group buy if they did? Also, anyone with a Katzkin's hookup?
Ford Bronco Katzkins group buy? z
Ford Bronco Katzkins group buy? y
Sponsored

OP
OP
rsmag9

rsmag9

Base
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford's
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I forgot to mention, I know that these are "one off, custom interiors" and that a company like Katzkins wouldn't recreate all the details.... but if they could reasonably copy the look and vibe of the interiors with the added option of heated/cooled seats, I'd be interested.

Sampsonrustic

Base
First Name
Sampson
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150 4x4
Your Bronco Model
Base
I’m getting katzkin on my base Sasquatch but will probably be doing it through my dealer instead of diy since I want heat as well. I like saddle brown but I’m not sure it goes with the light gray interior so will likely do black. If the other panels in the car could easily be wrapped in matching brown I’d definitely consider it. Leather is really just for winter though will probably have canvas covers in summer

OP
OP
rsmag9

rsmag9

Base
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford's
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I’m getting katzkin but will probably be doing it through my dealer instead of diy. I like saddle brown but I’m not sure it goes with the light gray interior so will likely do black.
I'm not sure I want to tackle the diy seats either... I was just hoping that they would offer something with the look of the launch interiors. I do like the black with white stitching MGV that Ford caved on for the First Editions and would probably opt for that option if it was offered on other trim levels.

lrtexasman

Black Diamond
First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 BL traded for 23 Tundra waiting on BD Order
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I was pretty excited about the Katzkin but decided to go with the BD to get the MGV after reading some review from Wrangler/Gladiator owners who frequently go topless. A few of the have complained water (rain/washout) soaks through the leather and gets trapped in the foam causing a moldy smell. Said the factory leather for some reason breathes better. I don't know for sure but figured Id rather be safe than sorry later on.

Sponsored
OP
OP
rsmag9

rsmag9

Base
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford's
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

That’s good to know. I was also considering the BD for the MGV/washout.

Sascrotch

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jetpack
Your Bronco Model
Base
If they offered something similar to the white/gray interior, I'd pick it up in a heartbeat for my basesquatch. That white interior is my most missed cut feature from all the pre-production models shown

Sampsonrustic

Base
First Name
Sampson
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150 4x4
Your Bronco Model
Base
I was pretty excited about the Katzkin but decided to go with the BD to get the MGV after reading some review from Wrangler/Gladiator owners who frequently go topless. A few of the have complained water (rain/washout) soaks through the leather and gets trapped in the foam causing a moldy smell. Said the factory leather for some reason breathes better. I don't know for sure but figured Id rather be safe than sorry later on.
Fortunately I’m garaged and in SoCal so rain is a non-issue. Mine will be covered in canvas in summer anyway (UV + Dogs + leather gets hot in the sun anyway) and then I’ll pull the leather out in the winter for nice heated seats when the hardtop goes back on.

lrtexasman

Black Diamond
First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 BL traded for 23 Tundra waiting on BD Order
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Keep us in the loop. I’ve put it in two trucks and was very happy with both applications. I went to a local installer and had it done both times for under $1200.

casbar

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'14 Tacoma, '17 Indian Scout
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I'm getting katzkins. Ups the value in any vehicle. Do them yourself and do them right. Makes it worth that much more.

Sponsored

RTLGarage

First Edition
First Name
AJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco (I also have a 1992 XLT)
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

I'm getting katzkins. Ups the value in any vehicle. Do them yourself and do them right. Makes it worth that much more.
Do tell more… I have 0 idea what you are talking about.

casbar

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'14 Tacoma, '17 Indian Scout
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Do tell more… I have 0 idea what you are talking about.
Leather seats that match your interior any way you want. Put them in yourself on a weekend. Your hands will hurt like hell but the finish job is amazing. Custom seats that look as good or better than a dealer can give you.

RTLGarage

First Edition
First Name
AJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco (I also have a 1992 XLT)
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Leather seats that match your interior any way you want. Put them in yourself on a weekend. Your hands will hurt like hell but the finish job is amazing. Custom seats that look as good or better than a dealer can give you.
Hum… can I keep the old interior intact incase I sell? Of so.. I’m in. Can they add AC seats?

BossMann

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 Honda Pilot
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Aren’t all Katskins leather? The preproduction white/gray wasn’t leather…. Anyway. I’d be ’in’ in a minute for that interior.
Sponsored