Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'72 Rover, '85 CJ7, '98 TJ, '14 BRZ, '23 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Inside fuel door here.

Caveat: I didn’t “relocate” - I added it after the fact. Ordered from Ford and had the dealer install it so they can do the programming to activate it.

No cons. Save that I really never use it. I only got it for one specific scenario: tubing down the river so I could lock my keys inside the truck. And haven’t done that yet.

For day-to-day use….I really don’t have a need for it. But it was “free” using my rewards points so…..what the hell.
I'd like a fingerprint scanner version. I installed a fingerprint door lock on my house and love it. No more keys, remembering or punching in codes, or having to use/carry a phone/app. I just walk up to the door, and in seconds the door unlocks using a fingerprint.
Sponsored

Broncobren

Wildtrak
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
WT High Pkg MIC Mod Bumper
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I'd like a fingerprint scanner version. I installed a fingerprint door lock on my house and love it. No more keys, remembering or punching in codes, or having to use/carry a phone/app. I just walk up to the door, and in seconds the door unlocks using a fingerprint.
That’s be awesome until it was dirty, muddy, icy, snowy, wet or had bird crap on it.

OP
OP
STONEWALKER

STONEWALKER

Wildtrak
First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Wildtrak, 2020 VW Cross Sport
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

indio22

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'72 Rover, '85 CJ7, '98 TJ, '14 BRZ, '23 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
That’s be awesome until it was dirty, muddy, icy, snowy, wet or had bird crap on it.
Yeah I get that the scanner (and my finger lol) could be contaminated. But I'd still like the option. A lot of the time it would be useful and convenient.

Edit: Looks like Hyundai was planning on implementing fingerprint door unlock/starting. Possibly tied with auto adjusting seats etc for each driver, keyed to the fingerprint:
https://www.hyundai.news/eu/article...smart-fingerprint-technology-to-vehicles.html
Sponsored

Last edited: