First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ram 3500 Megacab 4x4
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
7 speed definitely cannot be remote started even with Ford Pass.
Sponsored

OP
OP
Jhuff

Jhuff

Badlands
First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Tacoma and DR650
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
You can get vehicle with and without a remote start.

Pretty sure you cannot get remote start with manual transmission though.
7 speed definitely cannot be remote started even with Ford Pass.
Correct, there is no factory option for remote start for manuals. There are aftermarket options that offer remote start options for manuals. They have fail-safes to prove neutral, but for anyone reading this with the same goals as me:

All of the MT systems do recommend against installing their kits in vehicles with soft or removable tops... Probably because IF your top is off or breached, there is the risk that an animal or person could bypass the fail-safes and put it in gear without the computer knowing. Personally, I would have no need to engage the remote start when the top is off (in good weather) so this isn't an issue for me.

remote start and remote keyless entry are 2 different things... the difference in the keypads has to do with remote keyless entry, not remote start, from what is posted here.
I am leaning towards your interpretation, but it's still confusing to me with some descriptions naming one as not compatible and other descriptions claiming the opposite. Probably simple errors.

I guess I will stick with the keypad on my order. If I somehow lose some functionality between the keypad and the aftermarket system, I can try the other version of the keypad and see what the difference is.

Tdifonzo

Badlands
First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Audi S3
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

When you remote start your vehicle some manufacturers have it set to where when you unlock the door the engine cuts off as a theft prevention. Not sure about Ford but this could be the reason for the 2 different keypads.

Or maybe one of the keypads lets you start the engine with a code? 🤔

JohnnyBronco

Outer Banks
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
X4
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

So I'm NOT crazy! Whew!

I think you guys might be on to the difference. IF Fords descriptions are accurate: one model says it isn't for factory remote start vehicles, but is compatible with "Ford remote start accessory"; and the second model says it can tune to your remote start fob frequency... for whatever reason.

Is there a way to "remote start" with the keypad? Maybe that's the difference? One is smart enough to work alongside the fob and one isn't?
If you get close enough to use keypad to start just get in and go
Sponsored