Hotpantz

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I'm trying to set the levels on an 8" Kicker highway sub. How does everyone have their gain/levels/etc. set? I listen to a little bit of everything, but mostly classic rock type stuff. 4 door OBX with the sub under the backseat, if that helps. Thanks in advance.
Sponsored

da_jokker

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JKUR
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Sorry can't help you with that, but I'm very interested in how it turns out. Did you leave the rest of the stereo stock?

For me, the stock stereo isn't the greatest, And it's a far cry from the Alpine system in my Wrangler, But it works. And I don't need to listen to stuff at volume 20.

But it's completely lacking the lower tones and I miss that. Was thinking that hideaway 8" would be the easiest way to get those back.

Jazer

Outer Banks
First Name
Jessica
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2.7 OBX
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I'm fairly happy with how I have mine setup but I know it's not perfectly tuned. I can take a photo of current settings to give you a base line but I am curious how other people have theirs set.

OP
OP
Hotpantz

Hotpantz

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Sorry can't help you with that, but I'm very interested in how it turns out. Did you leave the rest of the stereo stock?

For me, the stock stereo isn't the greatest, And it's a far cry from the Alpine system in my Wrangler, But it works. And I don't need to listen to stuff at volume 20.

But it's completely lacking the lower tones and I miss that. Was thinking that hideaway 8" would be the easiest way to get those back.
I was honestly losing sleep about the stereo in my OBX, as dumb as that sounds, lol. I was coming from a Tahoe with a nice upgraded stock Bose system, nothing crazy but it sounded great to me. I upgraded the dash and rear to Alpine Type S and Kicker KS in the kick panel. Still sounded horrible to me, I added the kicker key200 and it was improved, but still not to my liking. The lows were nonexistent to say the least. I put the hideaway under the back seat and it is so much better. I was a basshead in my teens (SPL competitions every weekend, put way more into my stereo than my vehicle was worth) and these days I just want sound quality. I'm less than $1k into my upgrade (bought all the pnp kits which was over $200 of the cost, but well worth it for the time and headache savings) and I'm finally "satisfied" and I'm done upgrading. At the very most I'll put another kicker hideaway in and that's about it, but one is good for me now, and a HUGE improvement over the stock setup. I really do recommend just adding the hideaway, best $300 upgrade in my opinion, the kicker key 200 would be next, although many can argue that that should be first.

OP
OP
Hotpantz

Hotpantz

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I'm fairly happy with how I have mine setup but I know it's not perfectly tuned. I can take a photo of current settings to give you a base line but I am curious how other people have theirs set.
Yes, a photo would be helpful, if tou get a chance. Thanks!

Sponsored
OP
OP
Hotpantz

Hotpantz

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Sorry to bother you, but were you able to check your amp settings. I'm overall happy with mine now, but curious how other people have theirs. Thanks.

da_jokker

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JKUR
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I'm trying to set the levels on an 8" Kicker highway sub. How does everyone have their gain/levels/etc. set? I listen to a little bit of everything, but mostly classic rock type stuff. 4 door OBX with the sub under the backseat, if that helps. Thanks in advance.
How did you run the speaker wires? Did you tap in under the radio, or in the kick panels? How did you get the one side wires across the Bronco to the other side to pair up with under the rear seat?

OP
OP
Hotpantz

Hotpantz

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
How did you run the speaker wires? Did you tap in under the radio, or in the kick panels? How did you get the one side wires across the Bronco to the other side to pair up with under the rear seat?
I bought the 11-2 kit from Plug N Play. Easiest way to do it, you don't have to run any additional wires to kick panel, etc. The PNP kits cost a little bit, but the time it saved me was 100% worth it. After it was all said and done, I wish I just would have gotten the full kit from PNP (wiring, speakers, amps) it's just a great setup that gets the job done.

F OR D

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BD Green Machine
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

i'll look tonight. super happy with the hs10, key, and replaced the speakers with polks. same deal listen mostly to metal but i have my moods.

ChrisB351

Black Diamond
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 2dr Bronco, 2005 ZX6r, 1993 Mustang GT
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Have a professional tune your amp. If you dont have it set right you will get distortion and thats what kills speakers quicker than anything. You may not hear it but the system will feel it.

Sponsored

Jazer

Outer Banks
First Name
Jessica
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2.7 OBX
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Sorry to bother you, but were you able to check your amp settings. I'm overall happy with mine now, but curious how other people have theirs. Thanks.
Nope I completely forgot, lol. Sorry. I was just thinking the other day I needed to adjust it some more though.

Mrigby002

Base
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Bump. I’m looking for the same answer too. How y’all set your gain?
Sponsored