Sponsored

KiCKER KEY 200.4 POWER ADAPTER PLUGS NOW INCLUDING POWER WIRE / GROUND WIRES WITH FUSES AND CONNECTORS .

plugnplaykits

Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Our power adapter kit is being sold for $30 and will now include the power adapter plug with 15 feet of 12 gauge power wire a ground wire with terminated connector and as well as a fuse holder with fuse and battery connector with butt connector .

Ford Bronco KiCKER KEY 200.4 POWER ADAPTER PLUGS NOW INCLUDING POWER WIRE / GROUND WIRES WITH FUSES AND CONNECTORS . D5F5C45E-1A0C-410A-B74C-7D4688D72C9B
Sponsored

BBSas

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Is the power adapter necessary? Iā€™ve read some use it and some donā€™t. Any advantage or disadvantage to using it?

OP
OP
plugnplaykits

plugnplaykits

Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Is the power adapter necessary? Iā€™ve read some use it and some donā€™t. Any advantage or disadvantage to using it?
I do recommend it if youā€™re gonna be running this amp at its full potential and Max all the time then you should run a direct wire to the battery to never starve this amp for voltage especially if youā€™re running this amp with an added subwoofer

etmccaus86

Base
First Name
Evan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 BaseSquatch
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I do recommend it if youā€™re gonna be running this amp at its full potential and Max all the time then you should run a direct wire to the battery to never starve this amp for voltage especially if youā€™re running this amp with an added subwoofer
@plugnplaykits Joe, can you help me determine what I need? Initially, I was eyeing your "11.2" kit with the amp, PNP harness, and the cable for running a powered sub. Does this adapter connect to/ work with your PNP harness somehow?

Last edited:

Barlos

Base
First Name
Carlos
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tahoe
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Our power adapter kit is being sold for $30 and will now include the power adapter plug with 15 feet of 12 gauge power wire a ground wire with terminated connector and as well as a fuse holder with fuse and battery connector with butt connector .

Ford Bronco KiCKER KEY 200.4 POWER ADAPTER PLUGS NOW INCLUDING POWER WIRE / GROUND WIRES WITH FUSES AND CONNECTORS . D5F5C45E-1A0C-410A-B74C-7D4688D72C9B
I have the first version of this kit where it gets power from the head unit. Can this be applied to it so I can go straight to the battery ?
if yes I need one ā˜šŸ™Œ
TIA

Sponsored

BBSas

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I received everything this week. I have your old style power adapter harness so I'll buy some wire and get that going. I was watching the install video you produced, any chance of getting the pdf version of the steps for installation that were used in the video?

OP
OP
plugnplaykits

plugnplaykits

Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
FORD BRONCO INTERIOR TRIM PANEL

OP
OP
plugnplaykits

plugnplaykits

Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Yes I can email you the PDF

OP
OP
plugnplaykits

plugnplaykits

Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I have the first version of this kit where it gets power from the head unit. Can this be applied to it so I can go straight to the battery ?
TIA
You can do either one all my harnesses are still made to run off the radio power pole with this pigtail adapter it enables you to run power and ground directly for those that want to have a direct hook up for the amp

OP
OP
plugnplaykits

plugnplaykits

Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
TIA
Yes

Sponsored

P_Baff

Badlands
First Name
Pierre
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'12 VW GTI & '21 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
*Edited for amp settings correction*
I got the power adapter kit and installed it yesterday. Redid the KEY setup and it made a HUGE difference. Things I suggest:

1.) Bi-Amp Mode OFF
2.) Fader ON
3.) Radio Detect Button -Verify Pushed In
4.) Speed Volume on Radio Disabled
5.) Level Out EQ on Radio
6.) Turn Gains All The Way Down
7.) Run KEY DSP Setup at Vol. Level 15

Viola! I used to only be able to hit Vol. 15 before clipping. It'll go to Vol. 22-23 now no problem.

Last edited:

BBSas

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Installed the key 200.4 today. Thanks to all the members here and plugnplaykits. I was able to install successfully!!!!!!!!

BBSas

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I got the power adapter kit and installed it yesterday. Redid the KEY setup and it made a HUGE difference. Things I suggest:

1.) Bi-Amp Mode OFF
2.) Fader OFF
6.) Run KEY DSP Setup at Vol. Level 15

Viola! I used to only be able to hit Vol. 15 before clipping. It'll go to Vol. 22-23 now no problem.
Did a reset followed your lead and agree- Big difference! Had to read the instructions to figure out what a gain setting is. The amp was set all the way down on mine from the factory. Thanks for your post.

redone17

Black Diamond
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco, 2020 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond

1.) Bi-Amp Mode OFF
2.) Fader OFF
7.) Run KEY DSP Setup at Vol. Level 15

Successful DSP Setup. I noticed you suggest Fader dip switch on OFF. Any particular reason? I followed your steps and Iā€™m extremely happy with the results. Do you turn Fader dip switch on after setup? Or leave it off? Does that render the Fader adjustments unusable from the touch screen?
Sponsored