First Name
JB
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Big Bend Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Hi all, I think I read this here but not sure. I installed the key 200.4 like a lot of folks. Went through the pink noise set up and everything passed but I still feel like there isn’t enough bass. I’m curious what folks set their gains too? Mine are basically straight up and down. I do have a powered sub on the way, which should solve a lot of the issue. Thanks for the help!
JB
Sponsored

RagnarKon

Badlands
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco, Escape, Focus
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

On my 200.4 the gain is at the lowest setting.

On the 500.1 that's feeding my subwoofer it's around the ~9:30 position.

22OBX

Outer Banks
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 F150 Lariat, '04 F150 Lariat, '73 F100 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Hi all, I think I read this here but not sure. I installed the key 200.4 like a lot of folks. Went through the pink noise set up and everything passed but I still feel like there isn’t enough bass. I’m curious what folks set their gains too? Mine are basically straight up and down. I do have a powered sub on the way, which should solve a lot of the issue. Thanks for the help!
JB
An amp isn’t going to add that much bass unless you have amp with a bass booster in which the key does not have. Even then any full range speaker will be limited in ability to produce real bass.. The key will only increase the volume and improve overall sound quality through the DSP. The only real way to improve bass is through a dedicated subwoofer and amplifier for sub.

KABQ

Base
First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'93 4Runner, '84 Vanagon, '93 Miata, '14 LittleGuy
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I installed a powered sub under the seat this weekend. That's the solution - it's night and day.

Since I already had the Key pnp wiring harness, Plug n Play Kits was able to send me just an adapter harness for the sub instead of having to purchase the whole kit. Install was super easy!

OP
OP
JB 208

JB 208

Big Bend
First Name
JB
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Big Bend Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
On my 200.4 the gain is at the lowest setting.

On the 500.1 that's feeding my subwoofer it's around the ~9:30 position.
Ok, thank you.
Sponsored