Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
68&69 Broncos, 21 AMB Base 2dr, 23 VB BL 4dr
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I know MT + Squatch and Modular Tops are Late Availability and I've read but cannot confirm Velocity Blue is too. What are all the things that could get your Bronco pushed back?
I don't understand why VB would be late availability. It's a paint they already make. Dump it in the hopper. Michigan isn't too far from me, I'll do it myself.

Hell, I was offered to do a little maintenance work tonight at "a Ford facility in Detroit". I could've swapped the paint after I was done working.

I get the feeling my OBX will be late as it's VB, V6, Lux, and shadow roof. All I need now is Sasquatch for the full "2023 or Bust" treatment
On another thread somebody said VB was LA and someone replied it wasn't. I did a search and couldn't find anything that obviously stated that so I just raised my hand to others in this community. I also don't see why it would be because I saw it on a Mustang and F150 recently. Overall the color schemes for this launch are underwhelming me.
A long long time ago, before B&P, before the initial reveal of the Bronco even, on a very different B6G ....... Velocity Blue was a LATE ADD to the color palette.

At that time, it was suggested ....by Ford....because they did not want to make promises they could not keep....that it MIGHT be a LATE AVAILABILITY because it was a LATE ADD , and that they were also pushing pretty hard to get it through on time for production.

LATER : Levine, whose word is FINAL as we all know.. :rolleyes: ... said it would be available on time for the first orders.

CURRENTLY :
VELOCITY BLUE is in full time use on the 2021* Ranger, which we all know is the same line the Bronco will be painted on.
* 2020 Rangers did not have Velocity Blue as an option, that should tell you something right there.
They had Lightning Blue ... the new (late add) FE color. Makes sense , right?

To the best of my knowledge, there has never been a Ford official stating VB has moved back into late availability.

To the best of my knowledge, every one of the 8,965,237 posts asking or stating VB is late availability are referencing posts that are AT LEAST 6 months old, as we knew the color palette and addition of Velocity Blue .... WELL BEFORE .... the initial BRONCO reveal.

....but the way shit has been going, I could be totally wrong, and that would be par for the course. ?

This is the best intel I have on VB and it is worth exactly as much as the paper it is printed on.
Your mileage may vary
etc
etc
Sponsored

Last edited:

The_Bronc

First Name
Ty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘15 Honda CRV
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Before VIN assignment, options can be changed. But the basic trim can't (i.e. 2-dr OBX --> 4-dr OBX). You also can't change actual trim levels (i.e. OBX --> Wildtrak).

Is this last part confirmed anywhere else? When I put my reservation in in JUL, I picked the BB. But looking at the build I got, I might as well go with the WT. was hoping I could change mine when it came to ordering.

ZackDanger

Badlands
First Name
Z
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Toyota 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Is this last part confirmed anywhere else? When I put my reservation in in JUL, I picked the BB. But looking at the build I got, I might as well go with the WT. was hoping I could change mine when it came to ordering.
You’re still good.

You can order whatever you want. That has nothing to do with your reservation.

The person you quoted was saying that once you place your order, it’s then that you can’t change trim or door count.

da_jokker

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JKUR
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Don't forget WT as well... I heard that and immediately had visions of a Jeep Rubicon.

The list he gave was..

2 Door, 2.7, Sasquatch, Lux, WT, Mod/Painted hard top, Dual tops.... don't know about the colors...didn't jot that down.

da_jokker

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JKUR
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I was reading the Q&A transcript from yesterday and the one thing I didn't like is you can modify your build with the dealer before production starts but only if it's to delete a high demand option which for me is the 2.7.
I think he said Ford HOPES it would be limited to only removing items, because other changes basically messes with the scheduling.

Sponsored

da_jokker

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JKUR
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

WT was on the chopping block as well my friend.

Carolina Jim

Black Diamond
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco 2-door
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
The list he gave was....Mod/Painted hard top
I'm wondering if the MOD top avail will be due more to Webasto's product OR Ford just wanting the assembly line to gel and up-tempo after the first 4-6 weeks. In fact I think Ford's statement about tops referenced that.

Of course, if they've got serious structural/leak issues, shit - it could be REALLY late avail.

Used2jeep

Banned
Black Diamond
Banned
Banned
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Crown Vic P71
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Everything. Literally everything. Except for the steering wheel. Everything else though. Yep.
Hehe, just wait for when they ALL get delayed by Takeda!

Used2jeep

Banned
Black Diamond
Banned
Banned
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Crown Vic P71
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Of course, if they've got serious structural/leak issues, shit - it could be REALLY late avail.
If there are structural top issues I would wonder if it could be due to engineering issues based on not being allowed to weigh too much. GVWR strikes again!

EDIT - spelling change

Last edited:

Used2jeep

Banned
Black Diamond
Banned
Banned
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Crown Vic P71
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I was reading the Q&A transcript from yesterday and the one thing I didn't like is you can modify your build with the dealer before production starts but only if it's to delete a high demand option which for me is the 2.7.
I might tread that because I recall Ford saying the "ask" that you would only delete items. Not necessarily a forced item.

Sponsored

Used2jeep

Banned
Black Diamond
Banned
Banned
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Crown Vic P71
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Seethesvt

Badlands
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 f150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Unlike the rest of you...

A couple months after I made my reservation I found out I was married to a soulless cheating bitch.... So now I'm stuck with 24 more months of payments on an Audi lease I had gotten her, which has me hoping to order whatever I can to delay my delivery as long as possible.
Sponsored