First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 Jeep Liberty, 2013 Ford Fusion Titanium
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
As a day 3 reservation, I realize I may be looking at my22 anyway, but I do hold out hope for an October delivery. Have a late October vacation planned that would be greatly enhanced by a shiny new Bronco.

Can you change to order code 99 at any time? I’m thinking if I don’t receive my Bronco by then, I may as well wait until my22 for expected new colors, white hard tops, etc.
Sponsored

Compta38

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I'm curious on this as well considering Sasquatch take rate and commodities issues. I don't want a December MY21 when I can get a Jan MY22.

Drex

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'13 SLK55 AMG, '15 Indian Chief, '15 WRX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
It will be an interesting time; at some point with a month or two left of production for the 2021's, there will be a large rush as people demand their dealers code 99 them so they don't get caught with a '21 build at the tail end. A bunch of people may get pushed up (maybe dealers will get a whole lot of stock, further fueling angst among some folks here.) There will be arguments about if those folks who late code will be pushed into second quarter 2022 or if they can count in the first quarter because if they voluntarily move to a 2022, early timestamps will seem hypocritical. Will they lose price protections, stuff like that. I have not seen a definitive answer (I asked a long time ago and have seen others do so with no answer to my knowledge), but if they can, I would not wait until the last moment (or month) as Ford seemingly changes the process at their whim. Wait and see what information, if any... comes from Ford at the end of May and then see where you are at. I doubt Ford will lock you into a '21 at that point, they claim to expect people to change options if I recall correctly (making the May predictions a bit shaky) after those estimates come out, but acting fairly quickly after that might be your best bet. (or might screw you over, no way to guess what Ford will do) It will be a gut call.

dingle87

Black Diamond
First Name
Reese
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Explorer XLT
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

It will be an interesting time; at some point with a month or two left of production for the 2021's, there will be a large rush as people demand their dealers code 99 them so they don't get caught with a '21 build at the tail end. A bunch of people may get pushed up (maybe dealers will get a whole lot of stock, further fueling angst among some folks here.) There will be arguments about if those folks who late code will be pushed into second quarter 2022 or if they can count in the first quarter because if they voluntarily move to a 2022, early timestamps will seem hypocritical. Will they lose price protections, stuff like that. I have not seen a definitive answer (I asked a long time ago and have seen others do so with no answer to my knowledge), but if they can, I would not wait until the last moment (or month) as Ford seemingly changes the process at their whim. Wait and see what information, if any... comes from Ford at the end of May and then see where you are at. I doubt Ford will lock you into a '21 at that point, they claim to expect people to change options if I recall correctly (making the May predictions a bit shaky) after those estimates come out, but acting fairly quickly after that might be your best bet. (or might screw you over, no way to guess what Ford will do) It will be a gut call.
I'm not sure that'd be possible, but I'm not sure how the scheduling works long-term. I wonder if they start scheduling further out after they get into this a bit more. They might have the whole year scheduled out by late summer. In that case, there wouldn't be a choice for those at the end of MY21.

Who knows how it shakes out. Patience in this process will win the day though.

Sponsored

Bullitt

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco, 2001 Bullitt Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I think it's best to address this question in May when we receive "the email" from Ford as to when it's likely to be built.

OP
OP
Baddie64

Baddie64

Badlands
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
[/QUOTE]
I know this is the right answer, but I struggle.

dingle87

Black Diamond
First Name
Reese
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Explorer XLT
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I know this is the right answer, but I struggle.
[/QUOTE]
You aren't alone.

OP
OP
Baddie64

Baddie64

Badlands
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
If I can get a Bronco as shown, then sure. But that would mean MY21. I’m ready to take delivery. Don’t know what you mean about waiting to MY23, and what in your opinion is a “fad” vehicle?
Sponsored