Lou
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1990 Ford Bronco Eddie Bauer
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Some dealers do nickle n dime for wear n tear, especially if you go with another brand after you turn in your lease. If you buy it out, wear n tear doesn't matter. Repairs/oil changes aren't covered unless you buy " the plan". I sold cars for yrs, some guys are good some suck!
Sponsored

Jr87mustang

Black Diamond
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Expedition, 1987 5.0 GT Convert
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Those lease numbers (and the default financing ones) in the build in price are atrocious. If they are much improved when it comes time to sign, I'd consider it. Otherwise, no chance.
The lease rates are bad. I am someone that usually leases and I definitely want to lease a first year Bronco (with the intent to keep it forever if its good). I am very worried that Ford is intentionally inflating the lease rates at the moment and will continue to do so to rake in more cash. Even the F-150 and Expedition rates are terrible. I don't expect fire sale rates but they are too high for what the market (interest wise) is doing.

Another thing I do not understand is the residual rates they are using. Lower trims have a higher rate and that is not normally the case from what I have seen. I would pay less up front for a BD than for a BL or WT because the residuals are 2-3% more.

69 Mach I

Big Bend
First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 F-150, '87 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Several years ago I leased a Toyota for 2 year term. At end of lease it had minimal wear and tear and I decided to turn it into dealer and lease another Toyota. Everything was "well and good" and I honestly don't even think the salesman/dealership went outside to look at the car I was turning in. When lease was up on the second vehicle, my transportation needs had changed and I no longer needed an extra vehicle. I just wanted to turn in the vehicle, pay my termination fee, and walk away. Needless to say, the entire attitude of the dealership/salesman had a different feel. Within a few weeks I got a bill from Toyota for several hundred dollars for repairs to rock chips and dings! I pleaded my case and even requested pictures of the "damaged" areas.....which I never received. This second vehicle had comparable normal wear and tear just as the first leased vehicle did.
I'm not sure if this is common practice for leased vehicles, shady business on the dealers part, or even on Toyota's part. I bet had I leased/purchased another Toyota, nothing would have ever been said about the normal wear and tear. Just something to keep in mind about leasing. If you intend to purchase vehicle at end of lease, this wouldn't be an issue.

stratego

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tesla M3
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
So, when one goes to turn in their lease, will wear/damage be looked at differently depending on whether they’re staying with the brand or not?
The dealer you turn it into doesn't pay for the damage themselves, and if they don't make a big deal of it, they might get a sale. In theory there might be retribution, but generally no.

Obviously if the front end is crumpled in you are going to pay, but a few dings/scratches are absolutely deniable to the dealer and they have every incentive to play ball.
Sponsored