Sponsored

Leaving this here if anyone in DFW needs paint correction.

Amcole1984

Big Bend
First Name
Amber
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 2 door Bronco Big Bend
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Came out to my truck this morning and my hood looked like cats had a fight club on it. Deep claw marks all over it. Hundreds of them. We have feral cats in the neighborhood and they are a huge nuisance. Anyway I found this guy on google. He responded within a few minutes. Was able to do same day service and spent 2 hours working on my hood all for $50. He did an excellent job. Looks brand new. I was for sure some of the scratches were too deep to fix, but he was able to do it. Just wanted to show him some love and leave his info here incase someone in the area needed it. Side note.... Anyone have any sure fire ways to keep feral cats off your property? My boys have even gone as far as shooting them with air rifles, but it almost seems like we get rid of one and 2 more appear. I HATE them.

Detailer link
https://www.adriansautodetailing.com/
Sponsored

Last edited:

MadMan4BamaNATL

Badlands
First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco 2DR Badlands Sasquatch, 2021 RR Sport
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Don’t shoot cats man, that’s evil. Just call animal control.

Unless you see down to the metal, there isn’t much a good wash, compound polish, clay bar or Nanoskin, and a buffer can’t get out.

Try adding a sealant, wax, or ceramic to that hood to protect for the future.

And don’t have your boys killing animals like that; usually psychopathic behavior and we’ve got enough of them already, ;)

OP
OP
Amcole1984

Amcole1984

Big Bend
First Name
Amber
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Lol! The city animal control said to shoot them. They won't do anything about them. They claw our cars, pee on everything and kill our chickens. We've tried trapping them, but can't catch them. Not many choices left if you don't want everything you own destroyed by cats. There are so many!

MadMan4BamaNATL

Badlands
First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco 2DR Badlands Sasquatch, 2021 RR Sport
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Well, if animal control said to shoot them, then blast away my friend! My issue is usually rabbits, but can’t shoot them in the city, damn Georgia.

All vermin’s were fair game in good ole Alabama; no place like home I tell ya.

Tex

Wildtrak
First Name
Cliff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

You might run across the suggestion of leaving antifreeze out to get rid of cats, but don't...it's an excruciatingly painful way to die and it's better to just get it done quickly. I understand the frustration and believe me sometimes wish I had it in me with some of the cats I get around here, but even they don't deserve that. Are you baiting your traps and checking them often? Don't leave a cat in there for long as it'll make the rest of them trap shy. Don't kill in the traps. Move your traps around to other places occasionally, find some good places for them that a cat will feel safe (able to see around and run off but away from human activity). Trapping poses its own problems, as you'll have to kill the cat one way or another...you can do it yourself or bring it to animal control and have them euthanize it, but at least you'll be able to tell if they have a collar (or chip if you bring it in) before doing so. Nothing worse than the thought of killing a family pet that people are looking for.

Shooting is always an option if trapping really doesn't work, baiting and whatnot is perfectly acceptable for a nuisance animal. Electro-optics are your best bet as cats are crepuscular predators and often hunt at night, so thermal or night vision on a rifle and some time spent on a rooftop will be a great help. Some affordable stuff in that category these days, it doesn't need to be top dollar stuff unless you want it to be. A .22LR with a silencer and subsonic ammo is quiet enough that you might get multiple cats before they spook. Watched a video on Aussie cat hunters a while back, might get some tips from them as cats are really high on their depredation radar...they're solely responsible for the endangered status of a lot of indigenous animals over there (here too actually, and the extinction of several species across the globe). Even non-feral cats that come in at night are extremely harmful to local wildlife.

For anyone that doesn't like the thought of killing cats...if you love your cats, keep them inside. It's safer for them and for the wildlife in the area. If you think it's okay to let them come and go, as cats do, expect them to be killed on someone else's property that doesn't agree with your viewpoints. Expect your friend to be hit by a car, eaten by a dog or coyote, or catch rabies and other diseases to bring into your home and the rest of your pets. It's just better for everyone that a cat stays indoors.

Sponsored
OP
OP
Amcole1984

Amcole1984

Big Bend
First Name
Amber
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

You might run across the suggestion of leaving antifreeze out to get rid of cats, but don't...it's an excruciatingly painful way to die and it's better to just get it done quickly. I understand the frustration and believe me sometimes wish I had it in me with some of the cats I get around here, but even they don't deserve that. Are you baiting your traps and checking them often? Don't leave a cat in there for long as it'll make the rest of them trap shy. Don't kill in the traps. Move your traps around to other places occasionally, find some good places for them that a cat will feel safe (able to see around and run off but away from human activity). Trapping poses its own problems, as you'll have to kill the cat one way or another...you can do it yourself or bring it to animal control and have them euthanize it, but at least you'll be able to tell if they have a collar (or chip if you bring it in) before doing so. Nothing worse than the thought of killing a family pet that people are looking for.

Shooting is always an option if trapping really doesn't work, baiting and whatnot is perfectly acceptable for a nuisance animal. Electro-optics are your best bet as cats are crepuscular predators and often hunt at night, so thermal or night vision on a rifle and some time spent on a rooftop will be a great help. Some affordable stuff in that category these days, it doesn't need to be top dollar stuff unless you want it to be. A .22LR with a silencer and subsonic ammo is quiet enough that you might get multiple cats before they spook. Watched a video on Aussie cat hunters a while back, might get some tips from them as cats are really high on their depredation radar...they're solely responsible for the endangered status of a lot of indigenous animals over there (here too actually, and the extinction of several species across the globe). Even non-feral cats that come in at night are extremely harmful to local wildlife.

For anyone that doesn't like the thought of killing cats...if you love your cats, keep them inside. It's safer for them and for the wildlife in the area. If you think it's okay to let them come and go, as cats do, expect them to be killed on someone else's property that doesn't agree with your viewpoints. Expect your friend to be hit by a car, eaten by a dog or coyote, or catch rabies and other diseases to bring into your home and the rest of your pets. It's just better for everyone that a cat stays indoors.
Amen! And yes, we bait the traps. In 6 years, never caught a single cat, but plenty of squirell, possum, and armadillo. The cat problem is so bad even our neighbors buy us the pellets to shoot them. And by saying that my boys shoot them, I mean my husband and my adult son. Lol, no children in my house. I don't like the thought of killing something either, but they are a HUGE problem and they multiply like crazy!

MannyG20

Badlands
First Name
Ted
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

We have dealt with feral cats for 20+ years. You will never get rid of them. You have to find a balance. We trap and neuter any cat that shows up. Once neutered they do calm down - not entirely but enough to live with. The neutered cats will generally keep more strays away but again not entirely.
good luck and thanks for info on the paint guy.

OP
OP
Amcole1984

Amcole1984

Big Bend
First Name
Amber
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

We have dealt with feral cats for 20+ years. You will never get rid of them. You have to find a balance. We trap and neuter any cat that shows up. Once neutered they do calm down - not entirely but enough to live with. The neutered cats will generally keep more strays away but again not entirely.
good luck and thanks for info on the paint guy.
How do you trap them. We have caught everything in our traps except the cats. They are too smart for them.

MannyG20

Badlands
First Name
Ted
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

One trick we do is place chicken in the trap but tie up the door so the cat can go in and out without tripping the trap. Let them get used to it and the free food. Once you see the cats going in to get the food set the trap. You. Can use a game cam to see what goes in at night. We have also caught our fair share of possums and raccoons. Thankfully we have never caught a skunk.

OP
OP
Amcole1984

Amcole1984

Big Bend
First Name
Amber
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

One trick we do is place chicken in the trap but tie up the door so the cat can go in and out without tripping the trap. Let them get used to it and the free food. Once you see the cats going in to get the food set the trap. You. Can use a game cam to see what goes in at night. We have also caught our fair share of possums and raccoons. Thankfully we have never caught a skunk.
That's a good idea! Thanks!
Sponsored