Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4D Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Hey guys,

I love my Non-Sas Badlands, however admittedly I do have a little fomo when I drive by a Sas varient - even Wildtrak from the overall stalkier look / stance.

This leads me to ponder.... What would best help with attaining a modest improvement with increased height / stance ? Is it a lift, tires, shocks, coilovers , all of the above, etc ? I don't want anything crazy. I'd be happy with a little more height / bit less squat ( particularly rear ). I also don't want to be anywhere near worried about garage clearance. Full transparency, I'm not offroad much outside of taking her on the beach on weekends, so I absolutely do not need/want anything over-the-top intense. Just more inline with Sas / Wildtrak without compromising ride comfort. Can anyone help advise / recommend where to start ?

I realize there is a fair amount of threads which has sampling of information on this topic which im wading through now, however any pointers / recommendations that will help expedite sifting through more threads, would be appreciated !

Thanks guys !
Sponsored

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
The cheapest option is to get a 1” front level like the Zone Off Road kit. These are typically under $100 and can be done in your garage with the proper tools or by a shop in 1-2 hours.

The easiest option is to install bigger tires without a lift. The Badlands comes with 285/70r17 (33”) tires and 8” wide wheels with a +55mm offset. You can install a 285/75r17 (34”) or 35x11.5r17 without any issues besides possibly needing to remove the crash bars for the 35s. 35x12.5 or 315/70 are very popular, but will require a wheel spacer or aftermarket wheel due to the increased width.

The “fakesquatch” is common on here among people that went non-sas to get their Bronco sooner and is combination of the above, a lift/level and 35s. This involves a 2” front spacer and 1” rear to raise the rear to Sasquatch height and level the truck. These are typically around $200 and require 2-3 hours of labor.

A strut spacer like mentioned above will not improve off road performance beyond the increased ground clearance, suspension travel will remain the same. Since you have the Bilstein shocks, you can install the Sasquatch or Eibach springs to lift your Bronco for improved performance.

OP
OP
Blu6GBronco

Blu6GBronco

Badlands
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4D Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
The cheapest option is to get a 1” front level like the Zone Off Road kit. These are typically under $100 and can be done in your garage with the proper tools or by a shop in 1-2 hours.

The easiest option is to install bigger tires without a lift. The Badlands comes with 285/70r17 (33”) tires and 8” wide wheels with a +55mm offset. You can install a 285/75r17 (34”) or 35x11.5r17 without any issues besides possibly needing to remove the crash bars for the 35s. 35x12.5 or 315/70 are very popular, but will require a wheel spacer or aftermarket wheel due to the increased width.

The “fakesquatch” is common on here among people that went non-sas to get their Bronco sooner and is combination of the above, a lift/level and 35s. This involves a 2” front spacer and 1” rear to raise the rear to Sasquatch height and level the truck. These are typically around $200 and require 2-3 hours of labor.

A strut spacer like mentioned above will not improve off road performance beyond the increased ground clearance, suspension travel will remain the same. Since you have the Bilstein shocks, you can install the Sasquatch or Eibach springs to lift your Bronco for improved performance.
Ahhh.... Interesting. Thank you for chiming and helping point me in the right direction(s) depending on which option to go.

I honestly love the optional beadlock rims I got with the Bronc, so if I could acheive slight height gain with the larger tires, while keeping the rims and possibly not having to delete the crash bars, that is an appealing option.

As per your last "fakesquatch" option... Curious you mention a 2" front spacer and 1" rear spacer. Why 1" less in the rear ? I honestly don't notice the front looking "squaty" , rather the rear is the side that it's more noticable to me. Would't this raise the front higher than the rear at that point ? Forgive the dumb questions. Just trying to get up to speed on understanding situation / logistics. Thanks

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Ahhh.... Interesting. Thank you for chiming and helping point me in the right direction(s) depending on which option to go.

I honestly love the optional beadlock rims I got with the Bronc, so if I could acheive slight height gain with the larger tires, while keeping the rims and possibly not having to delete the crash bars, that is an appealing option.

As per your last "fakesquatch" option... Curious you mention a 2" front spacer and 1" rear spacer. Why 1" less in the rear ? I honestly don't notice the front looking "squaty" , rather the rear is the side that it's more noticable to me. Would't this raise the front higher than the rear at that point ? Forgive the dumb questions. Just trying to get up to speed on understanding situation / logistics. Thanks
No problem. I did a lot of research while waiting for my Bronco, so I’m happy to help.

The Bronco comes with a 1” rake from the factory, so many Bronco owners put a 1” spacer on the front to raise the front to the same height as the rear. The 2” front/1” rear spacer kit brings the rear to Sasquatch level while bringing the front up to the rear Sasquatch level as well, so the front is actually 1” higher than a non-leveled Sasquatch front end with these kits and gives the look of a levelled truck.

if you don’t mind the rake, I would just do tires since you have the Bilstein shocks. 285/75r17 won’t require any further changes. 35x11.5 may require the crash bars to come out, but you can buy slim crash bars like I did from 4 wheel parts (I have 33s, but found the stock crash bars to look unfinished). If you want a close comparison to Sasquatch on a budget and as easily as possible, I would do the 34s and 1” level kit.

This video shows exactly that setup:

OP
OP
Blu6GBronco

Blu6GBronco

Badlands
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4D Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
No problem. I did a lot of research while waiting for my Bronco, so I’m happy to help.

The Bronco comes with a 1” rake from the factory, so many Bronco owners put a 1” spacer on the front to raise the front to the same height as the rear. The 2” front/1” rear spacer kit brings the rear to Sasquatch level while bringing the front up to the rear Sasquatch level as well, so the front is actually 1” higher than a non-leveled Sasquatch front end with these kits and gives the look of a levelled truck.

if you don’t mind the rake, I would just do tires since you have the Bilstein shocks. 285/75r17 won’t require any further changes. 35x11.5 may require the crash bars to come out, but you can buy slim crash bars like I did from 4 wheel parts (I have 33s, but found the stock crash bars to look unfinished). If you want a close comparison to Sasquatch on a budget and as easily as possible, I would do the 34s and 1” level kit.

Awesome. Thanks for taking the time explaining as well as the linked video. So I take it the 1" leveling kit comes with the components to raise the front 1" as well as the components to raise the rear 1" ? Also, sounds like this is pretty simple to do at home garage? I've worked on hot rods since I could hold a wrench, but I've honestly never lifted a truck. Easy peasy? Thanks

Sponsored
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Awesome. Thanks for taking the time explaining as well as the linked video. So I take it the 1" leveling kit comes with the components to raise the front 1" as well as the components to raise the rear 1" ? Also, sounds like this is pretty simple to do at home garage? I've worked on hot rods since I could hold a wrench, but I've honestly never lifted a truck. Easy peasy? Thanks
The 1” level raises the front only so that the front is level with the rear. If you are mechanically inclined and have a high enough powered impact driver to drop the front strut, it is possible to do it at home.

This video shows it on a Badlands non-Sas (0.6” higher front and rear than base stock):

Beach_Bum

Black Diamond
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Black Diamond Bronco, 2023 Outerbanks Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

If you are set on keeping crash bars, then go with the high clearance crash bars mentioned above. Ignore the catalog listing referring to it as a "leveling" kit. They are just the crash bars.

If you are keeping the +55 offset wheels, you can still go tall with "pizza cutters" such as Mickey T Baja Boss 255/85R17.

OP
OP
Blu6GBronco

Blu6GBronco

Badlands
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4D Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
The 1” level raises the front only so that the front is level with the rear. If you are mechanically inclined and have a high enough powered impact driver to drop the front strut, it is possible to do it at home.

This video shows it on a Badlands non-Sas (0.6” higher front and rear than base stock):

Very cool video ! Doesn't look terrible. Which slim crash bars did you end up going with on your Bronco?

Thanks again.

OP
OP
Blu6GBronco

Blu6GBronco

Badlands
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4D Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

Sponsored
OP
OP
Blu6GBronco

Blu6GBronco

Badlands
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4D Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
You guys rock. Thank you very much !

Benallen6

Base
First Name
Benjamin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Eruption Green 2 Door Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base

For a base bronco do you recommend the same? Not sure If I have the same shocks and whatnot as a badlands. What do you think is the best looking lift height with 35's?
Sponsored