First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Hey everyone. I've looked for similar conversations to this, but nothing that hits the mark. So here's the situation . . . I have a buddy with a 4-door Wildtrak with the Sasquatch package. He's getting ready to upgrade to 37's and different suspension. With that, he's offered to sell me his 35" Goodyears and the Fox suspension that it came with. My question is whether that combo will work with my 2-door non-squatch Badlands or not and if I need to buy new wheels to carry those tires too? Any info or forum redirects would be appreciated.
Sponsored

Last edited:

coadr

Badlands
First Name
Coady
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Non-Sasquatch Badlands comes with the same suspension (HOSS 2.0, Bilstein) as a Sasquatch Badlands, just minus a ~1" lift to accommodate the 35s. While the HOSS 3.0 Fox shocks from the Wildtrak will bolt on, I think the spring rates from a four door to a two door will make the ride pretty awful, maybe even borderline unsafe since the sprung weight will be so different. Definite green light on the tires, but not confident about the suspension.

IwannaGOfast

Badlands
First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1991 Ranger Long Travel, 2014 Cruze Commuter
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
You can always buy springs that are for A 2 door wildtrak. Or better yet try the 4 door springs first to see what you think. Change them out if you think they’re too stiff. A lot of aftermarket coilovers only come with one spring and don’t have a 2/4 door option, so I can’t imagine it being too much of a difference. Plus if you plan to add a aftermarket bumper or winch you already have a heavier spring and won’t need to change.

https://www.bronco6g.com/forum/threads/hoss-3-0-part-numbers-cost

OP
OP

Tears5150

Badlands
First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Thanks guys. That feedback is super helpful. If either of you were going to replace 33's with 35's, would you put them on new wheels or stick with the stockers. I kinda like 'em and would prefer not to spend $2K on new ones. On that same note, if you were to put on 35's, what suspension kit/lift would you recommend I consider?

IwannaGOfast

Badlands
First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1991 Ranger Long Travel, 2014 Cruze Commuter
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
In order to stick with the stock badlands wheels (+55 offset) you will need to run a narrow tire. The Sasquatch goodyears will hit the upper control arm I believe. If you ran the factory wheels and 33” big all terrains you currently have it won’t look bad at all. I vote you keep running those as long as you are happy with them.

Badlands with Eibach coils (about 1.75" lift) and stock wheels/tires

Ford Bronco Wildtrak SAS suspension on non-SAS Badlands Compress_20230129_234037_7429

Ford Bronco Wildtrak SAS suspension on non-SAS Badlands Compress_20230129_231036_6006

Sponsored

coadr

Badlands
First Name
Coady
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Maybe see if you could pick up a set of Sasquatch wheels for cheap from someone else offloading them. I see sets of 5 listed here in Colorado for between $500 and $1000. Regardless, would need +30 offset to fit the takeoff Goodyears as GOfast mentioned.

Unfortunately I can't speak much to lift kit recommendations as I've got the Sasquatch package so haven't looked into it. Thinking of going with Fox 2.5s once my warranty expires in 18 months, but lots of time between now and then.

ZapMflash

Base
First Name
jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Base(ish)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I just installed the Wildtrak wheels and tires and 3.0 Fox struts on my Base. They bolt right on with no issues. Mine came off a 4 door and they feel great on my Bronco. I'm a little heavier than stock with my winch and loaded up with recovery gear. If he's giving you a reasonable price jump on it, you won't regret it.

PXL_20231105_182028286.jpg

PWillette

Badlands
First Name
Parrie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'08 F250 Super Duty, '01 SS Camaro, '21 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Thanks guys. That feedback is super helpful. If either of you were going to replace 33's with 35's, would you put them on new wheels or stick with the stockers. I kinda like 'em and would prefer not to spend $2K on new ones. On that same note, if you were to put on 35's, what suspension kit/lift would you recommend I consider?
Prior to jumping to 37s I ran 35 x 10.5s on my OEM non-sas +55 wheels and non-sas suspension with no issues. You don't need a lift to run 35s, just pull the crash bars.

If you want to run a 35 x 12.50 tire you could add a 1" spacer to get away from potential UCA rub.

BlueBronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 F150 KR - '21 BL - 23' OBX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
If the price is right, run it. The springs may be stiff but "unsafe" is a bit of a stretch. If it rides to harsh, swap out the springs.

As far as keeping your stock BL wheels, you will need a 1" spacer to make-up the difference in offset if you want to run 315's and to prevent rubbing. Buy a quality set from Bora or similar and follow the install instructions.

F OR D

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BD Green Machine
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Non-Sasquatch Badlands comes with the same suspension (HOSS 2.0, Bilstein) as a Sasquatch Badlands, just minus a ~1" lift to accommodate the 35s. While the HOSS 3.0 Fox shocks from the Wildtrak will bolt on, I think the spring rates from a four door to a two door will make the ride pretty awful, maybe even borderline unsafe since the sprung weight will be so different. Definite green light on the tires, but not confident about the suspension.
OP just needs to do the math. There is a weight chart that outlines the 2/4D, MT/AT, 2.3/7, etc. Also some great threads here on this exact topic.

I actually added 4d bils on my 2d. I also did upgrades to compensate for some of the weight difference. Great upgrade and if done correctly can also be used to level the bronco too ;)

Sponsored

Tricky Mike

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I have 4dr V6 springs on my 2dr L4 and it stiffened up the ride a bit. I liked it at first but I'm ready to try something different.

Other than being a bit stiffer, his takeoffs will bolt right up. Your stock wheels are juuust wide enough for 315s if you want to keep them but you'll want to add 1" spacers.

First Name
Wyatt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco black diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Reviving this older thread but i just purchased some bilsteins and the SAS Beadlock wheels from a guy that upgraded his wildtrak. I currently have a non sas Black diamond. Will this work for my rig or do i need to get any other parts?
Sponsored