Sponsored

License plate plugs…for 2021 Ford colors?

OP
OP
jaruss01

jaruss01

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 XC90 T6 R-Design / 2020 S60 T6 AWD
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Maybe I’ll leave alone or fill and paint. Not sure which is the better of the two since touch up paint and AMB kind of scares me. If I keep getting tickets I could always put it back on but then again I probably would install in a different location. So maybe I’ll fill it when I have more confidence. It’s simply too new right now to be taking razor blades and messing around with impossible to match touch up paint.

if I had a light color this would have driven me crazy though

could barely tell on mine. Since it’s on a downward slant, it’s kind of out of your periphery when you’re close to the vehicle. It does start to come into your periphery when you step back, at which point it’s harder to tell since you’re further away. Kind of a win win lol

Ford Bronco License plate plugs…for 2021 Ford colors? 2E606388-D968-45C7-A079-07B1748DC50A

Ford Bronco License plate plugs…for 2021 Ford colors? 6B5967A3-FCB2-404D-A5ED-D7931292E473
Sponsored

timgarrett

Outer Banks
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1997 F-250
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

jaruss - sorry they did that to you. I told my dealer in advance and on the day it was delivered (before I could get there for purchase) not to install front plate. They did anyway and I complained. They actually patched the holes and painted for me in their body shop a few days later. Did a great job and you can't even tell it had holes. Maybe try that?

OP
OP
jaruss01

jaruss01

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 XC90 T6 R-Design / 2020 S60 T6 AWD
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
@timgarrett

That's a good idea. I should probably put it on them. Was it quick (to the point that you were able to sit and wait) or was it a drop off and pick up a day later type of thing?

DUSTYcazOREGON

Black Diamond
First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Tremor/2022 Bronco/2006 Dodge Charger
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

My dealer says they come in the Bronco when it arrives and the dealership installs them. My friend got her Bronco yesterday without it installed. Just make sure your dealer doesn’t install it.
That is what I am being told as well.

Panaran

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CX5
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
There is a gentleman on the Mach E forum that paints those black plugs to fill the license plate holes. I can find out if he is still making them.

Ford Bronco License plate plugs…for 2021 Ford colors? 6B5967A3-FCB2-404D-A5ED-D7931292E473
I'd honestly rather have the holes personally, those stick out too much. What if you taped over the holes, cut out the hole with an xacto knife, and then bondo'd the holes, then painted the bondo? might come out a little better

Sponsored

timgarrett

Outer Banks
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1997 F-250
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

@timgarrett

That's a good idea. I should probably put it on them. Was it quick (to the point that you were able to sit and wait) or was it a drop off and pick up a day later type of thing?
I dropped it off around 9 in the morning and picked it up at 5 same day. I had to schedule it but only took a few days for that. Was a really quick job and looks great.

tjnoffy

Outer Banks
First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Bronco OBX Sas, '05 Mustang GT Conv, 2 Harleys
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
YES....I WOULD LIKE CONFIRMATION ON THIS ALSO! Are these installed at the factory or at the Dealer. My Dealer says they are tossed in the vehicles and the Dealers install them. Another Dealer on-line was arguing that they come from the factory that way. Can we get a REAL ANSWER on this. I have it in my contract to not install the OEM front bracket as I have an aftermarket one ordered. IF it does come drilled from the factory....I might as well cancel the aftermarket order.
They come uninstalled. Some states don't require front plates, which is probably why. I had my dealer not install it, and she pulled it from the Bronco before it even left the delivery truck at the dealership so that there were no mistakes.
Sponsored