Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 2-dr Badsquatch, 1998 Land Cruiser
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

After about a 3 month backorder - mine finally came in.
LB2.jpg
Oooh really like the size and look of yours! What brand/model? Using brackets that came with it or sourced elsewhere??

wcmaness

Outer Banks
First Name
Wesly
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Bronco OBX; '11 Armada; '02 Tahoe Z71; '91 XJ6
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

The mounts are made by Rigid: Part # 46725 - made specifically for the roof rack mount on the Bronco. The light bar is an old Shanren 42" curved 240w LED which I bought in 2016 for my Tahoe.

Bronco-420

Badlands
First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Here's a better pic of the rigid bar with rigid roof rack bracket

20220213_120717.jpg
Gary, 99% sure this is what I want but how hard is it to take the rack and lights off? Does it disconnect in some way, shape or form? We will most likely live the rack on most of the time but I know the wife will want to remove the top when summer rolls around and that could be problematic.

Thanks!

Gary5393

Badlands
First Name
GARRETT
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Kia soul
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Gary, 99% sure this is what I want but how hard is it to take the rack and lights off? Does it disconnect in some way, shape or form? We will most likely live the rack on most of the time but I know the wife will want to remove the top when summer rolls around and that could be problematic.

Thanks!
So From rigid their is no disconnect. meaning that its impossible to take off unless you cut the wires. But I was looking into just cutting the wiring and adding my own waterproof disconnect. If you did that it would be super easy to take of the lights off because the first 4 screws you need to take off to remove the roof rack are the same screws that hold the rigid mounting bracket in. after you take those screws off you could use the disconnect to unplug the light bar and take whole light bar and brackets off the roof rack and then ether put the screws back on or then remove the plastic shrouds and continue your removal of the roof rack. The only issue I could see is you have the one end of the connector just dangling from your roof that you would have to hide behind something (not sure if it would fit behind those little plastic caps they give you in the glove box). So if you are just removing your roof rack temporarily to get your middle piece off for a more open air experience it would be a snap once wiring a quick disconnect in then attaching your other end to the roof rack with some Velcro or something, however if you wanted to take the rack off and keep the whole thing off you might have a hard time finding a place to attach your other connector end that doesn't look nice unless you can sneak it underneath those plastic shrouds.

another note if you do drill a hole into your car to feed the factory wire through make sure you back fill the hole with some silicone sealant.

I will say that with the roof rack still on I have removed the front panels with little to no issue and that really is enough sun and wind for me and my fiance. there is a little learning curve with how you have to angle the roof pieces when removing and installing that I imagine would be a thousand times easier if it was removed but it can be done relatively quickly once mastered.

TLDR:
No quick connect from the factory making removal not easy. you could install one relatively cheaply to then make removal very simple.

Sponsored

wcmaness

Outer Banks
First Name
Wesly
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I have the roof rack with light bar combo. I wanted to be able to go "all open" and take the rack and roof panels and doors off, so I made my own quick disconnect with bullet connectors. Easy on & off now (see pics).
Ford Bronco Light Bar With Roof Rack? QD2
Ford Bronco Light Bar With Roof Rack? QD3
Ford Bronco Light Bar With Roof Rack? QD4
Ford Bronco Light Bar With Roof Rack? QD6
Ford Bronco Light Bar With Roof Rack? QD7

wcmaness

Outer Banks
First Name
Wesly
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

What brand is that?
The mounts are made by Rigid: Part # 46725 - made specifically for the roof rack mount on the Bronco. The light bar is an old Shanren 42" curved 240w LED which I bought in 2016 for my Tahoe.

nyybrandon

Base
First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Base
Your Bronco Model
Base
I'm surprised your 42" light bar worked. I think a 40" comes with the rigid kit. Do you have to modify the brackets or anything to make the 42" work?

wcmaness

Outer Banks
First Name
Wesly
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

It is a snug fit for sure, but I think the 42 inch has a almost 2 inches taken up by the curve. So it may be a 42 inch curved bar, but straight across it’s more like 40 1/2.

Sponsored

Ninjabenben

Black Diamond
First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond

wcmaness

Outer Banks
First Name
Wesly
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

That curved light bar looks great. Who makes it please?
It is a: SHANREN 42" Curved 240W LED light bar.
I've had it for a while before I bought the Bronco (lucky fit), so I'm not sure of its current availability.
Sponsored