First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Expedition Limited
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I have been pricing out getting the entire Bronco done in PPF and am amazed at how overly priced it is (quotes $3400-$6200)! I will be getting some areas completed, but my concern is the areas that will be repeatedly impacted by road debris, winter salt and rocks. The one XPEL dealer I spoke with did disclose over time the rocker area or other areas repeatedly impacted will show wear from stones and salt over time. They even mentioned a customer who returns their Corvette every year or two to have the PPF replaced on the rockers due to discoloration from impacts.

This led me to wonder how the Bronco would look with LineX on the rockers or lower portion of the doors. I have never done this to previous vehicles, nor have I seen anyone do this. Has anyone had experience with LineX at these areas, has done it or are thinking about doing it to their Bronco? Does its color hold up with the LineX premium or does it still fade? My Bronco only has 300 miles on it and was driven for the first time in the slushy snow today. I could literally see icy slush flying up past my window and onto the soft top windows as I drove only 25-35 mph down the road. Yes, I completely agree it is an off-road vehicle and will see abuse over time...I am just trying to protect it and keep it presentable.
Sponsored

NurseDan

Big Bend
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Focus
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Iā€™ve been thinking about getting my rockers Line-Xā€™d as well. I see a lot of farm vehicles around my area with it done. My 07 Jetta had it from the factory. Looked perfectly fine. Hoping someone on the forum has more insight/opinions.

BroncoAZ

Badlands
First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 2 Door Badlands manual, 2021 Tacoma TRD OR
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I did this back in the 1990ā€™s on my Bronco. It worked great except for the fact that the coating was brittle and if I dented the panel on a rock a chunk may pop off and Iā€™d have to touch it up. Iā€™m sure the coatings have only improved in 20+ years and it would work even better now.

Iā€™m impatiently waiting for Rok Blokz to get their product to market for the Bronco, but I would consider linex or similar as well.

22827440-FCD7-4CF8-97FE-DDEF406434E8.jpeg

Lak34ers

Big Bend
First Name
Troy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I have been pricing out getting the entire Bronco done in PPF and am amazed at how overly priced it is (quotes $3400-$6200)! I will be getting some areas completed, but my concern is the areas that will be repeatedly impacted by road debris, winter salt and rocks. The one XPEL dealer I spoke with did disclose over time the rocker area or other areas repeatedly impacted will show wear from stones and salt over time. They even mentioned a customer who returns their Corvette every year or two to have the PPF replaced on the rockers due to discoloration from impacts.

This led me to wonder how the Bronco would look with LineX on the rockers or lower portion of the doors. I have never done this to previous vehicles, nor have I seen anyone do this. Has anyone had experience with LineX at these areas, has done it or are thinking about doing it to their Bronco? Does its color hold up with the LineX premium or does it still fade? My Bronco only has 300 miles on it and was driven for the first time in the slushy snow today. I could literally see icy slush flying up past my window and onto the soft top windows as I drove only 25-35 mph down the road. Yes, I completely agree it is an off-road vehicle and will see abuse over time...I am just trying to protect it and keep it presentable.
I had the same concern and I have black so I know they are mudflaps which is not ideal but I actually don't mind them. They are expensive but you can find then on sale at about 25% off MSRP. So far no spray or any debris plus they were easy to install and fit right through the rock rails. I did self healing PPF on front and ceramic coating on entire Bronco for 2k. Figure my grille, hood, pillars and front fenders will take the abuse and be protected.

PXL_20211206_231304333.MP.jpg

20220107_131045.jpg

Bronco cat

Banned
Outer Banks
Banned
Banned
First Name
Carl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜20 Explorer ST, ā€˜19 GT350, ā€˜21 Bronco Sport
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I modified the 50 dollar ford flaps they are working perfect on my SAS. Plus I added the Lund trail armor and I have the obx running boards.

880C6E8A-75E1-4198-9AC8-D14783D9908E.jpeg

Sponsored

Tricky Dick

Badlands
First Name
Dick
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.TD-Distributing.com
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco, 88 Bronco II, 03 Ford F250
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I've seen it done many times on other vehicles and was considering it. I thought about having a Line-x shop mix up a gray to match the hard top.

Bone Saw

Badlands
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Iā€™m thinking about Linex-ing the entire MIC top in white once I get it. The texture of Linex would certainly be better than the honeycomb pattern that it comes with. If it works the fender flares will be next.

Oldhippie

Big Bend
First Name
Barry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW X1, ā€˜1928 model A, ā€œ23 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I like this idea! Seems like the best solution but might as well wait til the chips are already there? Not sure if Linex is the best option but I am not up on these products?
Sponsored