First Name
G
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
White Wrangler JK, White Bronco Base 2Dr
Your Bronco Model
Base
Well, I sent back my TAC tubular running boards. I liked them, and seemed high quality, but the pinch-weld did show. The tape you got looks like a great idea to cover that!

I ordered the Clamber C3 running boards, and they should arrive Friday. I'll post some pictures once I get those installed. I heard they cover the pinch-welds. I guess I'll find out soon enough.
Sponsored

skipole70

Big Bend
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
92 Full Size 5.0 XLT, 2022 Big Bend Sasquatch 2D
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Is there space to fit a pinch seam cover under the running board?
Depends on how much space you need. I can send pics if you want

KABQ

Base
First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'93 4Runner, '84 Vanagon, '93 Miata, '14 LittleGuy
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Well, I sent back my TAC tubular running boards. I liked them, and seemed high quality, but the pinch-weld did show. The tape you got looks like a great idea to cover that!

I ordered the Clamber C3 running boards, and they should arrive Friday. I'll post some pictures once I get those installed. I heard they cover the pinch-welds. I guess I'll find out soon enough.
Another member used Plasti-Dip on the pinch seams, and although he intended it as a temporary fix apparently it has held up well for a year. It's the solution I'm going with (as soon as I get around to washing it)

skipole70

Big Bend
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
92 Full Size 5.0 XLT, 2022 Big Bend Sasquatch 2D
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Yes, please send! Thanks!
Sorry for the delay. Gallbladder put me down for a week. Looks like 1/8” on the front bracket and 1/4” or more on the rears
Ford Bronco 2-Door Side-Steps or Running Boards. 72C82D66-D44E-4EB3-8B18-D86D9D028062
Ford Bronco 2-Door Side-Steps or Running Boards. 3AE53D27-8857-4BE5-B984-AB0CCB0443BF
Ford Bronco 2-Door Side-Steps or Running Boards. CB01B1D6-5851-4E26-9713-B6E424C10EA0

Sponsored

G-Waggin

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Cadillac SRX
Your Bronco Model
Base
Sorry for the delay. Gallbladder put me down for a week. Looks like 1/8” on the front bracket and 1/4” or more on the rears
Ford Bronco 2-Door Side-Steps or Running Boards. CB01B1D6-5851-4E26-9713-B6E424C10EA0
Thanks! Exactly what I needed.

Arrowbear Rider

Base
First Name
Marcus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, Triumph Thunderbird Commander 1700
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I have the C2s, I don't have them mounted yet, so I didn't rush to reply. So far though I like what I see and the price was right. I started looking at the Goat Fabs, but too pricey for my needs, my wants were one thing, but my needs are reality.

I wanted to go with Havoc, but they didn't have them available to order, not just out of stock, they weren't taking any orders on Black Friday. Or, at least I couldn't find them, and then I saw on here the Clambers on the forum; may have been F1NDx's Bronco I saw. I went with the C2s, but I like em both, after a period away the "other one" is the one I like.

My Bronco is scheduled, so far, for this week so depending on shipping I'll get to see it soon... I HOPE!

OP
OP
Owl

Owl

Base
First Name
G
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Wow... you're getting very proactive even before you get your Bronco! That's amazing.

My Clamber C3s are supposed to get here today (Monday) or tomorrow. They got held up in the midwest (I assume to the snow storm). I live in CA and they were shipped from somewhere in Ohio or Indiana. I'll let you know how they work out... with plenty of pictures.

Arrowbear Rider

Base
First Name
Marcus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, Triumph Thunderbird Commander 1700
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Yea, "proactive" that's what we'll call it!;)

But really getting a VIN before Black Friday was either a curse and a very good thing.

Bronco comes and I get it with no problems then, it was a very good thing.

We won't mention the other!:oops:

margareedaville

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I love mine - just put them on last weekend. RockHard 4x4. They can withstand the entire weight of the Bronco which is good for me.

Ford Bronco 2-Door Side-Steps or Running Boards. IMG_0811

Sponsored

Lurker B6G

Outer Banks
First Name
Murph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Explorer Timberline
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I have a white Bronco. Pinch welds stick out like a sore thumb. No set of steps will fully hide the pinch weld look.

This will...

Ford Bronco 2-Door Side-Steps or Running Boards. 1674572844587

Drys to a medium dull black that blends in very well.

Do this before adding your new steps (lot easier to tape off a line).

OP
OP
Owl

Owl

Base
First Name
G
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
margareedaville ...
That Rockhard 4x4 slider/step looks really clean. Little expensive for me at $1000, but they look very nice. Quite impressed.

Lurker B6G ...
I'll have to keep the undercoating in mind also... in case the C3 doesn't cover the pinch weld to my satisfaction. Looks like a cheap fix.
Sponsored