First Name
G
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
White Wrangler JK, White Bronco Base 2Dr
Your Bronco Model
Base
I'm looking for side-steps or running boards for my 2 door Bronco. Mainly, I'm looking for three things: (1) Cover Pinch Welds. (2) Provide parking lot door bashing coverage. (3) Serve as an actual step for getting in and out. The 4th would be serving as a rock-rail, but that is least important to me.

The problem I've found when looking at most products... is that they don't give widths for the rail (for the door-bashing aspect), and they don't have clear photos in regard to covering the pinch-welds.

I ordered (and will probably return because of pinch-weld issue) -- TAC 4.25 inch tube.
A nicely built product, but they don't cover the pinch weld (see pictures). I'd keep if I could get brackets that hid pinch-welds.

I'm interested in Rynoskin Running Boards Side Steps, but can't figure out from pictures if they protect from door-bashing.

Same issue in regard to TAC Sidewinder running boards (can't figure out door-bashing or pinch-weld stuff).

Actually, I'm interested in just about anything that looks good, meets the requirements, and is less than $400.

Long story short... let me know what you other 2-door folks have, and provide pictures if possible.

Thanks for taking the time!

IMG_0045.JPG

IMG_0043.JPG

IMG_0031.JPG
Sponsored

OP
OP
Owl

Owl

Base
First Name
G
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Was the Clamber steps you went for the "C3 Heavy Armor" steps... listed to weight about 30 pounds?

Final Question: Are those frame & pinch-weld mounted, or just frame mounts?

Thanks!

OP
OP
Owl

Owl

Base
First Name
G
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
The ZroadsZ look very nice. Sadly, I'm trying to keep the price under $400. I think the ZroadsZ are listed around $900 + Tax... which would put it close to a grand here in sunny tax-heavy Northern California.

Sponsored

skipole70

Big Bend
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
92 Full Size 5.0 XLT, 2022 Big Bend Sasquatch 2D
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I went with Rough Country. Bolted in direct to the factory location ( mine came w no rock sliders or steps ). They’re under $400, AND in stock. Also excellent door ding protection 😎
Ford Bronco 2-Door Side-Steps or Running Boards. 6DFE6489-8B40-4F65-8E6D-9388C3B5B719
Ford Bronco 2-Door Side-Steps or Running Boards. 607A188F-7CFF-46B5-913B-FD2A33190041

OP
OP
Owl

Owl

Base
First Name
G
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Curious about the Rough Country... are the brckets up high enough to hide the pinch welds? Hard to see from your picture angle. The TAC ones I bought are a good product and good for door protection, but they pretty much show the Bronco pinch-welds.

Thanks for the info!

F1NDx

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Was the Clamber steps you went for the "C3 Heavy Armor" steps... listed to weight about 30 pounds?

Final Question: Are those frame & pinch-weld mounted, or just frame mounts?

Thanks!
Yes it’s the C3 Heavy Armor ones, just under $400 I think. And yes that specific model bolts to both the frame and pinch weld for added support.

JerryC

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
The ZroadsZ look very nice. Sadly, I'm trying to keep the price under $400. I think the ZroadsZ are listed around $900 + Tax... which would put it close to a grand here in sunny tax-heavy Northern California.
Yeah not cheap but also can be useful as a slider and gives some street cred to my mall crawling.

grayshadow

Black Diamond
First Name
Charles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Curious about the Rough Country... are the brckets up high enough to hide the pinch welds? Hard to see from your picture angle. The TAC ones I bought are a good product and good for door protection, but they pretty much show the Bronco pinch-welds.

Thanks for the info!
Very easy inexpensive to hide the pinch welds.

Sponsored

red95stang

Wildtrak
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 Shelby GT350, 03 Lightning, 22 Bronco Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I put the Barricade NB1 on and like them so far.

Ford Bronco 2-Door Side-Steps or Running Boards. ABF3588F-5292-4A78-A420-53048DA99B39

10E465E7-099A-45FC-AD8D-B52461D0C5CE.jpeg

OP
OP
Owl

Owl

Base
First Name
G
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Is the Barricade NB1 pretty much the same as the ...
APS Black 6 Inches Tubular Drop Down Style Nerf Bars Running Boards Compatible with Ford Bronco 2021-2023 Sport Utility 2-Door ? On Amazon

It kind of looks the same, and $100 cheaper. I can't really find much info on the NB1. Do you know what the shipping weight was? The APS is listed at 49.5 pounds. Nice looking though.

G-Waggin

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Cadillac SRX
Your Bronco Model
Base
I went with Rough Country. Bolted in direct to the factory location ( mine came w no rock sliders or steps ). They’re under $400, AND in stock. Also excellent door ding protection 😎
Ford Bronco 2-Door Side-Steps or Running Boards. 10E465E7-099A-45FC-AD8D-B52461D0C5CE
Ford Bronco 2-Door Side-Steps or Running Boards. 10E465E7-099A-45FC-AD8D-B52461D0C5CE
Is there space to fit a pinch seam cover under the running board?