darkscion0

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mini Cooper
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
My story is below. Looking for the location and possibly wiring diagram for the AWD module as either a faulty module or loose connection can cause my symptoms. I'd like to check the connector for loose wires and maybe use some dielectric grease to see if that helps.

Long story short, we were wheeling and broke the passenger front axle shaft. Dealership replaced the axle shaft under warranty.

Ever since then we've had a vibration in 4WD when the front tires are under load. I test this by putting it in 4A and accelerating to get power to the front wheels. The Bronco will vibrate/shudder and I can actually here squealing from the front tires. The issue is not present in 2WD.

Ford has been great about throwing parts at it for free but I question their troubleshooting ability.

So far they've replaced:
- Both front axle shafts
- Front diff/center unit (twice)
- Front drive shaft (twice)
- Transfer case (with a second one on order now)

The front drive shaft was replaced under recall for the boot issue. They thought that would fix it and when it didn't they immediately put in another drive shaft. The transfer case was just replaced and the issue is still present so their solution is to put in another transfer case which, did not resolve the issue.

The Bronco is a 2021 Badlands Sasquatch. It's got a 2"-2.5" lift on it with part of the front lift coming from perch collars so there's been no issues with CV angles. I'm running 37" Nitto Trail Grapplers and 1.5" wheel spacers.
Sponsored

Last edited: