Kris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1994 Land Rover Discovery, Jeep Gladiator
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Don't they realize they are causing more energy use by doing this? How many AAA or the like calls will be generated and a tech in anothet yeuck wi drive across town to air it ip. Nobody is going to sell their car because the air got let out of the tire.

1970AMCAMX

Base
First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150, AMC AMX, DF Goblin
Your Bronco Model
Base
Even though the majority of them aren't too smart and don't know it, locking valve stem caps do little to nothing to prevent deflating the tires. Unless you have replaced your valve stems with metal ones, it takes a lot less time to just cut the valve stem or knife the tire then to pull the cap off and remove or depress the valve core to air down the tire.

OP
OP
RideEmCowboy

RideEmCowboy

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'95 Mustang,'08 Honda Civic,'03 15hh QH Paint mare
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Even though the majority of them aren't too smart and don't know it, locking valve stem caps do little to nothing to prevent deflating the tires. Unless you have replaced your valve stems with metal ones, it takes a lot less time to just cut the valve stem or knife the tire then to pull the cap off and remove or depress the valve core to air down the tire.
It seems the honor among these thieves says not to cause permanent damage. Their code also stipulates not deflating cars that belong to disabled people or schools. But most of the locking caps can be unlocked w/ an Allen wrench, which is a big duh.

Sponsored
OP
OP
RideEmCowboy

RideEmCowboy

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'95 Mustang,'08 Honda Civic,'03 15hh QH Paint mare
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Jdc

Badlands
First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

It seems the honor among these thieves says not to cause permanent damage. Their code also stipulates not deflating cars that belong to disabled people or schools. But most of the locking caps can be unlocked w/ an Allen wrench, which is a big duh.
I'd say you're probably still safer just getting a good pump. If they can't deflate your tires they may escalate and slash them

Sponsored

BWepps

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco Outer Banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks

RHeinz

Badlands
First Name
Ric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1950 Willys CJ3A, 2022 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I live in Texas. It was 105 yesterday. I believe there are currently rolling brown-outs. Not too worried about the environmentalists, they are all inside trying to keep cool.

If I were an environmentalist however, I’d be worried more about some redneck deflating or slashing my tires.