K
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I ain't no fancy engineer but does this not completely block the airflow to the intercooler?

OP
OP
LOD Offroad

LOD Offroad

Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
LOD Offroad
Threads
Reaction score
Website
lodoffroad.com
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JLU, Jeep Gladiator, Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I ain't no fancy engineer but does this not completely block the airflow to the intercooler?
Below the bumper and also in front of the winch we have an air scoop to help direct air to the intercooler.

OP
OP
LOD Offroad

LOD Offroad

Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
LOD Offroad
Threads
Reaction score
Website
lodoffroad.com
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Nice looking unit.
Is it possible to use with a flat tow set up like Blue Ox?
Absolutely! We hope to have all the pricing and options up on our website very soon!

Sponsored

wrbix

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
LR Def90, F250 7.3, Caterham 7, LR Series III, etc
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Nice looking unit.
Is it possible to use with a flat tow set up like Blue Ox?
Following closely…..flat towing is probably of more importance to me than winching.
The Blue Ox tow base modifies the OEM modular bumper recovery points to make them adaptable to the tow bar - don’t see that happening here…..but one can hope.

Tilzbow

Badlands
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GM Sierra Diesel Pick Up
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Following closely…..flat towing is probably of more importance to me than winching.
The Blue Ox tow base modifies the OEM modular bumper recovery points to make them adaptable to the tow bar - don’t see that happening here…..but one can hope.
Flat towing is the main reason I’m buying the Bronco so I’ve been researching and following developments closely.

LOD has tow bar adapters on their website for their Jeep bumpers for both Blue Ox and Roadmaster tow bars. I’m assuming those will also work with this bumper and enable you to connect tow bars directly to the recovery points.

In the pictures on this thread the recovery points appear to be solid steel and attached directly to the frame eliminating the need for an additional base plate with the right adapter.

Roadmaster also makes their own adapters (035-1) that might work. I’m not sure about Blue Ox since I’m not using their tow bars.

If there’s a reason you think this won’t work I’m all ears. This will be the first rig I’ve flat towed so I have zero experience and have only learned via research over the past 18 months while waiting for the Bronco.

Last edited:
OP
OP
LOD Offroad

LOD Offroad

Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
LOD Offroad
Threads
Reaction score
Website
lodoffroad.com
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Flat towing is the main reason I’m buying the Bronco so I’ve been researching and following developments closely.

LOD has tow bar adapters on their website for their Jeep bumpers for both Blue Ox and Roadmaster tow bars. I’m assuming those will also work with this bumper and enable you to connect tow bars directly to the recovery points.

In the pictures on this thread the recovery points appear to be solid steel and attached directly to the frame eliminating the need for an additional base plate with the right adapter.

Roadmaster also makes their own adapters (035-1) that might work. I’m not sure about Blue Ox since I’m not using their tow bars.

If there’s a reason you think this won’t work I’m all ears. This will be the first rig I’ve flat towed so I have zero experience and have only learned via research over the past 18 months while waiting for the Bronco.
Tilzbow is correct. We offer tow bar adapters for Blue Ox and Roadmaster which connect directly to our tow points. We will also be offering Front Bumper Frame Tie in Brackets. These add additional support to the front frame face plate and also add a hook up point for the safety chains. These are really popular with our Jeep customers who flat tow.

wrbix

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
LR Def90, F250 7.3, Caterham 7, LR Series III, etc
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Tilzbow is correct. We offer tow bar adapters for Blue Ox and Roadmaster which connect directly to our tow points. We will also be offering Front Bumper Frame Tie in Brackets. These add additional support to the front frame face plate and also add a hook up point for the safety chains. These are really popular with our Jeep customers who flat tow.
Likely just committed me as a customer….well done!
Might there be links available to your described Jeep products please?

Sponsored
OP
OP
LOD Offroad

LOD Offroad

Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
LOD Offroad
Threads
Reaction score
Website
lodoffroad.com
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Undecided

Jr87mustang

Black Diamond
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Expedition, 1987 5.0 GT Convert
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

@LOD Offroad Does your bumper work with the factory front skid plate from the Sasquatch package or do we need to order yours?

OP
OP
LOD Offroad

LOD Offroad

Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
LOD Offroad
Threads
Reaction score
Website
lodoffroad.com
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
@LOD Offroad Does your bumper work with the factory front skid plate from the Sasquatch package or do we need to order yours?
If your skid plate looks like this one, then yes it should fit no problem. However it may look a little out of place because there will be a gap between the bumper and skid plate and they wont meet up quite right. Also our Front Differential Skid Plate will not work with your stock front skid.

Ford Bronco LOD Offroad Bronco Bumper Sneak Peak! 1641327274427

TripleB

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Base Sas 2.7L, 2023 GMC AT4 HDD
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Any sneak peek on the rear bumper?