Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 F350 Tremor, 2019 Beta 300RR
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

FINALLY got my transmission skid plate from LOD Offroad. I ordered on 5/16 and it finally got here today 6/19 (shipped Thursday). I picked their skid plate because it covers the transfer case cross members that about all of us have munched a time or 10.

Complaints:
1. Communication with LOD. I emailed and called (spoke to a person once) with ZERO feedback. The only feedback was ā€oh I think itā€™s going into powder coat sometimeā€. I understand and can empathize with long lead times but just communicate!

2. Packaging was less than desirable. Granted, the skid did not move but they encapsulated in raw spray foam. Not the expanding foam that stays in a plastic covering like Iā€™ve gotten a lot of other large/heavy/fragile parts in. The skid was in a plastic bag but still a PITA.

3. One of the skid braces put pressure on the hydraulic line for the Sta-Bar. I had to pull off and grind a notch in it.

Now for the good. Itā€™s a sturdy piece. Iā€™d guessing itā€™s about 15lbs. Even though it goes under the cross members, it hugs them extremely close. Solid and covers the cross members and transmission pan. I really have no concerns bashing through rocks now. šŸ˜‚

Ford Bronco LOD Offroad Transmission Skid 41B18DE4-A677-458D-BA6F-A804B4982CC2

Ford Bronco LOD Offroad Transmission Skid B88CD24E-AB51-414C-8F84-A4C923B62FB0

Ford Bronco LOD Offroad Transmission Skid 94CBC747-56DA-4998-9430-732364CC2F5F

Ford Bronco LOD Offroad Transmission Skid 133FC740-AEC2-4BD4-85BB-FD6BB1B7D944

Ford Bronco LOD Offroad Transmission Skid FA70856D-8369-4073-B6A8-783F19CAA2F5

Ford Bronco LOD Offroad Transmission Skid 75E38087-C313-49D5-BE43-BCEE5C1204E8

Ford Bronco LOD Offroad Transmission Skid B6366D29-1CD7-4B9E-AE38-A136472053FC
Sponsored

Dmorty217

Black Diamond
First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Camery
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Glad you finally got your order, feel like itā€™s mostly BS you had to grind out some metal for parts that were there when they did R&D

OP
OP
Flourman

Flourman

Badlands
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Looks just as much extra space as my Metalcloak skids. Is the lateral support provided by the V6 braces?
Yeah. Uses the two bolts on the frame side of the cross member on each side then bolts up behind the engine/diff skid and uses the t-case skid bolt.

Sponsored

LOD Offroad

Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
LOD Offroad
Threads
Reaction score
Website
lodoffroad.com
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JLU, Jeep Gladiator, Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
FINALLY got my transmission skid plate from LOD Offroad. I ordered on 5/16 and it finally got here today 6/19 (shipped Thursday). I picked their skid plate because it covers the transfer case cross members that about all of us have munched a time or 10.

Complaints:
1. Communication with LOD. I emailed and called (spoke to a person once) with ZERO feedback. The only feedback was ā€oh I think itā€™s going into powder coat sometimeā€. I understand and can empathize with long lead times but just communicate!

2. Packaging was less than desirable. Granted, the skid did not move but they encapsulated in raw spray foam. Not the expanding foam that stays in a plastic covering like Iā€™ve gotten a lot of other large/heavy/fragile parts in. The skid was in a plastic bag but still a PITA.

3. One of the skid braces put pressure on the hydraulic line for the Sta-Bar. I had to pull off and grind a notch in it.

Now for the good. Itā€™s a sturdy piece. Iā€™d guessing itā€™s about 15lbs. Even though it goes under the cross members, it hugs them extremely close. Solid and covers the cross members and transmission pan. I really have no concerns bashing through rocks now. šŸ˜‚

Hi Flourman, thanks for the feedback! We are sorry you had trouble fitting the skid plate around your hydraulic lines. I've got our engineering team looking into this now. I dont believe that line showed up in our CAD data unfortunately. Folks sometimes complain about our packaging, but its better than the alternative! We dont use the bagged spray foam pouches because we actually need the foam to stick to the cardboard. That way the parts dont slide with the box...if there is any room for movement that part will try to find a way out of the box for sure! Especially the pointy ones.

OP
OP
Flourman

Flourman

Badlands
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Hi Flourman, thanks for the feedback! We are sorry you had trouble fitting the skid plate around your hydraulic lines. I've got our engineering team looking into this now. I dont believe that line showed up in our CAD data unfortunately. Folks sometimes complain about our packaging, but its better than the alternative! We dont use the bagged spray foam pouches because we actually need the foam to stick to the cardboard. That way the parts dont slide with the box...if there is any room for movement that part will try to find a way out of the box for sure! Especially the pointy ones.
Thanks for addressing that. Any feedback on the lack of communication?

LOD Offroad

Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
LOD Offroad
Threads
Reaction score
Website
lodoffroad.com
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JLU, Jeep Gladiator, Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I cant say for sure what the issue was... We are generally very good at getting back to customers. I do know we had a lot of product get held up in production due to some other issues. Our customer service sometimes just cant get an answer right away which causes the issue to get pushed to the back of the line until they can get more info.

However we are addressing the issue with the skid plate! It will probably be another 2-3 weeks until the updated parts are available. If you would like a replacement skid plate, just reach out to us and we'll get you hooked up.

OP
OP
Flourman

Flourman

Badlands
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I cant say for sure what the issue was... We are generally very good at getting back to customers. I do know we had a lot of product get held up in production due to some other issues. Our customer service sometimes just cant get an answer right away which causes the issue to get pushed to the back of the line until they can get more info.

However we are addressing the issue with the skid plate! It will probably be another 2-3 weeks until the updated parts are available. If you would like a replacement skid plate, just reach out to us and we'll get you hooked up.
Thanks for that. The angle grinder did fine on the skid plate I have now.

However if you wanted to raffle off a skid and donate the money to Stay the Trail or some Offroad organization, that would be cool.

akturbo

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Bronco, 3500HD Chevy, Rav4Prime, Turbo Skidoo
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Just installed my skid last night, probably the easiest mod I've done to the Bronco. I can confirm they moved the bracing back so it doesn't hit the hydraulic line. My main concern was that my cross bars are beat up bad, the skid didn't need any mods and I didn't have to straighten out the bars. I always hate losing any clearance, but in this case it was minimal and worth the trade off to quit getting hung up on the cross bars. Besides the rear diff, fully skid'd out and ready to rally this thing.

Ford Bronco LOD Offroad Transmission Skid IMG_5050 conv

Ford Bronco LOD Offroad Transmission Skid IMG_5051 conv
Ford Bronco LOD Offroad Transmission Skid IMG_5055 conv

Ford Bronco LOD Offroad Transmission Skid IMG_5058 conv
Ford Bronco LOD Offroad Transmission Skid IMG_5059 conv
Ford Bronco LOD Offroad Transmission Skid IMG_5063 conv
Ford Bronco LOD Offroad Transmission Skid IMG_5060 conv
Ford Bronco LOD Offroad Transmission Skid IMG_5067 conv
Ford Bronco LOD Offroad Transmission Skid IMG_5066 conv

Sponsored
OP
OP
Flourman

Flourman

Badlands
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Thatā€™s awesome they moved the bracket. It is a really great skid and covers a LOT.

beagletim

Badlands
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150, Q5
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I received my Black Ops trans skid and installed it. Easy installation and a solid piece of protection. No complaints from me. From order to shipping took about 8 days.
Sponsored