LOD OFFROAD! Destroyer Tire Carrier

Chritaka

Wildtrak
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 WildTrak; '06 Whippl'd Mustang (sold4upgrades)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Here’s the filler plate.
0D44EEEA-EFBC-4ABB-9BD6-3D6CAD2F5C64.jpeg
Hard to see the filler plate start in that pic, does it actually sit that tight and flush against the edge of the bumper? From this pic in the install guide it seems that you would have decent gap if you didn't install the filler plate...

Ford Bronco LOD OFFROAD!  Destroyer Tire Carrier 1678477834320
Sponsored

Chritaka

Wildtrak
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 WildTrak; '06 Whippl'd Mustang (sold4upgrades)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Anyone able to provide a pic straight down from the top and straight down the side of the rear quarter to show how flush and/or how much poke the bumper has? All the pics are at a distance or angle and it's hard to tell. I would like at least some slight poke and protection from whatever may try to attack my hind quarters!

21BroncoFlyer

Badlands
First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1999 Land Rover Discovery
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I’ve had my eye on this bumper for awhile and want to make sure I’m making an informed decision here. It seems like one of the bigger drawbacks is the fact that the tire swing out isn’t mounted to the frame at all and only to the bumper and some of the reinforcement coming from the tailgate itself.

I don’t see myself mounting anything larger than a 35” but will plan on using their basket system or something with a roam style case to increase storage for the 2DR. What’s the overall thoughts on that and if you believe it’ll handle that load?

dusty1

Wildtrak
First Name
Dustin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Wildtrak, 2011 LX 570
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Has anyone had any issues with the sensors? I know there is a thread about that with the DV8 bumper.

Sponsored

cbrenthus

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 BadSquatch, '02 T/A
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Someone asked if it fits the Raptor, and I was wondering as well, and wondering if it would be good for 450/4500 on the Raptor?

Aurongel

Outer Banks
First Name
M.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Dodge Challenger RT
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I’m seriously considering this for my next major upgrade. I’d love to get some of the weight off my tailgate while also adding mounts for fuel, water and a high lift jack.

How difficult/messy is the process of connecting the backup camera?

Bonnie6G

Badlands
First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands LuxSquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I’m seriously considering this for my next major upgrade. I’d love to get some of the weight off my tailgate while also adding mounts for fuel, water and a high lift jack.

How difficult/messy is the process of connecting the backup camera?
It’s not too bad. Some disassembly of the old kit and attach some pieces to the housing LOD provides. Re-route the wires a bit and you’re home. The hardest part for me was the backup sensors, which installed fine but couldn’t for the life of me get the sensor wire harness clipped back together which caused warnings etc. once I applied some bulb grease to the seal of the harness it popped together like it should. The whole project took me time spread across 3 weekends as there were a couple missing bolts I had to grab from the hardware store and the camera wire they sent was the wrong style so I had to get a new one shipped. LOD was super helpful and responsive on both fronts so no complaints there as I had purchased one of the first ones out the door.
Sponsored