Threads
Reaction score
Website
lodoffroad.com
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JLU, Jeep Gladiator, Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Is this squeaking still an issue or did the vendor address it? I also have concerns about it not latching to the bumper, especially during/after hard trail runs. I don't want a setup that's going to be constantly squeaking!
It should not squeak, with that said as far as I know we have not had any complaints of squeaking. This design is a carry over from our Jeep line that has been in production for quite a number of years and is very robust and popular among Jeepers.
Sponsored

Chritaka

Wildtrak
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 WildTrak; '06 Whippl'd Mustang (sold4upgrades)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Any issues with the outside parking sensors? It seems they would point slightly down given the angle of the bumper metal as it wraps around. The plastic bumper on my Wildtrak has those outside sensors pointing straight out. I heard some bumpers have an angled grommet, to hold the sensor straight and correct alignment? Would that be required to add or does it come with an angled grommet?

Chritaka

Wildtrak
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Any issues with the outside parking sensors? It seems they would point slightly down given the angle of the bumper metal as it wraps around. The plastic bumper on my Wildtrak has those outside sensors pointing straight out. I heard some bumpers have an angled grommet, to hold the sensor straight and correct alignment? Would that be required to add or does it come with an angled grommet?
*Bump

@LOD Offroad Can you also confirm on the above?

What are current lead times?

Please confirm surface mount, not flush mount, lights that don’t mount to the face of the plate would have some adjustability? I plan to use the JLB1869 bezel with Diode Dynamics SS3 standard bezel lights and want to make sure this combo would work and I’d be able to adjust the angle a bit…?

Chritaka

Wildtrak
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

The swing gate is very well built along with the bumper itself, but I had issues with the mounting brackets for the spindle staying in place since the pivot is adjustable and finally got annoyed enough that I tack welded it on. I’m not a huge fan of the tailgate being the latch for it, and I spent a decent amount of time getting things all adjusted on the tailgate side of thing, would’ve preferred a 3rd mounting point that it latches to and gives support on the opposite side of the pivot. Since I’ve gotten everything correctly adjusted and made it where the spindle doesn’t move it’s been great. The brake light mount, tire mount itself, jerry can mounts have also been great products. As far as the backup camera I unfortunately had a different style plug then what their bronco had but they’re sending me a replacement one that should fit mine.
Also, has anyone else with the tire carrier had this issue with the spindle moving? With the spindle not mounting directly to the frame somehow, only the bumper, this puts all the weight directly the bumper mount/bolts only.

OP
OP
LOD Offroad

LOD Offroad

Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
LOD Offroad
Threads
Reaction score
Website
lodoffroad.com
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
*Bump

@LOD Offroad Can you also confirm on the above?

What are current lead times?

Please confirm surface mount, not flush mount, lights that don’t mount to the face of the plate would have some adjustability? I plan to use the JLB1869 bezel with Diode Dynamics SS3 standard bezel lights and want to make sure this combo would work and I’d be able to adjust the angle a bit…?
We have no reports of issues with the parking sensors that I know of. Our Bronco had the plastic bumper as well and the sensors work great. That light bezel wasnt specificall designed to fit the DD lights, but it should work OK. You would be able to angle it a little.

Sponsored

Chritaka

Wildtrak
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

We have no reports of issues with the parking sensors that I know of. Our Bronco had the plastic bumper as well and the sensors work great. That light bezel wasnt specificall designed to fit the DD lights, but it should work OK. You would be able to angle it a little.
Thanks for the confirmation.

What about current lead times?

The swing gate is very well built along with the bumper itself, but I had issues with the mounting brackets for the spindle staying in place since the pivot is adjustable and finally got annoyed enough that I tack welded it on. I’m not a huge fan of the tailgate being the latch for it, and I spent a decent amount of time getting things all adjusted on the tailgate side of thing, would’ve preferred a 3rd mounting point that it latches to and gives support on the opposite side of the pivot. Since I’ve gotten everything correctly adjusted and made it where the spindle doesn’t move it’s been great. The brake light mount, tire mount itself, jerry can mounts have also been great products. As far as the backup camera I unfortunately had a different style plug then what their bronco had but they’re sending me a replacement one that should fit mine.
Regarding @OddBall88's issue, has anyone else with the tire carrier had this issue with the spindle moving? With the spindle not mounting directly to the frame somehow, only the bumper, this puts all the weight directly the bumper mount/bolts only.

OP
OP
LOD Offroad

LOD Offroad

Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
LOD Offroad
Threads
Reaction score
Website
lodoffroad.com
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Thanks for the confirmation.

What about current lead times?

Regarding @OddBall88's issue, has anyone else with the tire carrier had this issue with the spindle moving? With the spindle not mounting directly to the frame somehow, only the bumper, this puts all the weight directly the bumper mount/bolts only.
It looks like we have one in stock but you would need to reach out to our sales dept to confirm. [email protected].

Chritaka

Wildtrak
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Thanks! No comment on the spindle shifting? Any precautions or suggests to combat if this issue is seen, other than welding?

Also, per the instructions it appears there is a filler plate that gets installed, and welds may need to be ground down. Can you share any pics of this and what it looks like with the tailgate open? The instructions do not show what this post install.

Taltyman

Raptor
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep wrangler Rubicon, Ford F350, Braptor
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

Coming soon to a horses Broncos ass near you! Parts are getting cut as we speak and hopefully get some assembly pictures next week! Wont be long now, have a great weekend everybody!

1651247299778.png

1651247427017.png
I have the LOD rear bumper on my Rubicon and it is awesome. (Still waiting on a Bronco)

OP
OP
LOD Offroad

LOD Offroad

Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
LOD Offroad
Threads
Reaction score
Website
lodoffroad.com
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Thanks! No comment on the spindle shifting? Any precautions or suggests to combat if this issue is seen, other than welding?

Also, per the instructions it appears there is a filler plate that gets installed, and welds may need to be ground down. Can you share any pics of this and what it looks like with the tailgate open? The instructions do not show what this post install.
I've only heard of one person had the spindle shift, not sure why, but they welded the pin before contacting us. If installed correctly I don't see how the spindle could shift without shearing bolts.

I dont have any pictures without the filler panel. It basically just fills the gap between the bumper and body. Completely unnoticable with the tailgate closed, but when you open the gate there is a gap between the bumper and body some may not like. Its completely optional.

Sponsored

Bentpushrod

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 Ram 2500, '18 F150
Your Bronco Model
Base

Here’s the filler plate.
Ford Bronco LOD OFFROAD!  Destroyer Tire Carrier 0D44EEEA-EFBC-4ABB-9BD6-3D6CAD2F5C64

Bmadda

Badlands
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1990 Bronco eddie bauer
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Has anybody tried using the destroyer tire carrier w/a body lift? wondering if it's doable (I mean w/out major headaches). Just the adjustment of the latch to the tailgate. Can it be lowered 2" or have enough adjustment?

OddBall88

Badlands
First Name
Joseph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Has anybody tried using the destroyer tire carrier w/a body lift? wondering if it's doable (I mean w/out major headaches). Just the adjustment of the latch to the tailgate. Can it be lowered 2" or have enough adjustment?
Yeah there’s plenty of adjustment on where the tire mount mounts.

Bmadda

Badlands
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1990 Bronco eddie bauer
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Yeah there’s plenty of adjustment on where the tire mount mounts.
so what you are saying is the entire tire mount could be raised 2" to match up w/the spot it's gotta latch to on the tailgate?

OddBall88

Badlands
First Name
Joseph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

so what you are saying is the entire tire mount could be raised 2" to match up w/the spot it's gotta latch to on the tailgate?
So the arm has enough movement where that shouldn’t be an issue and the bar that slides into the piece on the tailgate has a lot of adjustment.
Ford Bronco LOD OFFROAD!  Destroyer Tire Carrier 9DFA592E-DA3C-463E-A3B2-736BA3A660A5
Sponsored