Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Badlands 2.3 Area 51
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Does anyone know where I can find longer studs for the 2021 ford bronco badlands? I was told by @Phil that the stock is a m12x1.5x40

The buying rims for this damn thing has been an absolute nightmare.

I ordered Liberty Anthem Rims 17x9 with 0 offset. The company originally sent me the rims but did not cut the center bore correctly. Sent them back no problem. They sent me the second set and cut the inner bore but not the outer bore. It rubbed on the caliper bracket. They didn't want to take them back as i drove on them(Backed out of drive way). After 4 hours of discussion they admitted it was their fault and would send me new set up. This time the cut the bores correctly but only sent rims not the full set up. Oh wheel they told me to take the wheels with the old rims and have them put on the new rims. So i did. The tire shop then mounted onto my truck. Drive about a half mile and the front driver side wheel falls off. Luckily i was infront of another tire shop
(NTB) They helped me get it in the shop and looked over it. They found that both front wheels were loose. They said they tried to put them on but could only get 4 or 5 turns and did not feel safe with it(Which i appreciate). So now I need to find Longer wheel studs because i know that the company is going to fight me on this.

If some one can help end this nightmare and help me find longer studs it would be greatly appreciate.
Sponsored

Jdyount

Badlands
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Ok, so by what you're saying the stock wheel stud is m12x1.5x40 (I didn't look it up, could be right, could be wrong), but to decipher that: m12x1.5 is the diameter and thread, x40 (mm) is the length.

So, if you want longer studs, search "m12x1.5x50 wheel studs" (50mm, 10mm longer), or "m12x1.5x60 wheel studs" (60mm, 20mm longer), or whatever.

You'll ALSO need the knurl length and diameter. I'll try and find it.

EDIT: Ok, harder than I thought... ACPZ-1107-C is the stock Bronco wheel stud part number, if someone with dealer access can look that up and give the knurl specs...

Last edited:

Karl_in_Chicago

Badlands
First Name
Karl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Could have sworn I responded to this in a different thread. Get Liberty to MAKE you new studs. You aren't going to be able to source them from Ford, certainly not looking for a Bronco part #. You need the dimensions for the stock shank, length and thread (which are known) and THEN how much additional threaded length you want/need (which your vendor should be providing you). While it's entirely possible there are other retail SKU #'s with exactly what you want/need, you may encounter difficulty searching for and sourcing them. Cutting a longer threaded part to your desired length is probably the best/fastest/cheapest path. Make it the problem of the wheel vendor that put you in this situation or make them take the wheel that CAN NOT BE FITTED TO YOUR TRUCK back.

Edited to add: whenever you do settle on your new studs buy more than one set!

MPTB

Wildtrak
First Name
Pat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Looks like liberty has some serious QC issues with their wheels. You could change the studs but given your experience so far who knows what would go wrong next. You might be best off returning them and buying a different brand.

Figmo

Wildtrak
First Name
Figmo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Suzuki Samurai, Bronco 2Dr WT
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

You might be best off returning them and buying a different brand.
This would be my advice as well.

Reminds me of a radio talk show I heard years ago while driving cross country. One of those “call in for legal advice” shows. The caller had penis augmentation surgery done and the Dr. botched it and he ended up with a Z shaped appendage. The caller wanted to know if he could sue to force the Dr. to fix the job. Basically the advice was, “yes, of course, sue. but why would you want this butcher to go anywhere near your body parts ever again? Sue and use the money to hire a better doctor to fix it.”

Bringing it back to wheels - after what you’ve been through I wouldn’t trust those wheels as far as you can throw them. Get your money back and switch manufacturers.

Yes, a hassle. But had you done this in the first place your ordeal would have been over then and there. What’s done is done - but why throw good time/money after bad? Do it now - while you can still get your CC company to back you up if needed.

Sponsored

white_dc

First Name
b
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F350 SuperDuty
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

confused how the center bore has any affect on rubbing the caliper and why you need longer studs. Did they tell you to run a spacer to clear the calipers?

white_dc

First Name
b
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F350 SuperDuty
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

im sure you can find a stud that meets your needs if you have one to match it up. I am still confused how you are running out of studs for your lugs unless you have a spacer installed.

This should get you started, but you need to get some other measurements.

https://www.summitracing.com/search...-wheel-studs/wheel-stud-thread-size/m12-x-1-5

Edit: Also check into using an "ET style" lug nut. It should give you a couple more threads to catch on.

Last edited:

Davespeed

Outer Banks
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco OBS
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Feel bad for the OP. Buys wheels that company said would fit. Bolt pattern is correct but the lugnut seat is not deep enough. Meaning the stud needs to be longer. Also the back paid is too large for the offset. The pad is cutting into his front calipers. So adding a spacer makes it worse for the stud issue. This is a loosing battle for the OP. He contacted the retailer and refused to take them back. Sucks. I'd cut my losses and move onto another wheel. It's not supposed to be this hard.

OP
OP

GorillaGrapplr

Badlands
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I agree should not be this hard...I do have a dispute in with the credit card I hope they back me. I am just looking for a last ditch attempt. I know trailbuilt is going to fight me saying they are driven on but at the end of the day they are supposed to fit

OP
OP

GorillaGrapplr

Badlands
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Ok so their response to the studs being short.

"After digging into this, I can see we made an error and did not provide extended threaded (ET) lugs which should give you the extra threads you need to install these wheels. I will get a set of extended lugs shipped out to you ASAP, as this should resolve your fitment issue, we would not expect you to do any drilling to the lug holes"

I have requested they come get the rims and tires as well as a full refund

Last edited:

dvldawg

Badlands
First Name
Rodney
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Ok so their response to the studs being short.

"After digging into this, I can see we made an error and did not provide extended threaded (ET) lugs which should give you the extra threads you need to install these wheels. I will get a set of extended lugs shipped out to you ASAP, as this should resolve your fitment issue, we would not expect you to do any drilling to the lug holes"

I have requested they come get the rims and tires as well as a full refund
What was your outcome for this?
Sponsored