Al
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I have a 22 Non-SAS Badlands that will never see any hard core off roading, but planning to travel to mountain bike destinations, national parks and photography locations for the wifey. Currently doing research for an overland trailer -3500 lbs. I added the Tow hitch and planning to add the 4/7 pin and brake controller in the near future. Most of the trailers I am interested in have a tongue weight that does not exceed 350lbs. One of the trailer dealers I spoke to stated that he had done Broncos, and they can benefit from a lift kit in the rear to compensate for the additional weight. I currently have a sub box and some gear in the back and it levels the Bronco (compared to factory). Love the way it rides and handles. Once the tires wear out, I will replace them with 35's while maintaining the stock rims.

My question to the experts here is, based on this information, what will be the best course of action without going into mods that will affect daily drivability?
Coil Springs for the rear to increase the rear height and minimize the drop when the trailer is hooked? Pucks without springs? Coilovers?

I really appreciate any input and help!
Sponsored

marktwain2001

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Billstien 5100s. Provide 3 inches of adjustability as well as the ability to level. Mine was perfect 2 inches in fron 1.5 in back. I use a hitch leveler off amazon.

Brokenparts

Badlands
First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1966 FJ45, 73 c-10, 79 Blazer, '23 Exp, 2008 F350,
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Billstien 5100s. Provide 3 inches of adjustability as well as the ability to level. Mine was perfect 2 inches in fron 1.5 in back. I use a hitch leveler off amazon.
this.

Wtb13000

Wildtrak
First Name
Wyatt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Same answer applies to both sas and non-sas models? A quick search suggest the 5100s are priced around $500-$550 while the better 2 inch lift kits w/o uca’s are ~$200.

Besides the up front price difference, why do you think so many users seem to go with lift kits? Still need a spring compressor for most lift kits from what I have read. Any thoughts?

marktwain2001

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
The lift kits install plastic pucks in the frame whereas the billstiens are designed to carry the weight. They also are adjustable and transform the ride.

Sponsored

HBTFD

Black Diamond
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F350
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Go find a trailer comparable to the one you plan on purchasing. Hook up to it and see if it squats your bronco before you modify anything. If you can’t find a trailer have someone stand on your trailer hitch with weight to simulate 350lbs.

OP
OP
Alassise

Alassise

Badlands
First Name
Al
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Thanks! Will do!
Sponsored