Wayne
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I bought a used, take-off Modular bumper for my OBX to replace the plastic bumper.

Was kind of surprised to find that the little plastic retainers for the parking sensors are different depending on which bumper you have.

Called the local Ford dealer and explained it all, and they ordered up the ones for the Mod bumper - or so I thought.

They are NOT the right ones and they are also different from the OBX bumper ones (plastic base bumper with fog lights if that matters)

Can anyone advise which are the correct part numbers?

TIA for any info
Sponsored

Brisco2

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 F350 XLT, 2018 Ford E350
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I did the exact same thing,

Part: M2DZ 15A862M* (* = A, B, C, D) Each of the four are marked to where they go. "FIR" means front inside right etc. The FOR, FIL lettering goes to the ground with the Ford symbol going up.

Reach out with any questions, maybe I could save some aggravation for you.

I will make a post with photos one of these days

OP
OP
LoneRider

LoneRider

Outer Banks
First Name
Wayne
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Thanks, I was able to talk to dealer parts guy. He figured out mistake was he selected “metal” bumper and ordered the parts with CA-CD suffix.

Evidently Ford parts call the Mod bumper something else. He pulled a VIN of a Bronco with mod bumper I ordered that way.

Hopefully will have them Friday. On the bright side, I’m getting pretty good at removing, disassembling, assembling, and installing bumpers!;)

Ranbronc

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Early Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
my Rock Hard bumper came with Mopar ( jeep) retainers, no idea the part numbers

Drew5150

Black Diamond
First Name
Drew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1975 International Scout 2
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond

Part: M2DZ 15A862M* (* = A, B, C, D) Each of the four are marked to where they go. "FIR" means front inside right etc. The FOR, FIL lettering goes to the ground with the Ford symbol going up.

So the only difference is the retainers? the sensors are all the same on plastic and modular bumper?

Sponsored

Brisco2

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I believe so. I reused the sensors and the wiring harness from the standard bumper in the mod bumper and everything works as it should.

the314boss

Raptor
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Raptor

i have a fairly basic question i hope you can answer: i need to replace the bumper on my BRaptor this weekend and one of the sensor retainers is damaged. can i replace the retainer clip and reconnect the sensor with the bumper mounted, or do i need to remove the bumper to do so?

said a different way: can i do the larger project of swapping bumper for new unit and replace the retainer later, or do i need to wait?

thanks for your help!

Brisco2

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I'm going to suggest wait.

While you can easily get the old retainer out from the front and the new one in. Clicking the sensor in the retainer would be near impossible on at least two of them, maybe all four. There is a reinforcement behind the mod bumper which blocks the back of the retainer.

It was about a year ago, but I am pretty certain the outer two are blocked for sure. Check with a mirror/flashlight and you will see what I mean.

i have a fairly basic question i hope you can answer: i need to replace the bumper on my BRaptor this weekend and one of the sensor retainers is damaged. can i replace the retainer clip and reconnect the sensor with the bumper mounted, or do i need to remove the bumper to do so?

said a different way: can i do the larger project of swapping bumper for new unit and replace the retainer later, or do i need to wait?

thanks for your help!

the314boss

Raptor
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
I'm going to suggest wait.

While you can easily get the old retainer out from the front and the new one in. Clicking the sensor in the retainer would be near impossible on at least two of them, maybe all four. There is a reinforcement behind the mod bumper which blocks the back of the retainer.

It was about a year ago, but I am pretty certain the outer two are blocked for sure. Check with a mirror/flashlight and you will see what I mean.
roger that, thank you!
Sponsored