First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Santa Cruz
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Intro post from a guy that should have ordered sooner, but I've been watching the Bronco for a long time, but I always thought I needed a pickup. Turns out, I don't really need it if I buy a small utility trailer, so I'm starting to look harder.

I live in Ozarks, right outside the gates of Fort Leonard Wood, MO. I love kayak fishing, and getting to the best spots requires some mild wheeling at times. Maybe if I had the right vehicle, I'd check some of the spots that have been on my wish list for while.

I currently own a Santa Cruz after selling my last truck for a good profit. It is a nice little "trucklet" but I still want to do some mild wheeling that the little Hyundai can't do. A roof rack on a Bronco would be a nice change.

Seriously considering a Badlands/Sasquatch or a Wildtrack/Hoss.

If I get in line when the order bank opens this month, will I be looking at two years like some of the people I've been seeing?

Picture of my SC that I might own for a couple years if this ordering situation is still backed up like ya'll have dealt with.

Ford Bronco Looking hard at the Bronco IMG_8931
Sponsored

Ripcurl

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
DodgeRam 1500 Laramie, HarleyDavidson 48
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
It may be a bit of a wait, but there are so many factors in play with what model/configuration that you order, which dealer you reserve with, etc.

I think you'd love it though for your purposes, no real harm in throwing down an order and seeing what happens

OP
OP

jmitchelltfo

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Santa Cruz
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
It may be a bit of a wait, but there are so many factors in play with what model/configuration that you order, which dealer you reserve with, etc.

I think you'd love it though for your purposes, no real harm in throwing down an order and seeing what happens
I've got a dealer close to me that will take my order and they are supposed to be really good about only adding a $400 doc fee to MSRP. I'll call them again and get more info about any restrictions they have for models or packages.

I guess I need to educate myself on here a little more. Dealer restrictions is something I have no knowledge about.

MnLakeBum

Outer Banks
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜18 Range Rover Diesel
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
If you donā€™t want a hard top, you might get one in less than 6 months from a large dealer with a good allocation to order ratio.

I wasnā€™t seeing any movement on my 7/20/20 reservation and got impatient last December. I put in another order with the same dealer minus the hard top and Sasquatch package and took delivery 123 days after my 12/09/21 order. Iā€™m still waiting on my original order but I have a Bronco to drive in the meantime. Itā€™s a bit humorous that Iā€™m likely getting pushed to 2023 for a vehicle that was reserved in July of 2020 and first ordered in January of 2021.

Ford Bronco Looking hard at the Bronco 3AB9DE6A-684E-4DD0-AEC3-D138CDB318AB

OP
OP

jmitchelltfo

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Santa Cruz
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
If you donā€™t want a hard top, you might get one in less than 6 months from a large dealer with a good allocation to order ratio.
I'm almost certain I would need the hard top. My tinnitus would probably kill me on a daily driver with a soft top.

Sponsored

MnLakeBum

Outer Banks
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜18 Range Rover Diesel
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I'm almost certain I would need the hard top. My tinnitus would probably kill me on a daily driver with a soft top.
At 70 mph the hard top and the soft top have about the same noise, lol.

Rspayde

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 C/O Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

It is all about how long you are willing to wait and what your budget is.

If you can wait forever build the truck exactly how you like.

If you want the bronco faster strip it down a bit and then go crazy with parts from the secondary market.

There is already a hardtop you can buy aftermarket ($5.5K yikes).

TXAG96

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 Bullitt, '01 Boxster, '87 TBird Turbo Coupe
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I think the SC you have is a good looking rig.....
It shows Honda how they should have built the Ridgeline :unsure:
looks like you're getting some good use out of it.

Good Luck on your Bronco quest.....be sure you're ready to lose that bed !
you could go the Ranger route if you decide the bed is necessary

OP
OP

jmitchelltfo

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Santa Cruz
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
At 70 mph the hard top and the soft top have about the same noise, lol.
That is a surprise to me. I haven't ridden in any Broncos yet.

That either means that the soft top is awesome, or the hard top is a little underwhelming.

Thanks for the info. I need to convince a couple local owners to let me take a ride with them to see for myself.

OP
OP

jmitchelltfo

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Santa Cruz
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
It is all about how long you are willing to wait and what your budget is.

If you can wait forever build the truck exactly how you like.

If you want the bronco faster strip it down a bit and then go crazy with parts from the secondary market.

There is already a hardtop you can buy aftermarket ($5.5K yikes).
Yeah......$5500 for a hardtop ain't happening. I will definitely talk to my dealer about the options vs time equation.

Sponsored
OP
OP

jmitchelltfo

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Santa Cruz
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I think the SC you have is a good looking rig.....
It shows Honda how they should have built the Ridgeline :unsure:
looks like you're getting some good use out of it.

Good Luck on your Bronco quest.....be sure you're ready to lose that bed !
you could go the Ranger route if you decide the bed is necessary
The SC is decent. It handles very well for a crossover, and the torque from the turbo is very solid. I just want a little more ability while off road. A Ranger Tremor could be a possibility........but it doesn't have the same appeal to me as the Bronco.

Last edited:

TXAG96

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 Bullitt, '01 Boxster, '87 TBird Turbo Coupe
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

The SC is decent. It handles very well for a crossover, and the torque from the turbo is very solid. I just want a little more ability while off road. A Ranger Tremor could be a possibility........but it doesn't have the same appeal to me as the Bronco.
I get it totally......kayak roof rack it is. Now get out there and get you a Bronco!!!

SCBronco1

Wildtrak
First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 F150 Lariat Fx4, 2012 BMW X3, 2011 Escape
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

That is a surprise to me. I haven't ridden in any Broncos yet.

That either means that the soft top is awesome, or the hard top is a little underwhelming.

Thanks for the info. I need to convince a couple local owners to let me take a ride with them to see for myself.
It is both options from what my friend says, his wife has soft top and he has a hard top.

OP
OP

jmitchelltfo

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Santa Cruz
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
It is both options from what my friend says, his wife has soft top and he has a hard top.
It looks like availability of the hard top isn't an issue with the two door version.

I haven't ruled out the four door yet, but one of the great things about only having one kid still at home..............I don't need to haul a big family anymore.

Soft top would make my kayak rack options pretty limited too.

Bronco cat

Banned
Outer Banks
Banned
Banned
First Name
Carl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜20 Explorer ST, ā€˜19 GT350, ā€˜21 Bronco Sport
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I got bad news the hard top isnā€™t that much quieter. I strongly suggest driving one or going for a ride in one if that is a concern.
Sponsored