ontheheel

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I’m looking for a low-profile box to mount on my PackRax to store my recovery gear. This will free up space in the cargo area, as well as keep my interior clean from dirt acquired via off-road recovery.

Most overland-type boxes are far too big for this configuration. Looking at pelican cases, they will either stick out a ton, or be too small to fit my gear (kinetic rope, tree strap, shackles, etc). I’ve been searching around for a while and haven’t been able to come up with something

It seems like the ideal outside dimensions would be something like 30”x16”x4” (or something close). I really want to keep the depth at 4” or less, because this is already going to be a giant wart on the side of my rig. Roof mount is out of the question as I have a skycamp that occupies the entire rack.

Any recommendations?

Does anyone else have recovery gear mounted to PackRax? Pics you’re willing to share?
Sponsored

OP
OP
ontheheel

ontheheel

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Ford Bronco Low profile recovery gear storage image

I will eventually put an AAL drawer (or two) on the right side for tools and camping gear, but I’m otherwise pretty short on space and want to get stuff out of the cabin where possible.

bravely

Badlands
First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
3490 s leonard rd, new palestine in 46163
Vehicle(s)
1973 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I’m looking for a low-profile box to mount on my PackRax to store my recovery gear. This will free up space in the cargo area, as well as keep my interior clean from dirt acquired via off-road recovery.

Most overland-type boxes are far too big for this configuration. Looking at pelican cases, they will either stick out a ton, or be too small to fit my gear (kinetic rope, tree strap, shackles, etc). I’ve been searching around for a while and haven’t been able to come up with something

It seems like the ideal outside dimensions would be something like 30”x16”x4” (or something close). I really want to keep the depth at 4” or less, because this is already going to be a giant wart on the side of my rig. Roof mount is out of the question as I have a skycamp that occupies the entire rack.

Any recommendations?

Does anyone else have recovery gear mounted to PackRax? Pics you’re willing to share?
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00B6K4V80/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Bad_Bronco

Wildtrak
First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1963 Chevy Nova SS, 2021 Ford Bronco WildTrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Milwakee make a system that you can add to and have many different sizes for all your needs. Harbor Freight also has a similar system, just not as many depths as Milwakee. Check those out.

KRAKEN

Black Diamond
First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 2 DOOR BRONCO, 2014 F150 XLT, 2006 F150 FX4
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Look for a Pelican style gun case.
Sponsored