Sponsored

Exterior storage - ideas to store a small amount of gear on the back of my Bronco?

FMI2FIT

Everglades
First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 F150 KR
Your Bronco Model
Everglades
Long time stalker, first time thread starter...

This may have been discussed already but I cant find it. I am looking for ideas to store a small amount of gear on the back of my bronco. I want to store sweaty/wet clothes, bike helmet, shoes and maybe a water bottle or two. In my head I'm looking for a basket that mounts on the rear door hinge bolts or mounts to the RC tailgate support. I thought about putting a mesh bottom and sides in the spare tire mount but its not the easiest to access and cant hold a bike helmet. Anybody got any ideas or know of a storage basket like that?
Sponsored

Metal Guy1

Badlands
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco 2021, Jeep 2015
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

This may have been discussed already but I cant find it. I am looking for ideas to store a small amount of gear on the back of my bronco. I want to store sweaty/wet clothes, bike helmet, shoes and maybe a water bottle or two. In my head I'm looking for a basket that mounts on the rear door hinge bolts or mounts to the RC tailgate support. I thought about putting a mesh bottom and sides in the spare tire mount but its not the easiest to access and cant hold a bike helmet. Anybody got any ideas or know of a storage basket like that?
Check

Check
mountians2metal.com
They have a lockable box that attacks to their tail gate reinforcement mount. May serve your needs.

Canyon Coolers

Wildtrak
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Website
canyoncoolers.com
Vehicle(s)
73 Bronco, Dodge 2500, Sprinter Van
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I know this is inside but Mountains to Metal makes a small area available to you inside your tailgate. You remove the plastic nonsense on the driver's side and they have a small locker that fits the hole.

Sponsored

kodiakisland

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
12 Tacoma, 18 Indian, 23 GV70
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

When I want extra storage for specific trips, I just put a large cheap cooler on a hitch basket. Easy to take on and off, and using a big cooler it holds a lot of stuff. Mostly I put light things in it for the trip out and wet/dirty stuff for the trip home.