First Name
Marc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘19 TRD 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
So have had my 2dr BD couple weeks and several thousand miles. Love it!!! It’s my daily and is perfect for what I need it to do.

question
Does anyone know of a roof rack option that is only over the back half? Not over the cockpit. I saw some drawn up well over a yr ago but can’t find any available or even being promoted online.

24240F04-A1AA-427D-B815-12148112FA23.png

03C54D5B-09EC-459F-9E0C-8B29DAFAC253.jpeg
Sponsored

Last edited:

BroncoAZ

Badlands
First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 2 Door Badlands manual, 2021 Tacoma TRD OR
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I don’t have an answer, just wanted to complement how great the black looks and the classic logo pops nicely on it.

RagnarKon

Badlands
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco, Escape, Focus
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I've been searching for the same thing for a 4-door... and so far... nothing.

Give it about a year or two and the aftermarket will come out with something. Bronco is essentially new and we're in the middle of a supply chain crisis. So it'll take some time, but there is enough enthusiasm around the Bronco that it'll come eventually.

I don’t have an answer, just wanted to complement how great the black looks and the classic logo pops nicely on it.
Agree, almost makes me want to change my color... although I currently have a black Escape it is essentially impossible to keep that thing clean.

OP
OP
2DrBD2.7

2DrBD2.7

Black Diamond
First Name
Marc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘19 TRD 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I've been searching for the same thing for a 4-door... and so far... nothing.

Give it about a year or two and the aftermarket will come out with something. Bronco is essentially new and we're in the middle of a supply chain crisis. So it'll take some time, but there is enough enthusiasm around the Bronco that it'll come eventually.

Agree, almost makes me want to change my color... although I currently have a black Escape it is essentially impossible to keep that thing clean.
Yea you’re absolutely right just hoping someone does it soon. I’d love to put a little basket up top!

As to the Black, it looks amazing. Driving around it’s hilarious. Like you’re a celebrity or something. Everyone wants pics or waves etc.

MadMan4BamaNATL

Badlands
First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco 2DR Badlands Sasquatch, 2021 RR Sport
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Yea you’re absolutely right just hoping someone does it soon. I’d love to put a little basket up top!

As to the Black, it looks amazing. Driving around it’s hilarious. Like you’re a celebrity or something. Everyone wants pics or waves etc.
I'm getting a 2Dr as well. Your Black BD with the classic Bronco script and Steelies looks badass!

I think Yakima has "advertised" a Med size rack and there's one with a sort of basket shape. Not sure if it's ready for purchase yet, but it keeps the front seat roof unobstructed for panel removal. It's in the accessory catalog and I may grab it at some point, wasn't crazy expensive.

Again, no idea if it's available now.

Sponsored

MaverickMan

Black Diamond
First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
96 bronco sport 91 comanche eliminator 93 v8 zj
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I think you will just have to order 2 of the racks when they become available. The slots are there.

da_jokker

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JKUR
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Yeah they make them, just don't know if you can buy them. They had it on the concept Bronco. That platform it was only over the shell and nothing over the seats.

OP
OP
2DrBD2.7

2DrBD2.7

Black Diamond
First Name
Marc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘19 TRD 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Yeah they make them, just don't know if you can buy them. They had it on the concept Bronco. That platform it was only over the shell and nothing over the seats.
That’s exactly what I’d like and I’ve seen and can find pics online just not a dealer!

WuNgUn

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2 door Squatched
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

2 door definitely needs the rails for the crossbars to work.
4 door has the double crossbar slots for half rack but yeah, only ever seen it in pics

da_jokker

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JKUR
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

That’s exactly what I’d like and I’ve seen and can find pics online just not a dealer!
Well SEMA it's just around the corner, so let's hope that it has some solutions and they don't cost $3k :)

Sponsored

Beach_Bum

Black Diamond
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Black Diamond Bronco, 2023 Outerbanks Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

This was on a demo that just sold today. It requires the Yakima rack in addition to the roof rails. The Yakima rack was $870 (rounded) alone.

Ford Bronco Roof rack for back half of a 2dr Yakima Rack

Ford Bronco Roof rack for back half of a 2dr Yakima Rack2

BroncoKong Jr.

Badlands
First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Rhino Rack will be at SEMA with a Bronco so expect them to debut their Backbone there. It will require drilling through your hard top, of course.

Ford is not making that rack and Yakima is not making that platform.

thesocalexplorer

Big Bend
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Bumpin' this back up. Anyone know of any half-racks that are released / in the works for the 2Dr?

Installed my sunrider, but would still love to have a half rack for some extra cargo capacity when camping, etc.

Aman

Badlands
First Name
Aman
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1998 M3, 2008 Armada, and 2022 Badlands ManSquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Bumpin' this back up. Anyone know of any half-racks that are released / in the works for the 2Dr?

Installed my sunrider, but would still love to have a half rack for some extra cargo capacity when camping, etc.
I think it was @JcrOffroad who mentioned they have a one in the works. Originally said it would require drilling into the hard top, but came back later and stated they have solution that will not require drilling.

A full rack renders my Sunrider unusable, so I hope they announce something soon. 🤞

thesocalexplorer

Big Bend
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I think it was @JcrOffroad who mentioned they have a one in the works. Originally said it would require drilling into the hard top, but came back later and stated they have solution that will not require drilling.

A full rack renders my Sunrider unusable, so I hope they announce something soon. 🤞
Awesome, appreciate it!
Sponsored