Mabett’s new 4pc Interior light set and installation

irishkpo

Raptor
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'91 300ZX TT, '23 BRaptor, '24 HLE 2dr soon.....
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

Help please -

I just installed the four piece set along with the Rear Dome light.

I CANNOT GET THE FOUR PIECE TO SHUT OFF.

Rear light works just fine like the factory lights. However no matter what I try the four piece set stays on. I've closed the doors locked the truck and the rear dome shuts off. However the four piece set stays on. I've walked away for 5+ minutes and they are still on.

Needless to say I had to unplug them since they are eventually going to drain my battery.
Sponsored

OP
OP
Wildfire1

Wildfire1

Outer Banks
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1993 GMC 4X4 / 2012 Mustang convert
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Help please -

Rear light works just fine like the factory lights. However no matter what I try the four piece set stays on. I've closed the doors locked the truck and the rear dome shuts off. However the four piece set stays on. I've walked away for 5+ minutes and they are still on.

Needless to say I had to unplug them since they are eventually going to drain my battery.
Try turning off the map light switch on the passenger side. You can control them from there as well.

ByrdDogX

Badlands
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Help please -

I had to disconnect my negative battery cable. Then I set the dash brightness to full and I haven't had the problem since. Well other then them coming on several seconds late or not at all but have not had them stay on again where you couldn't turn them off.

Sponsored

HammerNQuill

Wildtrak
First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Jeep Liberty Latitude
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

As mentioned in the video. I remember the IAG lights and all its wiring and installed the Mabett ones. The mabett lights are all dark smoked and you have to look hard to even see them in the cab, they are just as bright and plus they all can be controlled via the map light switch.

IMG_0322.jpeg
Thanks for the pic - I was wondering if the straps would interfere with the lenses. Looks good (y)

irishkpo

Raptor
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'91 300ZX TT, '23 BRaptor, '24 HLE 2dr soon.....
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

@Wildfire1 AND @ByrdDogX,
Thanks for the tips. Tried them and they still will not shut off when I have them connected in. They simply stay on ALL the time. They don't care what combination of the front map lights I try or what doors I open or close or where the Brightness of the interior lights is set at. Heck even tried inside the garage in the dark and outside in the sunshine to see if it was something with the auto headlight switch. It really has me confounded.....

I've shut the doors, locked them. Watched the other interior lights including the Mabett Rear Dome shut off but the four lights just stay on. Come back 15 minutes later and then again 30 min later and they are still on.

The Mabett Rear Dome works just fine with the four piece lights plugged into the circuit or with the 4 piece splice taken out of the circuit.

I've at this point just removed them from the circuit and have the power connected back to the dome light since they don't seem to function properly. I can't afford the dead battery....

ByrdDogX

Badlands
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

@Wildfire1 AND @ByrdDogX,
Thanks for the tips. Tried them and they still will not shut off when I have them connected in. They simply stay on ALL the time. They don't care what combination of the front map lights I try or what doors I open or close or where the Brightness of the interior lights is set at. Heck even tried inside the garage in the dark and outside in the sunshine to see if it was something with the auto headlight switch. It really has me confounded.....

I've shut the doors, locked them. Watched the other interior lights including the Mabett Rear Dome shut off but the four lights just stay on. Come back 15 minutes later and then again 30 min later and they are still on.

The Mabett Rear Dome works just fine with the four piece lights plugged into the circuit or with the 4 piece splice taken out of the circuit.

I've at this point just removed them from the circuit and have the power connected back to the dome light since they don't seem to function properly. I can't afford the dead battery....
I haven't had them stay on sincere but they are erratic at times. Love the concept, just hope they can iron out the bugs.

4avor8ntfair

Badlands
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BL-non SAS, 2.3 auto
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Stromad

Badlands
First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Badlands 4dr 2.7L
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
@Mabett Any updates on the lights only working with interior ambient/screen lighting set to 100% and not fading off with the interior lights (instant off)? I purchased a set and waiting to install, but will return within the return window if there is no fix and/or if a hardware update is needed.

Sponsored

Jebster

Badlands
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda ridgeline
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I had a similar question. Have a set purchased but didn't install because of this issue. I'm probably outside the return window by now so I feel like I'm stuck with a lemon.

Stripes136

Badlands
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I have to agree that this product is a much needed item for the Bronco. First posted video was great. I took a couple before and after pics in the video below if anyone is on the fence about purchasing them. They definitely help if you have kids😳

Jebster

Badlands
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda ridgeline
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I have to agree that this product is a much needed item for the Bronco. First posted video was great. I took a couple before and after pics in the video below if anyone is on the fence about purchasing them. They definitely help if you have kids😳

I agree this is needed, which is why I bought a set. But I'm not looking to install if it requires me to keep my interior lights at max in order for the product to work.

Mabett

Black Diamond
Squatch Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
Mabett
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
@Mabett Any updates on the lights only working with interior ambient/screen lighting set to 100% and not fading off with the interior lights (instant off)? I purchased a set and waiting to install, but will return within the return window if there is no fix and/or if a hardware update is needed.
We have already made upgrades, and currently, there won't be any issues regarding this.

Jebster

Badlands
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda ridgeline
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

We have already made upgrades, and currently, there won't be any issues regarding this.
That is great to hear. Will you be providing some type of replacement part for those of us who already purchased?
Sponsored