Sponsored

Mabett Cargo Sidewall Protector (4 Door)

mapletonpd

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Badlands 4dr Manual
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Well, we all know the plastic in these things scratches if the wind blows wrong. Decided to try something to protect the back cargo area which I have somehow prevented myself from tearing up to this point. Only one big gouge from a soft sided cooler (yikes).

Anyway, picked the Mabett Cargo Sidewall Protectors from Amazon for 40 bucks.

To start, I laid them in my driveway flat in the sun for a few hours to remove the creases. Then I test fit them, and finally added the provided stick on Velcro. The entire rear of the panels will stick to Velcro, so placement is your choice. I focused on sides and tops. I placed ALL the pieces on, and did a few test fits, then I started removing the protective paper at the back and stuck it down, then worked my way forward.

I don't think these look all that great but certainly better than tearing up the rear of my truck with a cooler and I think they will provide some protection. They seem easily to clean and the stick on Velcro seems like it will come off ok when I need to remove it.

I'll be keeping an eye out for a better solution (something that fit in there that was actually molded to the shape of the panels would be ideal!)

Let me know what you all think or if you've seen any better options.

Ford Bronco Mabett Cargo Sidewall Protector (4 Door) IMG_7799
Ford Bronco Mabett Cargo Sidewall Protector (4 Door) IMG_7800
Ford Bronco Mabett Cargo Sidewall Protector (4 Door) IMG_7802
Ford Bronco Mabett Cargo Sidewall Protector (4 Door) IMG_7801
Sponsored

604Bronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bronco6g.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Interesting concept...

I'm also not wanting to scratch the plastic, but it's a Bronco, and if the rear plastic gets scuffed a bit I'm not losing any sleep. I would usually just put a towel or something there if I was concerned about something sliding around and scuffing it.

At the end of the day your side covers will do the trick, and are easy enough to replace or remove down the road if you chose.

OP
OP
mapletonpd

mapletonpd

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Badlands 4dr Manual
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Interesting concept...

I'm also not wanting to scratch the plastic, but it's a Bronco, and if the rear plastic gets scuffed a bit I'm not losing any sleep. I would usually just put a towel or something there if I was concerned about something sliding around and scuffing it.

At the end of the day your side covers will do the trick, and are easy enough to replace or remove down the road if you chose.
Yeah, seems like a cheap enough investment to provide a little protection since it wasn't so far gone. I'd like to eventually add some molle panels or something that have form and function.

604Bronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bronco6g.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Yeah, seems like a cheap enough investment to provide a little protection since it wasn't so far gone. I'd like to eventually add some molle panels or something that have form and function.
There's some options already out there for the molle panels. I do think that's the ultimate option - functional but offers protection too. I didn't consider that as I have the slide out security drawer in my Bronco, so my options are a little more limited.

OP
OP
mapletonpd

mapletonpd

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Badlands 4dr Manual
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
There's some options already out there for the molle panels. I do think that's the ultimate option - functional but offers protection too. I didn't consider that as I have the slide out security drawer in my Bronco, so my options are a little more limited.
Yeah. I've seen them, sadly a bit more expensive than $40 :)

Sponsored

MileHighWT

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Oxford White Bronco Wildtrack
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
hate to say it but I'd rather look at scratched panels than look at those every time I open the gate

OP
OP
mapletonpd

mapletonpd

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Badlands 4dr Manual
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
hate to say it but I'd rather look at scratched panels than look at those every time I open the gate
Hahaha - I have to say they stand out way more in the photos. They kind of blend in in person.

OP
OP
mapletonpd

mapletonpd

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Badlands 4dr Manual
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

Sponsored

guyparker

Base
First Name
Guy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'71 Bronco, '21 Base Sas & '22 Big Bend Sas 4-drs
Your Bronco Model
Base
Nice! Yeah, these are just a temporary cheap solution until I find something that looks better and provides better protection.

Please post back in here how the install goes w/ those, the price looks right!
Okay,got them installed this morning. Took longer than I had hoped, about two hours. Some trial and error on how things went together. That doesn't count the hour I spent at Lowes yesterday buying screws, washers and nuts that were not included.

The one installed is the second one I ordered. I returned the first one because parts were missing. They sent a second one and it was missing all of the screws, washers and nuts. Ergo the trip to Lowes.

Fits good and is solid. Only problem was I couldn't get one of the screws back in for the tie-down loops (photo attached). No big deal, it's in there tight with one screw and frankly I never use them.
Ford Bronco Mabett Cargo Sidewall Protector (4 Door) tempImageTYM75P
Ford Bronco Mabett Cargo Sidewall Protector (4 Door) tempImageGHjzn8
Ford Bronco Mabett Cargo Sidewall Protector (4 Door) tempImage9xXEt0
Ford Bronco Mabett Cargo Sidewall Protector (4 Door) tempImageTYM75P
Ford Bronco Mabett Cargo Sidewall Protector (4 Door) tempImageGHjzn8
Ford Bronco Mabett Cargo Sidewall Protector (4 Door) tempImage9xXEt0
Ford Bronco Mabett Cargo Sidewall Protector (4 Door) IMG_1806

joeb

Wildtrak
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FJ Cruiser
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Yeah, was thinking ppf also. But, I think the plastic is "textured" a bit so the longevity of the adhesion may be questionable.

Not sure.

OP
OP
mapletonpd

mapletonpd

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Badlands 4dr Manual
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
This loo
Okay,got them installed this morning. Took longer than I had hoped, about two hours. Some trial and error on how things went together. That doesn't count the hour I spent at Lowes yesterday buying screws, washers and nuts that were not included.

The one installed is the second one I ordered. I returned the first one because parts were missing. They sent a second one and it was missing all of the screws, washers and nuts. Ergo the trip to Lowes.

Fits good and is solid. Only problem was I couldn't get one of the screws back in for the tie-down loops (photo attached). No big deal, it's in there tight with one screw and frankly I never use them.
Looks great! How solid are the pieces? Do they have any flex or bend when you push on them?

OP
OP
mapletonpd

mapletonpd

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Badlands 4dr Manual
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

Also, I notice you were able to get the covers back over the hard top bolts, how hard was that one of the reviews on amazon said they couldn't get those snap off covers back on, I assumed they bolted on to there or something.

guyparker

Base
First Name
Guy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'71 Bronco, '21 Base Sas & '22 Big Bend Sas 4-drs
Your Bronco Model
Base
Also, I notice you were able to get the covers back over the hard top bolts, how hard was that one of the reviews on amazon said they couldn't get those snap off covers back on, I assumed they bolted on to there or something.
Overall, after all the BS, it's very solid. Ran around town all afternoon at all speeds and no rattles. And feels very solid when you grab on it and pull. I bought velcro molle straps to attach items that I'll do this week.

I have a soft top, so not sure what you're asking about. But I think the bolts you're referring to fit inside the width of the top.
Sponsored