Sponsored

Mabett Cargo Sidewall Protector (4 Door)

OP
OP
mapletonpd

mapletonpd

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Badlands 4dr Manual
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Overall, after all the BS, it's very solid. Ran around town all afternoon at all speeds and no rattles. And feels very solid when you grab on it and pull. I bought velcro molle straps to attach items that I'll do this week.

I have a soft top, so not sure what you're asking about. But I think the bolts you're referring to fit inside the width of the top.
Was talking about these little snap off panels here (outlined in orange) - on the amazon product page they don't show them installed - but glad to see you can leave them on!

Ford Bronco Mabett Cargo Sidewall Protector (4 Door) 1688951905056
Sponsored

guyparker

Base
First Name
Guy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'71 Bronco, '21 Base Sas & '22 Big Bend Sas 4-drs
Your Bronco Model
Base
Was talking about these little snap off panels here (outlined in orange) - on the amazon product page they don't show them installed - but glad to see you can leave them on!

Oh yeah, they can stay.

guyparker

Base
First Name
Guy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base

Also, side note, I Cerkoted the panels before I installed everything. I figured it would be the last chance to do that.

Bellime

Outer Banks
First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Well, we all know the plastic in these things scratches if the wind blows wrong. Decided to try something to protect the back cargo area which I have somehow prevented myself from tearing up to this point. Only one big gouge from a soft sided cooler (yikes).

Anyway, picked the Mabett Cargo Sidewall Protectors from Amazon for 40 bucks.

To start, I laid them in my driveway flat in the sun for a few hours to remove the creases. Then I test fit them, and finally added the provided stick on Velcro. The entire rear of the panels will stick to Velcro, so placement is your choice. I focused on sides and tops. I placed ALL the pieces on, and did a few test fits, then I started removing the protective paper at the back and stuck it down, then worked my way forward.

I don't think these look all that great but certainly better than tearing up the rear of my truck with a cooler and I think they will provide some protection. They seem easily to clean and the stick on Velcro seems like it will come off ok when I need to remove it.

I'll be keeping an eye out for a better solution (something that fit in there that was actually molded to the shape of the panels would be ideal!)

Let me know what you all think or if you've seen any better options.

They should make the surface Velcro friendly, so you can stick stuff to it.

Sponsored

Mikey1287

Wildtrak
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Bronco, 72 Mach, 03 Mach, 69 Mach, 08 Harley
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

OP
OP
mapletonpd

mapletonpd

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Badlands 4dr Manual
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

guyparker

Base
First Name
Guy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Edit: I was throwing the packaging out today and found the "missing" screws and fasteners. They were trapped under a flap in the bottom of the box. I should've torn the box apart when I first got it!

KANE COUNTY ILLINOIS

Big Bend
First Name
SAL
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GMC YUKON
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Well, we all know the plastic in these things scratches if the wind blows wrong. Decided to try something to protect the back cargo area which I have somehow prevented myself from tearing up to this point. Only one big gouge from a soft sided cooler (yikes).

Anyway, picked the Mabett Cargo Sidewall Protectors from Amazon for 40 bucks.

To start, I laid them in my driveway flat in the sun for a few hours to remove the creases. Then I test fit them, and finally added the provided stick on Velcro. The entire rear of the panels will stick to Velcro, so placement is your choice. I focused on sides and tops. I placed ALL the pieces on, and did a few test fits, then I started removing the protective paper at the back and stuck it down, then worked my way forward.

I don't think these look all that great but certainly better than tearing up the rear of my truck with a cooler and I think they will provide some protection. They seem easily to clean and the stick on Velcro seems like it will come off ok when I need to remove it.

I'll be keeping an eye out for a better solution (something that fit in there that was actually molded to the shape of the panels would be ideal!)

Let me know what you all think or if you've seen any better options.

Ford Bronco Mabett Cargo Sidewall Protector (4 Door) overlandin
Thanks for the info/pics. I recently bought this, too, because of the easy damage to the rear plastic pieces. Hope to install them soon!

Skott

Wildtrak
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I'm OCD about scratching the interior panels as well. Went with this molle panel from Builtright Industries in my 2 door. Only did the driver side for now.
Easy to install and very solid.

https://builtrightind.com/collections/2021-ford-bronco-accessories

Digging this solution vs. the 'overseas' solution. Quick question: How can you access the hard top connection plug and wiper fluid hose connection plug with this panel installed? Are you able to connect those two with no issue?

Thanks.

Sponsored

Mikey1287

Wildtrak
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Bronco, 72 Mach, 03 Mach, 69 Mach, 08 Harley
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Honestly haven't tried that yet. The top of the panel mounts where the two bolts for the hard top are. So if anything you could just loosen those two bolts and pull the panel back a little to access.
At least that's what I did when installing the mounts for the hatchet and fire extinguisher.

Builtright has great customer service and could probably answer any questions better than I can. ha.

Digging this solution vs. the 'overseas' solution. Quick question: How can you access the hard top connection plug and wiper fluid hose connection plug with this panel installed? Are you able to connect those two with no issue?

Thanks.

OP
OP
mapletonpd

mapletonpd

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Badlands 4dr Manual
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Honestly haven't tried that yet. The top of the panel mounts where the two bolts for the hard top are. So if anything you could just loosen those two bolts and pull the panel back a little to access.
At least that's what I did when installing the mounts for the hatchet and fire extinguisher.

Builtright has great customer service and could probably answer any questions better than I can. ha.
I just walked out and checked, and I'd be concerned about the fit of this panel with the soft top. it would need to go UNDER the portion of the soft top frame where it connects to the body of the Bronco and I don't think there would be space. Would def check with them before ordering.
Sponsored