Rudy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I purchased these when they first came out. Great fog lights until I noticed an issue yesterday. I have them wired to Aux 1 for amber and Aux 2 for white. Amber works perfectly. Aux 2 lights 3 of 4 lights in amber only and I light will not light at all. Pass outboard. Yet they all work in amber on aux 1. I checked wiring and all is well and no lights are broken. Any additional suggestions on how to address ? Thank you for your help.
Sponsored

TrailRaider

Badlands
First Name
Mr. G
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Focus ST, Mitsubishi Montero, Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

My only suggestion is to recheck wiring at every connection, including the wiring on the lights themselves. I have mine hooked to 5 and 6, they draw well below the rating for even those switches. 6 turns on all 4 white, 5 turns on all 4 amber. If 5 and 6 is on at the same time, amber overrides white, regardless of order of operation. Run 12V directly to each light one at a time for amber and white to verify its not the bulbs.
I attached the wiring from the cab side to one side of a 6 fuse marine block and the out side to the fuse panel wiring bundle. That way I can easily swap wiring around to whichever switch I want a particular function on.

Eroc88

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

If they were working fine until now, it's not the wiring. I'm sure moisture got into the fog light housing and burned out the actual LED. I had the same issue when I had them installed.

fiatlux

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Volvo V60 T8 Polestar Engineered
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I have a similar issue at the 11 month mark. The whites all light up, but the amber on the inner passenger side light doesn't light up anymore. Wiring looks good, so I'm thinking it's the bulb. @Mabett any thoughts?

OP
OP
rpaluch1

rpaluch1

Outer Banks
First Name
Rudy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Send a PM to Mabett. I sent them a short video of what was going on and they replaced my lights. They are outstanding to work with.

Sponsored

Gotchaa

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tesla
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I have a similar issue at the 11 month mark. The whites all light up, but the amber on the inner passenger side light doesn't light up anymore. Wiring looks good, so I'm thinking it's the bulb. @Mabett any thoughts?
Same thing here I am 8 months in my outer light went out for amber, white works fine. However I have moisture in both, so it’s not long before the other goes out as well.

these lights look great but they are not built for wheeling and long term use. The price reflects the quality.

if you drive around town you probably will get a year out of them before one goes south.

Mabett

Black Diamond
Squatch Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
Mabett
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Hi guys

Any problems, please directly send me a PM.

fiatlux

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Update: Mabett sent me a replacement set pretty quickly. Great customer service.

We'll see how long these lasts, but FWIW it looks like all the bulb housings are interchangeable. The housings are held in by 3 or 4 1mm hex bolts, so they're fairly easy to unbolt, swap, and bolt back on if any other bulbs burn out. The whole thing is super easy to remove and reinstall onto the bumper; takes but a couple min.

Gotchaa

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tesla
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Update: Mabett sent me a replacement set pretty quickly. Great customer service.

We'll see how long these lasts, but FWIW it looks like all the bulb housings are interchangeable. The housings are held in by 3 or 4 1mm hex bolts, so they're fairly easy to unbolt, swap, and bolt back on if any other bulbs burn out. The whole thing is super easy to remove and reinstall onto the bumper; takes but a couple min.

Did you have moisture in your housings? Mabett has said they are investigating the moisture issue. I do agree they are quick to respond, but what is the point of repeatedly swapping out after months to a year if the root cause is not determined yet.

I am not looking to repeatedly replace fogs every year.

fiatlux

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Did you have moisture in your housings? Mabett has said they are investigating the moisture issue. I do agree they are quick to respond, but what is the point of repeatedly swapping out after months to a year if the root cause is not determined yet.

I am not looking to repeatedly replace fogs every year.
No moisture for me. I cracked it open and the PCB looked fine; it's just that the orange diodes weren't getting power.

Sponsored

Gotchaa

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tesla
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

No moisture for me. I cracked it open and the PCB looked fine; it's just that the orange diodes weren't getting power.
Mine went out as well, but also had moisture in them:

And here is yellow almost out:

And here is white will some yellow on:

I can report not that yellow is completely out on one, it’s white all the time now. So I have 3 yellow and one white now.

Mabett told me they are the manufacturer of these lights but they do not support them if they are bought through third parties, mine were from 21 off-road. I believe they were purchased from there because they were in high demand when released and the only place that had stock.

TrailRaider

Badlands
First Name
Mr. G
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Focus ST, Mitsubishi Montero, Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Well it seems mine have succumbed to the dreaded moisture ingress. Currently still working (as of the drive home today), but judging from others in this thread, it's only a matter of time before the poof. @Mabett what is the warranty period for these fog lights? I purchased them via your Amazon store just after memorial day of 2023.

Mabett

Black Diamond
First Name
Mabett
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
1 year warranty.

Mabett

Black Diamond
First Name
Mabett
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Well it seems mine have succumbed to the dreaded moisture ingress. Currently still working (as of the drive home today), but judging from others in this thread, it's only a matter of time before the poof. @Mabett what is the warranty period for these fog lights? I purchased them via your Amazon store just after memorial day of 2023.
1 year warranty.

Gotchaa

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tesla
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

These came out and looked great and the price was good too. Now we know why the other companies, like Rigid, Diode Dynamics, and Baja Designs have 8 to lifetime warranty on their lights. I ended up pulling out these and put some DDs in. Not worth the hassle to deal with it.

Also I got no confirmation that these are manufactured by Mabett. But based on the fact that mine were from another reseller and they are all having the same exact issues, they must all be coming from the same factory in China being sold to multiple resellers. Nobody wants to reveal the manufacturer. I rather spend time wheeling than deal with short term life parts.
Sponsored