Sponsored

Mabett Sight LED Light Installed BUT……..

OP
OP
Wildfire1

Wildfire1

Outer Banks
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1993 GMC 4X4 / 2012 Mustang convert
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Great video and followup investigation. One thing I noticed in the few videos that show the trail sights wired to the headlights is that the headlights have a fast flicker. At least on the video. So my current plan is to wire them to the fuse box and just have the trail lights on at all times. With DRL on anyway the only difference should be no turn signal lights on the trail sights. Advise if I’m missing something.
Actually the led flicker is caused by the camera. If you could change the shutter speed you could stop the flicker. There’s nothing you can do with the led portion to stop the flicker other than turn them off lol. My trail sights are on now that I have them wired to the fuse box. This is where I tapped into.

IMG_4577.jpg
Sponsored

OP
OP
Wildfire1

Wildfire1

Outer Banks
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I installed mine yesterday. Just used the headlight adapter cable. It really isn't all that bright in daylight so why bother with the 12v, looks great with the headlights on.
I agree to a certain point but even on a cloudy day they are nice to see on. After I found the issue I went back and fixed the issue and now they work as designed. They come on as soon as you start the Bronco, day or night. They are a nice accessory.

Dadsquatch

Outer Banks
First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I completely bypassed the headlight plug-n-play harness and the other add-a-fuse harness and did my own custom harness for a few reasons:

1.) I already had the SPV headlight plug-n-play harness installed that taps the running/parking light circuit, so I didn’t need to tap it again with what Mabett provided.
2.) I only wanted these for the marker light look, and not the sequential turn-signal feature. Although the sequential turn signal is cool, I felt it was just too much blinking at the front of the Bronco since the normal turn signal is also right there. One was enough for me, and I like the stock one enough.
3.) I didn't want them on during the day for DRL, as I felt they weren't bright enough during the day to really notice anyway (especially here in the AZ sun).

Brutal-Force

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Sadlly, the wiring job that Mabett did is kind of crap. They neither loomed/ziptied or heatshrinked the wiring. This increases the chance that a wire could get pulled out of the connector. Not to mension the connector is crap if they pin can get unlocked. Sadly something a quality $2 delphi connector would have solved. I am assuming that is a diode inline with the power side. they could have reduced all of that wiring and heat shrink the diode inline.

OP
OP
Wildfire1

Wildfire1

Outer Banks
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Sadlly, the wiring job that Mabett did is kind of crap. They neither loomed/ziptied or heatshrinked the wiring. This increases the chance that a wire could get pulled out of the connector. Not to mension the connector is crap if they pin can get unlocked. Sadly something a quality $2 delphi connector would have solved. I am assuming that is a diode inline with the power side. they could have reduced all of that wiring and heat shrink the diode inline.
No diode in there. Personally the only issue I found was in the pins housing. Remember, the more they put into these things the higher the cost. I think they did an exceptional job actually and the only small issue ‘I found I let this know about. I sent him this.
Mabett is a great guy and an honest hard working guy. He’s trying to supply Bronco accessories at a reasonable price but there’s always a compromise in doing so.

IMG_4447.jpeg

Sponsored

dvnorton

Badlands
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Badlands 7-spd
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Actually the led flicker is caused by the camera. If you could change the shutter speed you could stop the flicker. There’s nothing you can do with the led portion to stop the flicker other than turn them off lol. My trail sights are on now that I have them wired to the fuse box. This is where I tapped into.

Ford Bronco Mabett Sight LED Light Installed BUT…….. IMG_4447
I used the same location for mine, but I've developed a slow energy leak. If I don't start the car for a day or two, I start getting low battery messages from FordPass and by day 3 my battery is totally dead. The lights are not lit when the car is off. Any ideas?

OP
OP
Wildfire1

Wildfire1

Outer Banks
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I used the same location for mine, but I've developed a slow energy leak. If I don't start the car for a day or two, I start getting low battery messages from FordPass and by day 3 my battery is totally dead. The lights are not lit when the car is off. Any ideas?
If your suspecting the location where you tapped in is at fault you could just unplug it for 3-4 days to see if the draw stops. This test is faster with the DVM but you’d need to know the process. I suspect your issue with the draw is caused by something else. Mine never did it.

dvnorton

Badlands
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Badlands 7-spd
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
If your suspecting the location where you tapped in is at fault you could just unplug it for 3-4 days to see if the draw stops. This test is faster with the DVM but you’d need to know the process. I suspect your issue with the draw is caused by something else. Mine never did it.
Turns out it was the passenger door control module. Learned a limitation of the electronic parking brake the hard way -- it was parked head-in to my garage and battery was so dead I couldn't release the brake to roll it out and jump it. Had to call roadside assistance...

OP
OP
Wildfire1

Wildfire1

Outer Banks
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Turns out it was the passenger door control module. Learned a limitation of the electronic parking brake the hard way -- it was parked head-in to my garage and battery was so dead I couldn't release the brake to roll it out and jump it. Had to call roadside assistance...
Good lord. These things are crazy to own sometimes. At least you found it 👍
Sponsored