Sponsored

Mabett Sight LED Light Installed BUT……..

Wildfire1

Outer Banks
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1993 GMC 4X4 / 2012 Mustang convert
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Well I got the Mabett for Bronco 2021 2022 Design lights installed today BUT I ran into an issue half way through.

As promised I said I would let you know how it all worked out. This is a fantastic product but there’s an issue that I have discovered during the install.

I will do an update when I talk to @Mabett

It’s an easy fix and we’ll call it a ”Tech Tip” that can be easily performed during the installation process.

I had this video launched before I found the fix so I will do a follow up.

So as it stands right now the Mabett Sight LED Lights works with the lights off and on.

The signals work both in the day time and the night. I’m very happy with this product.

Sponsored

Sandbergo

Outer Banks
First Name
Jelani & Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Rogue
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Waiting on someone to release an entire grill made of LED’s haha. The sights look nice.

Sponsored

Eroc88

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I think you need more led accents.

3_Dragons

Outer Banks
First Name
Shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I’m curious to the fix. I will be installing mine tomorrow. TIA

JB4Bronco

Wildtrak
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford f 150
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Thanks for the video. I bought a set of these, sitting in my garage, not sure if I want to install or return them.

Browp24

Outer Banks
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Looks good. Where did you get the white light bar that is right above your grill?

Sponsored

plogan1379

Wildtrak
First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ioniq 5
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
So from what I gathered in the video is that they work and the fix is to just forget the 12v wiring (and this is only because your particular one failed) and use plug and play only? And if I am understanding all that really does anyhow I’d have them on when DRL is on?
I have these and waiting to install and just want to make sure I understand. Looked like your deflector lights would not come on as well, so I guess they have the same issue…like you said though, if they are not that bright to see in daylight probably no big deal.
Good video thank you.

TheShark

Wildtrak
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco 4DR Wildtrak, 2023 Maverick XLT FX4
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I installed mine yesterday. Just used the headlight adapter cable. It really isn't all that bright in daylight so why bother with the 12v, looks great with the headlights on.

JC2DR

Base
First Name
Joseph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Base 2dr 2.3 7speed
Your Bronco Model
Base
Thanks for that video. Looks Great. I agree with others. No need to have them on in the day. Just with the headlights works fine. That hood line white light is fun. Where was that from?

OP
OP
Wildfire1

Wildfire1

Outer Banks
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1993 GMC 4X4 / 2012 Mustang convert
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Mabett LED Sight Lights Product Information Report

Guys the two small red wiring with the fuse holder that comes with this kit is so that once installed your LED Sight Lights (both park and signal) will work during the day and night. With out them hooked up you’ll need to turn on your headlights during the day.
If you decide to us this small red wire you’ll also need to use the two short mini harnesses that’s supplied. The issue I discovered was sometimes the pins can become unlocked in the plug causing the wires not to connect so I attached this photo. I rechecked mine and sure enough the pin was unlocked and not making contact. Now that I discover the issue it all works as it should and I just love these LED Mabett Sight Lights

IMG_4447.jpeg

rpaluch1

Outer Banks
First Name
Rudy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Thanks for that video. Looks Great. I agree with others. No need to have them on in the day. Just with the headlights works fine. That hood line white light is fun. Where was that from?
Mabett LED Sight Lights Product Information Report

Guys the two small red wiring with the fuse holder that comes with this kit is so that once installed your LED Sight Lights (both park and signal) will work during the day and night. With out them hooked up you’ll need to turn on your headlights during the day.
If you decide to us this small red wire you’ll also need to use the two short mini harnesses that’s supplied. The issue I discovered was sometimes the pins can become unlocked in the plug causing the wires not to connect so I attached this photo. I rechecked mine and sure enough the pin was unlocked and not making contact. Now that I discover the issue it all works as it should and I just love these LED Mabett Sight Lights

IMG_4447.jpeg
Great video and followup investigation. One thing I noticed in the few videos that show the trail sights wired to the headlights is that the headlights have a fast flicker. At least on the video. So my current plan is to wire them to the fuse box and just have the trail lights on at all times. With DRL on anyway the only difference should be no turn signal lights on the trail sights. Advise if I’m missing something.
Sponsored