bajabronco57

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
It looks good and I know that is a solid Ford blue but it just reminds me of an FJ so much.

bodie_38

First Name
Bodie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Cadillac ELR, Mazda CX-5
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

I like it! Great job on the grill. Love the no tint. Only changes I think would look better is chrome door handles and mirror caps, chrome bumpers (if you could find them) or at least black powdercoat steel. I might want white (or body color?) flares.
Black plastic anywhere is the bane of all retro looks.

NVCowboy

Big Bend
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2002 F350. 2022 Big Bend (Sasquatch)
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
As a future owner who has absolutely no intent of changing the grille color, THIS needs to be the standard for the edge treatment of all grille color changes. Even when you look at gen one Broncos, the body line that is the edge of the 6G grille is body color. Well done!!

Sponsored

RedHotFuzz

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Black Diamond 4D
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
3. Wheels are 17x7 Wheelsmith custom orders. Big thanks to forum member Aardvark122 for sharing his journey on wheels which led to Wheelsmith Wheels out of California. Wanted a smoothie style wheel and did not want any poke. As many of you know, this created problems because you literally cannot find any smoothie/old school wheels with the kind of positive offset needed to avoid poke. Thankfully, Wheelsmith makes them pretty much however you want, and were great to work with as well.

DSC_0280.jpg
I wonder if Wheelsmith has the ability to go even more "custom" with their wheel designs. I love the Rat Rod wheels from US Wheel but they only come in 0 offset.

Ford Bronco MachOneGarage's Four Door Retro Sport Build us_wheels_ratrod_wheel_5lug_white_chrome_lip_16x5-500-Cloned-43340389023449075

OP
OP

MachOneGarage

Base
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Looks good with the exception of two extra doors. That’s not retro at all.
I agree, a 2 door would be more accurate, but unfortunately doesn’t make a lot of sense day-to-day when you have 2 young kiddos. I’ll be old and gray and be able to get the truly fun vehicles again one day!

OP
OP

MachOneGarage

Base
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
I like it! Great job on the grill. Love the no tint. Only changes I think would look better is chrome door handles and mirror caps, chrome bumpers (if you could find them) or at least black powdercoat steel. I might want white (or body color?) flares.
Black plastic anywhere is the bane of all retro looks.
The original plan actually was to do the flares white, but between seeing pics of others that had done that and mocking it up, it just looked "off". Hopefully someone figures out the right way to do it though!

OP
OP

MachOneGarage

Base
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
I wonder if Wheelsmith has the ability to go even more "custom" with their wheel designs. I love the Rat Rod wheels from US Wheel but they only come in 0 offset.

Ford Bronco MachOneGarage's Four Door Retro Sport Build us_wheels_ratrod_wheel_5lug_white_chrome_lip_16x5-500-Cloned-43340389023449075
I could not tell you how many hours were spent researching wheel options, only to be disappointed every time a possibility was found because they were not offered in a high enough positive offset. Guarantee the total time spent had to approach 20+ hours. Thankfully, Wheelsmith was able to make what I wanted. Never hurts to inquire with them about what they can do! They were really easy to work with.

BullyHayes

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'12 Nissan Frontier Pro-4X
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Looks great! Almost exactly what I'm looking to do once I have my Bronco Very nice job.

Sponsored
OP
OP

MachOneGarage

Base
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
As a future owner who has absolutely no intent of changing the grille color, THIS needs to be the standard for the edge treatment of all grille color changes. Even when you look at gen one Broncos, the body line that is the edge of the 6G grille is body color. Well done!!
I agree! It is a simple change, but it made a huge impact in my opinion.

Also, if anyone is interested in some of the "in progress" pics, you can check them out at @MachOneGarage on Instagram - https://www.instagram.com/machonegarage/

A907Chick

Wildtrak
First Name
Kelly
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Ford Bronco Wildtrax Area 51
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

The original plan actually was to do the flares white, but between seeing pics of others that had done that and mocking it up, it just looked "off". Hopefully someone figures out the right way to do it though!
I agree most others with white flares don't flow but I think yours could be the exception. The wheels bring enough white to the lower portion of the vehicle that I think they would look awesome. If you did that, body mirrors and handles might be necessary. Maybe someone can mock it up. Either way it turned out 💯, love the look.

BudgetBronco

Base
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2003 Jeep WJ Grand Cherokee Overland
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Finally, someone painted the grill correctly for the retro look!
I agree that grille line looks great, but the key here is he used a wrap not paint for the blue part. It would be a lot harder to accomplish with paint as a DIY project.

CT203

Badlands
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'13 JK
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Wanted to share some pictures of what we will call a "retro sport" build done on a 2021 Base. Not everyone will be as pleased with the finished product as I am, but I share mostly to help out anyone else looking to do something similar - much in the same way other forum members helped shape this final product by sharing their "in progress" or finished product builds. First, the details:

1. This was a first day reservation order that was lucky enough to get in late October '21. It's a base model with the only options being: Hardtop, 2.7, aux switches, and floor mats. Ordered through Lewis Ford in Fayetteville (AR), and as expected due to dealings with them throughout the years, they were awesome! No issues, no games.

2. Color is 3m 2080 series Gloss Intense Blue. Wanted something non-metallic, with a bit of a sporty 60s/70s throwback vibe.

3. Wheels are 17x7 Wheelsmith custom orders. Big thanks to forum member Aardvark122 for sharing his journey on wheels which led to Wheelsmith Wheels out of California. Wanted a smoothie style wheel and did not want any poke. As many of you know, this created problems because you literally cannot find any smoothie/old school wheels with the kind of positive offset needed to avoid poke. Thankfully, Wheelsmith makes them pretty much however you want, and were great to work with as well.

Anyways, here it is. Let me know if I can answer any questions. Thanks!

Tires are Falken Wildpeak A/T3W - 255/80R17.

The tires are basically in line with the edge of the flares, which was the goal. Here's a pic that gives you a better view of that:

Looks great - That's pretty much what I was hoping to get when the white top was first announced. Also wanted a white interior and white roll bar. Wanted a lighter blue than this too but I like what you've done here! It looks like you might have wrapped the roll bar as well? Any pics without the top??
Sponsored