First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Anyone have an issue with the MagSafe charger working for a couple minutes then stopping? I am aware of the “comparability error” when starting the vehicle however, I’ve had mine for over a year and this just started happening. I know of a user who added a fuse/wiring and was able to circumvent the error Im thinking I need to find that post and do the same? Thanks in advance.
Sponsored

SevenFourteen

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 OBX SAS EG
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Yes, and I eventually abandoned it altogether for the Course Motorsports setup. Same charging capacity/speed, equal/perhaps slightly better magnet, and the black charger looks much better than the white.

The Course default mounting position works well, but I moved the charging head up to the end of the 67D arm. Now I have a great magnetic charging setup in an even better position.

You need a 20mm-to-17mm ball converter to complete the setup to the 67D arm, but that’s a $13 piece from Trackform via Amazon.

Ibuprofen3293

Badlands
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22MY Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I really like my Course mag mount for its looks and quality, but even plugged into the USB-C below the HVAC controls, it still feels like it charges too slowly. Anyone figure out how to get it send the full 15W (or something close)?

LiftedPony

Wildtrak
First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wildtrak 4dr, Porsche GT4, Porsche Macan GTS
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I really like my Course mag mount for its looks and quality, but even plugged into the USB-C below the HVAC controls, it still feels like it charges too slowly. Anyone figure out how to get it send the full 15W (or something close)?
If you are charging an iPhone, the only wireless charger that will give you faster charging is Apple’s own “MagSafe Charger” which outputs 15W. Anything else, including Course, factory wireless or any other fancy brand out there will max out at likely 7.5W regardless if plugged in to USB-C fast charge outlet.

Ibuprofen3293

Badlands
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22MY Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

If you are charging an iPhone, the only wireless charger that will give you faster charging is Apple’s own “MagSafe Charger” which outputs 15W. Anything else, including Course, factory wireless or any other fancy brand out there will max out at likely 7.5W regardless if plugged in to USB-C fast charge outlet.
Ahh, thanks! I should have done more research before dropping $100 on a charger that is only slightly faster than the stock one—which is slow enough that I can arrive at my destination with less charge than I started with.

Sponsored

LiftedPony

Wildtrak
First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wildtrak 4dr, Porsche GT4, Porsche Macan GTS
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I hear you on the, Not the easiest solution, but there is another thread with instructions on how to install an Apple MagSafe charger in place of the factory wireless charger tray:

https://www.bronco6g.com/forum/thre...harger-install-in-factory-location-diy.32069/

Side note: I’m likely going to buy the Course Motorsport center console mount as well but to use the 17mm ball to mount my Ford Performance ProCal 4 Tuner

OP
OP
PghBronco

PghBronco

Black Diamond
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Yes, and I eventually abandoned it altogether for the Course Motorsports setup. Same charging capacity/speed, equal/perhaps slightly better magnet, and the black charger looks much better than the white.

The Course default mounting position works well, but I moved the charging head up to the end of the 67D arm. Now I have a great magnetic charging setup in an even better position.
I did notice, I had wireless Apple play but when I disconnected my phone this morning it told me to connect usb to use carplay
You need a 20mm-to-17mm ball converter to complete the setup to the 67D arm, but that’s a $13 piece from Trackform via Amazon.
I’ll look into this charger. I have the Apple one that I sold a kidney for. I disconnected it from usb c (under radio) and plugged in back. Same thing happened works for a minute then stops. So I grabbed my lightening one and that works (both ports)

my mount is a clampon the lower handle. It has a ball attached to it followed by an arm then the mag holder. Wife got it for Xmas.No idea what brand though.

OP
OP
PghBronco

PghBronco

Black Diamond
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I hear you on the, Not the easiest solution, but there is another thread with instructions on how to install an Apple MagSafe charger in place of the factory wireless charger tray:

https://www.bronco6g.com/forum/thre...harger-install-in-factory-location-diy.32069/

Side note: I’m likely going to buy the Course Motorsport center console mount as well but to use the 17mm ball to mount my Ford Performance ProCal 4 Tuner
Thanks that’s the post I was trying to find where he added something to the bronco which stopped the error message

OP
OP
PghBronco

PghBronco

Black Diamond
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I just saw that course mount. Man I’m a fan. Saved for later when my Chinese one breaks
Sponsored