Virgil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

So I made a NEWBIE mistake and pull too high of RPM in manual mode shifting from 1st to 2nd gear. I got a few seconds of on dash screen warning about it and now first gear isn't functioning. Dealer tested transmission out and everything checks out 100% okay. Drives fine except now in automatic (A) mode vehicle now shifts at 8 MPH from 2nd to 3rd (rather than at 4 MPH from 1st to 2nd). In manual (M) mode I can shift to either 1st or 2nd gear and accelerate. Any ideas out there on how to find and fix the problem?
Sponsored

Ducati1098

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Wildtrak, 2012 Ford Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

So you're saying it's starting off in 2nd gear in Drive?

OP
OP

BroncoG6

Wildtrak
First Name
Virgil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Yes, that's exactly what I'm saying.

Ducati1098

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Yes, that's exactly what I'm saying.
How are you watching gear indication in drive? That's seems very unlikely. The transmission would throw a hard fault instantly for incorrect gear ratio if that were the case.

OP
OP

BroncoG6

Wildtrak
First Name
Virgil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

In (A) mode if you press the + or - side button the dash will display what gear you're in. I'm also cross verifying that with the FOMOCO shift specifications on the 10 speed automatic transmission. I can't say that I know with 100% accuracy what gear the transmissions is actually in all I can say is what I see and feel.

Sponsored

Ducati1098

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

If you press the +/- it will change and temporarily hold the gear selected.
So if you take off from a stop and instantly press the + button, it's going to show 2, because you just requested that shift, which I'm guessing is why you think its taking off in 2nd gear? I could be wrong, but there is no possible way the PCM is requesting to take off in 2nd gear from a dead stop without setting a fault.

Last edited:

Chrome_Pony

Badlands
First Name
Chrome
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 2.3L Badlands High, 2017 LWN Duramax Z71
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
If you press the +/- it will change and temporarily hold that gear selected.
So if you take off from a stop and instantly press the + button, it's going to show 2, because you just requested that shift, which I'm guessing is why you think its taking off in 2nd gear? I could be wrong, but there is no possible way the PCM is requesting to take off in 2nd gear from a dead stop without setting a fault.
I was just going to type this, but worse. 😅

The always on +/- is one thing I really like about the 10R60. I can command a shift for a scenario (mild grade) and then the regular trans programming kicks in automatically when I don't want manual control anymore. Seamless and functional.
Sponsored