Sponsored

Material of the bucking bronco emblem on tailgate ?

daddycreswell

Wildtrak
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Raptor, 1973 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Does anyone happen to know what the Bucking Bronco emblem on the tailgate is made of? I want to powder coat mine, but I'm not sure what material it is.
Sponsored

BudgetBronco

Base
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2003 Jeep WJ Grand Cherokee Overland
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Does anyone happen to know what the Bucking Bronco emblem on the tailgate is made of? I want to powder coat mine, but I'm not sure what material it is.
It's plastic. You'll have much better luck with painting or plasti-dip

OP
OP
daddycreswell

daddycreswell

Wildtrak
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Raptor, 1973 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

OP
OP
daddycreswell

daddycreswell

Wildtrak
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Raptor, 1973 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Sponsored

Visitor

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Midwest
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

WheresMyBronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
As you might expect, these are counterfeit. I doubt the adhesive will do any damage to your paint, but I'm not rolling the dice.

Don't let the photos of the OEM bag fool you, look at the photos in the reviews.

Also, right now you can get one from a Ford parts department for roughly the same price. So why risk it?
I bought that same one a few weeks ago when it was listed for $10 knowing that it might not be legit. Unfortunately I received a fake one as opposed to some of the reviews that got an OEM one, but surprisingly the one I received is metal. For $10, I might still mount it on there (if I ever receive my bronco) and swap it with a black OEM one if it ever starts to deteriorate.

Visitor

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Midwest
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I bought that same one a few weeks ago when it was listed for $10 knowing that it might not be legit. Unfortunately I received a fake one as opposed to some of the reviews that got an OEM one, but surprisingly the one I received is metal. For $10, I might still mount it on there (if I ever receive my bronco) and swap it with a black OEM one if it ever starts to deteriorate.
I'm in the same boat. Surprised it's metal, but not sure if I trust the "3M" tape that's on it.

Sponsored

WheresMyBronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I'm in the same boat. Surprised it's metal, but not sure if I trust the "3M" tape that's on it.
Yeah I'm also fairly confident that it's not actually 3M tape as well so I might end up replacing it before I install it if I feel like it's not good enough. I don't think it will harm the paint but I wouldn't want it to loosen up over time from the heat.

ulyssesmeads

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevrolet
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I bought tailgate letters from Jhazeauto. I bought these cause I liked the look. Did it come with prep pad or alcohol prep wipes? No! But the product is very good so far. I washed and rinsed the whole tailgate. Let dry for an hour then I used my own alcohol to rub in the letters of the truck. I let that dry then I applied each letter with good pressure for the best seal. I’ve had them for two weeks and I’ve been through the car wash. No issues at all. Bu I will report back if any.

BobN - USAF

Big Bend
First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Big Bend, 1942 Ford GPW (jeep)
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

After reading your experience I took the plunge. First I cleaned around the existing Bronco, Taped (painters tape) it off to provide me a good idea of placement. I skipped the heat gun and just used some 50lb fishing line I had laying about. Cut through about half of the tape and then I was able to just pull it off. The tape residue came off easily and then some alcohol to clean off any residue. Placement of my repro was easy and it looks good. Not a fan of chrome.

PXL_20230407_190051103.jpg

PXL_20230407_185534151.jpg

PXL_20230407_185355281.jpg

PXL_20230407_185344980.jpg

PXL_20230407_185407960.jpg
Sponsored