Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'12 F250, '21 Explorer, 22 Race Red BD
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I get these annoying pop ups (screenshot below) when I'm on the B6G site, whether I'm on my pc at home or at work. Doesn't happen with any other sites. I saw some older threads referencing this but they looked to be over a year old. Anyone else experiencing this?

Ford Bronco McAfee pop ups 1673550962523
Sponsored

Karl_in_Chicago

Badlands
First Name
Karl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Nope, never seen it, but then I'm pretty borderline paranoid when it comes to data security. Please be aware that the popup you are seeing is associated with a fairly well know scam as it's typically NOT really McAfee but some trojan that's trying to troll you into giving away info. It is indeed possible that it's a legit vestigial McAfee instance crying out for renewal (said renewal being not worth it IMO) but that wouldn't be my first call.

If it was my computer I'd consider it infected and immediately begin to research whether that's truly the case.

iBrad81

Badlands
First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I've been getting this also, I've tried cleaning and running all the scans and nothing fixed it yet.

MsPickles

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
It's a popup from a shady advertiser on the site. When you are on the forum, various advertisers are displaying advertisements, and one of them is actually running a scam, and pops up that fake McAfee page. Don't click the page, just browse back or close and reopen the browser. The scam only works if you click on that scam McAfee page and give them information.

OP
OP
lonepalm

lonepalm

Black Diamond
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'12 F250, '21 Explorer, 22 Race Red BD
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Thanks for the replies. I assumed it was something here because I only see it when I'm on B6G. I never open anything I didn't search for, it's more of a nuisance than anything else.
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.