Sponsored

MGV seat ripping & paint chipping off on rear swing gate within 2 weeks of purchase

RedDK

Big Bend
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Big Bend
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Hey all - Dealing with some unfortunate issues after having just picked up my Bronco (brand new) <2 weeks ago from the dealer. Yesterday I noticed the stitching on the driver's seat was coming undone, leading me to give some further inspections of the car and discovered the paint chipping on the gate. Thought I was pretty thorough when I picked the car up lol, but of course didn't notice this stuff or it just already started happening.

Has anyone heard of these issues in the past? Pretty frustrated here given how new the car is.

Feel like I'll need the whole seat and gate replaced
Ford Bronco MGV seat ripping & paint chipping off on rear swing gate within 2 weeks of purchase IMG_8137.JPG
Ford Bronco MGV seat ripping & paint chipping off on rear swing gate within 2 weeks of purchase IMG_8151.JPG
Ford Bronco MGV seat ripping & paint chipping off on rear swing gate within 2 weeks of purchase IMG_8152.JPG
Sponsored

Murraydog11

Outer Banks
First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 2Dr Outer Banks, Jeep Cherokee
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Hey all - Dealing with some unfortunate issues after having just picked up my Bronco (brand new) <2 weeks ago from the dealer. Yesterday I noticed the stitching on the driver's seat was coming undone, leading me to give some further inspections of the car and discovered the paint chipping on the gate. Thought I was pretty thorough when I picked the car up lol, but of course didn't notice this stuff or it just already started happening.

Has anyone heard of these issues in the past? Pretty frustrated here given how new the car is.

Ford Bronco MGV seat ripping & paint chipping off on rear swing gate within 2 weeks of purchase IMG_8152.JPG
I have the exact same issue with my passenger seat. Ford covered the entire seat replacement under warranty, but it's still on back order six months later...

MM_Noah

Base
Squatch Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
Noah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco Base, 2003 Ford F-250
Your Bronco Model
Base
I don't think that seat is ripped, that piece tucks under the upper level. Try to take a small plastic pry tool and push it back in. I added some super glue to mine and it has held for 26k miles.

Or just wait, it is under warranty!

OP
OP

RedDK

Big Bend
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Big Bend
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I have the exact same issue with my passenger seat. Ford covered the entire seat replacement under warranty, but it's still on back order six months later...
Glad I'm not alone here.

6 months though ... yikes. Sounds on par with the rest of the ordering experience haha

OP
OP

RedDK

Big Bend
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Big Bend
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I don't think that seat is ripped, that piece tucks under the upper level. Try to take a small plastic pry tool and push it back in. I added some super glue to mine and it has held for 26k miles.

Or just wait, it is under warranty!
Yeah ripped may not have been the best word... more so the result of poor/ lack of proper stitching?

Thanks for the idea. Can definitely do that and wait for a replacement.

Guess I'm really more concerned about the paint chipping off my rear gate

Sponsored

Murraydog11

Outer Banks
First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 2Dr Outer Banks, Jeep Cherokee
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Yeah ripped may not have been the best word... more so the result of poor/ lack of proper stitching?

Thanks for the idea. Can definitely do that and wait for a replacement.

Guess I'm really more concerned about the paint chipping off my rear gate
It will still come apart with repeated use. It's a manufacturing defect.

tock13

Big Bend
First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazda, 66 Honda CT90, ‘94 Toyota Xtra cab
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Seat doesn’t looked ripped, it looks like the assembly was done half a$$ed. no doubt by a worker who believes their stunning attention to detail should warrant them 32 hour work week and huge…oh never mind, I’m already going to get roasted.
Sponsored