Sponsored

Major Paint Chipping in less then 600 miles of driving (ON SNOW!)

Dave-O

Big Bend
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150/Mach-E
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Well that's Canadian, so like $12.33 USD. lol
I think I checked Gatorback and it was still $1000 front AND rear. Blows my mind
Sponsored

Herbie

Badlands
First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Roll Sound

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wildtrack 2DR MIC OW, 2014 KTM RC8R
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
And you have the SAS flares correct?
Yes. I did this. Easy mod. Rear go right on. I cut the front a little and made brackets with 3" right angle shelf hardware, the kind with the holes already in them. I bought some stainless hardware and rattle can painted hardware matte black.

IMG_9273.jpg

IMG_9274.jpg

IMG_9272.jpg

IMG_9276.jpg

IMG_9282.jpg

EveryDayBronco

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Motorcycle
Your Bronco Model
Base
IMG_2774.jpg

More Pictures are Below.

Total Mileage: 1100 KM's
Condition: Bone Stock

I swear I have been taking it easy and have not driven it off-road yet. It's too cold out for that now.

Less than a month and 600 miles on my Base 2 Door Sasquatch and it's already covered in "too the metal" paint chips. It's obviously coming from gravel being flung up from the 35 inch Goodyears. But I haven't taken it off-road yet and it's only seen paved streets with gravel put on for traction (as Salt is useless at the deep cold temps we get up here, -40).

There is already rust forming in the holes (*EDIT on the rockers) and I have driven up here my whole life and have never seen anything like this so quickly. Especially in the winter.

I don't know what to do. This is fully stock and I don't know if this is a paint defect but if this continues like this next Summer this thing would look ten years old.

Taking it to the dealer on Monday for an inspection.

Drivers side door jam
IMG_2771.jpg

Mid Door panel on the Passenger side
IMG_2773.jpg
IMG_2777.jpg

And even under the Door handle
IMG_2778.jpg
Covered in another thread, those tires throw rocks like crazy and the thread starter recommended mud flaps before even driving drive it!

Hope ford helps you but I wouldn't be surprised if they point you to their mud flaps.

Herbie

Badlands
First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Yes. I did this. Easy mod. Rear go right on. I cut the front a little and made brackets with 3" right angle shelf hardware, the kind with the holes already in them. I bought some stainless hardware and rattle can painted hardware matte black.

Ford Bronco Major Paint Chipping in less then 600 miles of driving (ON SNOW!) IMG_9282

Ford Bronco Major Paint Chipping in less then 600 miles of driving (ON SNOW!) IMG_9282

Nice work, you just bent the right angle brackets to create the new angle? I bet the mounting is solid and they will actually stay in place. I just bought the front flaps and will probably copy you. Thanks.

Sponsored

69BroncoX302

First Edition
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1969 U15, 2021 First Edition
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

SAS requires mud flaps with the tires. They grab and throw everything. Gatorbacks are expensive but worth it IMO.

Roll Sound

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Nice work, you just bent the right angle brackets to create the new angle? I bet the mounting is solid and they will actually stay in place. I just bought the front flaps and will probably copy you. Thanks.
Yeah, I just bent the brackets a little. I can help you if you want, DM me. They are rock solid.

zombie

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands (7spd) 2022 Mustang GT PP
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I think I checked Gatorback and it was still $1000 front AND rear. Blows my mind
Nah, I bought them from TruckHardware.ca for less than $800 CAD for the full set.

Expensive, but cheaper than (or around the same price as) PPF and definitely cheaper than a respray.

FWIW, they have nice metal brackets, come with all the hardware you need and for the front flaps at least, don't require any permanent modification to the vehicle. The rears did require drilling 2 holes on each side into the cap on the end of the bumper.

Dave-O

Big Bend
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150/Mach-E
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Nah, I bought them from TruckHardware.ca for less than $800 CAD for the full set.

Expensive, but cheaper than (or around the same price as) PPF and definitely cheaper than a respray.

FWIW, they have nice metal brackets, come with all the hardware you need and for the front flaps at least, don't require any permanent modification to the vehicle. The rears did require drilling 2 holes on each side into the cap on the end of the bumper.
I’ll be taking a look. Thanks for that

Roll Sound

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak

I agree the Gatorbacks are rad. I'm just putting the $750 I saved in mudflaps alone, into recovery equipment.

Bigwheelin

Badlands
First Name
Shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 f150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

More Pictures are Below.

Total Mileage: 1100 KM's
Condition: Bone Stock

I swear I have been taking it easy and have not driven it off-road yet. It's too cold out for that now.

Less than a month and 600 miles on my Base 2 Door Sasquatch and it's already covered in "too the metal" paint chips. It's obviously coming from gravel being flung up from the 35 inch Goodyears. But I haven't taken it off-road yet and it's only seen paved streets with gravel put on for traction (as Salt is useless at the deep cold temps we get up here, -40).

There is already rust forming in the holes (*EDIT on the rockers) and I have driven up here my whole life and have never seen anything like this so quickly. Especially in the winter.

I don't know what to do. This is fully stock and I don't know if this is a paint defect but if this continues like this next Summer this thing would look ten years old.

Taking it to the dealer on Monday for an inspection.

Drivers side door jam

Mid Door panel on the Passenger side

And even under the Door handle
Throw the piece of shit tires in the garbage, and get a different brand. These tires throw everything they touch at our trucks. Or put on ugly mud flaps
Sponsored