Sponsored

MIC Top Wind Noise Poll

Do you have wind noise with your MIC top?

• Total voters

Badlands51

Badlands
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Built Jeep JK
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
My 2-door Badlands Sasquatch definitely has a lot more wind noise coming from the top than my Jeep Wrangler ever had in the 11-years that I owned it.
I assumed the noise was coming from the roof rack. But now I will talk with my good-for-nothing dealer about getting it fixed.

bronco_w-rails.png
Sponsored

FLSTFI Dave

Raptor
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Grand Sport, Carbon 65, 2017 F-150
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
I have driven a MIC top two door and a MIC top 4 door before I received my Raptor. Wind noise above 50 is much worse in it than it was in the other MIC tops I have driven. 75 mph it annoying.

Other than this I love it for the 6 days I have had it.

negativezero

Big Bend
First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Tundra
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
This is exactly how loud my 2D, BB, 2.7L, w/ Badlands take-offs, MIC + deadening, no roof rack is.

ckmtaoo-png.png

Better than expected. Room for improvement.

WannaJL

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wannabe Bronco owner
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Just drove a 2 door and 4 door back to back and the noise level was night and day. The 4 door was as quiet as my Escape, but the 2 door was so loud I couldn’t hear myself think. I commented to the salesman that something is wrong with the top and he blew me off and said it was because of the shorter wheelbase. WTF does that have to do with the tea in China??

Thought I had my mind made up over the Jeep, but now I’m not so sure…

Sponsored

Rydfree

Badlands
First Name
Benny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Ford F-150 Supercrew 4WD King Ranch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Just drove a 2 door and 4 door back to back and the noise level was night and day. The 4 door was as quiet as my Escape, but the 2 door was so loud I couldn’t hear myself think. I commented to the salesman that something is wrong with the top and he blew me off and said it was because of the shorter wheelbase. WTF does that have to do with the tea in China??

Thought I had my mind made up over the Jeep, but now I’m not so sure…
My 2dr is quite and absolutely no complaints. Not as quite as my 2020 Ranger Lariat FX4 but pretty close. No roof rack though.

indio22

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'72 Rover, '85 CJ7, '98 TJ, '14 BRZ, '23 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
2-door manual hardtop quiet. Drove it Iowa to Chicago no problem. Other than a bit of wind noise somewhere near back edge of passenger side panel, not enough to bother with yet. No issue talking to passengers or whatever.

Surprised to find people having such loud experiences. You guys driving 90mph or something? Maybe as suggested roof rack turbulence?

67BroncoG1

Base
First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 2D Squatch, '67 Bronco, '24 Grenadier -ordered
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I have a 2 door BaseSquatch. At 70 mph it is to loud inside to have a conversation with the passenger. You end up having to speak so loudly that it isn't comfortable.

I'm not so sure that most is coming from wind around the top. There is some wind noise but I think most of the noise isn't coming from the crappy Goodyear "Territory" tires fitted to the Sasquatch package. Those things on the grooved concrete freeways we have here in Southern California are amazingly loud. It's also with pointing out that I have a Base trim level without the extra sound deadening the higher trims get.

Lastly, while I appreciate the survey that is part of this post, it isn't catching what I think are the important variables. If we dig deeper I believe we will find that trim level, tire type, and road surface have the largest impact on interior noise levels. I say this having recently driven my friend's 2-door Wildtrack with BFG All Terrain tires and found it substantially quieter on the freeway by my house.

lapazleo

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 bronco badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

This thread is over year old folks.

WannaJL

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wannabe Bronco owner
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
This thread is over year old folks.
As a potential buyer I found it very enlightening and informative.

Has there been some discussion that would shed light on the subject? My test drive was yesterday and obviously the issue remains
Sponsored