Sponsored

MIC Top Wind Noise Poll

Do you have wind noise with your MIC top?

• Total voters

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
dodge charger
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
It's not even close to the Charger I moved out of, but never expected it to be. It's absolutely liveable at highways speeds, and that's w/o any headliner. If Hothead gets their liner to market soon I'll probably install that after winter (rotator cuff surgery next month so it's a lost snowboard season for me and I won't be doing much driving til spring).

Voted 4 Dr with noise
Sponsored

OP
OP
M4Madness

M4Madness

Base
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150 FX4
Your Bronco Model
Base
Well, this poll has shown that my hypothesis of only four door models having wind noise has been disproven. :)

Alphaconn

Wildtrak
First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 F150
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Mine came in with poorly install seals ahead of both rear windows. There was a whistle at normal road speed. Just gave the inner metal strip inside the seal a bend and everything got nice and quiet.

66Fan

Wildtrak
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

It’s really not a yes or no question. You should’ve done a 1-10 scale poll. Yeah, I have more wind noise than I would without a removable hard top, but it’s not bad at all. I also have more tire noise with these 35s than I would something smaller. Just comes with the territory.
Disclaimer - I'm fairly hard of hearing, especially high pitch noises.

That's exactly it.
On the way home with mine, I didn't notice anything abnormal for a brick. My wife was complaining the whole way about a high pitched squeal/whistle.

Of course, I said the only annoying noise I hear is coming from around the passenger seat.
lol.... that almost got my ass kicked!

Deuce

Badlands
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
It’s definitely louder than my Explorer was. Once I realigned my driver side rear window it definitely improved. For those who say it sounds like a window is cracked just a bit, your windows need to be adjusted. It takes a few minutes and only requires a 10 mm socket.

Sponsored

bradcd

Badlands
First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Saab 9-3
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

wylieone46

Big Bend
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Big Bend
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I was at a Ford customer survey clinic yesterday in Denver. A Ford engineer said my MIC top was installed at the factory incorrectly. He went on a ride with me at highway speed and confirmed it. The top is sitting too high where it meets the windshield and it is causing the air to get under it at anything faster than 45 mph. He seems to think the dealership can adjust it to fix the problem. I will make an appointment and see if that is the case.

Scott R Nelson

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Escape, 2-door Base Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Not enough choices. My 2-door MIC Bronco is louder than my 2014 Escape, but quieter than my Mustang convertible.

I was surprised at how well it works on the highway. No noticeable tire noise and any wind noise is not serious.

Duke460

Outer Banks
First Name
Earle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Have a 4 door OBX, on various roads and above 65 mph has some noise. my F150 is much quieter. It’s not bad for this type of vehicle. As long as it’s warm out have windows down and top off.

Sponsored

AMTRV

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Oliver
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Badlands 4dr, 22 6.7L Tremor, 1940 Ford Cpe
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
What’s up with all of the comparisons to vehicles with non removable tops?

Ford Motor Company

First Edition
Official Ford Account
First Name
Ford
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, Bronco Sport
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
I owned a 2010 wrangler 4 door hardtop for 11 years before my Bronco.
My 4 door Badlands Sas was delivered without the headliner. (An oversight on Ford’s part)
It has been almost a year now and I’m STILL WAITING…
I will say that the first thing I noticed on my initial test drive was the insane amount of wind noise. Way louder than my Jeep ever was!
I guess I’ll see how much of a difference the headliner makes if I ever receive it…
Despite the noise, I absolutely love this truck. (But it IS freeking noisy!)
Hello there. Will you send us a message with your VIN and dealership info? I'd be happy to look into this for you.

porkchop express

Black Diamond
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 camaro ss 1le, 2017 focus st, 2020 ram
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
My first impression I had driving home on the freeway with my BD hardtop was "Holy s--t! This thing is loud". The wind noise is surprisingly loud over 50ish. I thought I ordered the sound panels but they're not on it or the window sticker. I definitely will be looking at options to quiet it down a little.

riyatch

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

My 2 door wind noise starts around 40mph and gets louder with speed. Sounds like an air leak into the cabin, not as bad as a cracked window, but kinda annoying and everyone thats been in the bronco has commented on it. I fully expected some wind noise so it doesnt bother me too much but would like to improve it if possible.

F150rubyred

Black Diamond
First Name
Rod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco, 2013 Lexus GX460, 2014 Mustang GT,
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Mine is definitely not as quiet as my F150 although it is still acceptable for removable roof vehicle. My wife and I did 2500 mile trip to Ouray CO and back I always driver about 5 over posted speed so running 70-85 depending on speed limit. Going out it was very quiet, coming home I had a 30mph wind in our face and running the same speed it was loud.. I did 1000 miles straight coming home and I had a headache from the noise.
22 mpg out and 18 mpg coming home; that head wind kills the mileage.
Sponsored